Kelly Quinlan sucks

The point of his pay site is that he has “insider information”. I’ve never seen his site so I don’t know what is available behind the curtain, but if he is publishing stuff that turns out to be wrong, then what is the point? I wouldn’t pay Amazon for Prime if they neglected to deliver on time on a regular basis either.

I don’t “hate” KQ. I don’t hate anyone. I just don’t care for the way he misleads. Perfect case in point was CPJ’s retirement. Several outlets were reporting it, and he denied it, basically had no clue about it. If he doesn’t catch wind of that before people like Jeff Schultz, then he’s not very well tied into the program.
I don't think that's a fair perception. He's got to walk a fine line with spreading information about the coach thinking about retirement, because when that kind of rumor gets out recruiting suffers and he gets his media access revoked. I got the impression that Quinlan (and others) pretty much expected Johnson to retire at the end of 2019, but he definitely dropped hints all along that he wouldn't be shocked if PJ hung it up at the end of this season. It was still just surprising when he actually did it.

I don't think that's a fair perception. He's got to walk a fine line with spreading information about the coach thinking about retirement, because when that kind of rumor gets out recruiting suffers and he gets his media access revoked. I got the impression that Quinlan (and others) pretty much expected Johnson to retire at the end of 2019, but he definitely dropped hints all along that he wouldn't be shocked if PJ hung it up at the end of this season. It was still just surprising when he actually did it.

It all depends on whether you view him as a reporter or as the guy who goes and sits at the bar all day for gossip. If he’s a reporter then consequences should not be a concern.

What’s the actual gain from those pay sites? I had a Scout one back in the day for a few months. I was expecting a good, steady stream of Wizard of Oz behind the curtain type info. It was none of that.

I’ve just found no value knowing a few hours to days before everyone else about commits or team info. The whole model just seemed like a racket.

Back