Kenyatta Watson transferring to GT

KW is looking to not sit a year.

And obviously, if you know who his Dad is, you see this could be even bigger than just him. KWSr works with Grayson HS athletes during the recruiting process... sending film, coordinating visits, etc. Grayson is most likely the most important HS in the State for us (and for many others) from a recruiting standpoint. Arguably, nobody consistently puts out more scholarship players in this state.

Last edited:
200.gif

From perusing the Texas boards there seems to be a decent amount of sentiment that their staff ööööed this one up. Watson was in the running for a starting CB position through fall camp, was narrowly beat out, and the staff proceeded to give him almost zero PT despite their secondary playing terribly through Week 5.

It’s either that or the crowd that says “spoiled kid who didn’t want to wait his turn” that any fan base would claim when jilted by a player.

My point being there’s not much of anybody from their end saying “depth player, who cares.” Most think he would have been starting for them next year.

One of the complaints with Tom Herman is that he’s not playing the best player. The radio today talked about the RB position. This attitude that competition is not king trickles through the team and causes players to not care and play with heart. If you watch UT games they don’t look like they are trying that hard.

One of the complaints with Tom Herman is that he’s not playing the best player. The radio today talked about the RB position. This attitude that competition is not king trickles through the team and causes players to not care and play with heart. If you watch UT games they don’t look like they are trying that hard.
We are damn lucky we have Collins.

KW is looking to not sit a year.

And obviously, if you know who his Dad is, you see this could be even bigger than just him. KWSr works with Grayson HS athletes during the recruiting process... sending film, coordinating visits, etc. Grayson is most likely the most important HS in the State for us (and for many others) from a recruiting standpoint. Arguably, nobody consistently puts out more scholarship players in this state.

They're also great at recruiting

Pretty disgusting by Herman and any coach that does that. Lose trust extremely quickly and like you said, it absolutely trickles down.

From perusing the Texas boards there seems to be a decent amount of sentiment that their staff ööööed this one up. Watson was in the running for a starting CB position through fall camp, was narrowly beat out, and the staff proceeded to give him almost zero PT despite their secondary playing terribly through Week 5.

It’s either that or the crowd that says “spoiled kid who didn’t want to wait his turn” that any fan base would claim when jilted by a player.

My point being there’s not much of anybody from their end saying “depth player, who cares.” Most think he would have been starting for them next year.

Thank you for the great research. Love hearing stuff like this

That’s awesome. Hopefully he’s eligible to play next year. No doubt if he was transferring to one of the football factories like Georgia, Clemson, Bama or Ohio State that would happen. The other programs in college football team to be treated like a stepchild.

Great news.

I wonder how much player to player word-of-mouth helped in his decision? It seems evident that CGC is truly changing the culture.

Why do I know his name? I'm not big into recruiting or UT football, but Kenyatta Watson seems very familiar to me. What am I missing?

Back