Kenyatta Watson transferring to GT

Our other transfer DBs have been underwhelming hopefully that Kenyatta breaks that mold.

Why do I know his name? I'm not big into recruiting or UT football, but Kenyatta Watson seems very familiar to me. What am I missing?
He's an ATL kid and was Collins' first offer when he landed the GT job. He was already committed to UT at the time, but sources say we finished a close second in his recruitment despite the late push. His father, Kenyatta Watson Sr. is a recruiting consultant and helps a LOT of metro kids with recruitment. This is a double win for us. Sr. was also on the Grayson football staff until last year.

We are about to lock down WR's. Damn, this team is gonna transform. We are just at the beginnings of our S&C program with the "moneyball" body types we are starting to recruit.

Here's a list of KWII's offers out of high school:

P5 offers (besides Texas): Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kansas State, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Other offers: Central Michigan, Cincinnati, FAU, UMass, Tulane, USF

Here's a list of KWII's offers out of high school:

P5 offers (besides Texas): Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kansas State, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Other offers: Central Michigan, Cincinnati, FAU, UMass, Tulane, USF
Splendid - we are stealing a kid from UMass.
Gotcha!

Agreed, we don't see Allen much but from what I have seen it seems he does fine. I think once Carpenter graduates he will probably "start".

That and so think I remember Allen being mentioned as a good performer on ST so far. Noticed him a few times on KO coverage against UL. Not his fault he had two returning, upperclassman starters in front of him. Will be a chip in our favor for his little brother too in the ‘22 class.

That and so think I remember Allen being mentioned as a good performer on ST so far. Noticed him a few times on KO coverage against UL. Not his fault he had two returning, upperclassman starters in front of him. Will be a chip in our favor for his little brother too in the ‘22 class.
Didn’t he have the pass defense on the 3rd down play in UL’s last possession? Don’t know if he got a PBU but he was right in coverage.

Why do I know his name? I'm not big into recruiting or UT football, but Kenyatta Watson seems very familiar to me. What am I missing?

I had the same deja vu.
Looked him up and found his Dad (Kenyatta Watson, Sr.) was a wide receiver at Boston College from '93 - '96.
Looks like he probably started from '94 - '96 and I think he might have had a brief cup of coffee in an NFL camp somewhere.

I think they actually do a better job in coverage than the starters. Not as good at run support, but I can't help but feel like we're playing people out of position still on defense.
Tariq has had a tough year. He's huge and looks slow. Disappointing year from him so far. Juanyeh has been fine but did have a rough game against Cuse.

He's an ATL kid and was Collins' first offer when he landed the GT job. He was already committed to UT at the time, but sources say we finished a close second in his recruitment despite the late push. His father, Kenyatta Watson Sr. is a recruiting consultant and helps a LOT of metro kids with recruitment. This is a double win for us. Sr. was also on the Grayson football staff until last year.

Got it. I think I’ve seen his dad post on other recruits.

Quote:
Then he asked his father if he had heard from Georgia Tech coach Geoff Collins.

“I said, ‘Nah, I haven’t heard from him yet,’” Watson Sr. said.

A stud DB goes into the portal and specifically asks his father if he has heard from Collins yet. The juice floweth

Back