Key and Chadwell interviewed This Week

I'm not sure if you've noticed but Louisville is sitting at 7-4 this season. Some of you all need to do some research before just spouting BS to make yourself feel better about settling on Key.
Maybe I should have been more specific. Satterfield has not been the next hot coach like some thought could happen. His record / success has not even been close to that of what he had at App State. The research you're looking for says this is 3 straight years of .500 conference record or worse. Not once has his success made me regret that GT didn't go after him.

As I said, I'd get behind Chadwell, but I worry about the lack of power 5 experience. Don't be so butthurt that some people prefer Key over Chadwell.

The comparison to O'Leary is foolish. O'Leary had little to do with the failings of the previous coach, didn't even have a full season with them. The situations are not really comparable.

As to some other notes: I'm not sure how much his recruiting at other schools really matters comparison to the recruiting he has already been trying to do at the place he would he hired at. Also you're OL points are either stupid or subjective. He put in a two-deep....really? Whooped de do that is not something to be crowing about. I also would counter your subjective opinion that the OL has been doing well with my subjective opinion that it mostly has not. The offense has not really grown at all over the season; sure you could argue that the reason is the QB situation and not Key, that's a separate discussion, but to claim there has been "significant" offensive improvement isn't true.

Not trying to argue Key is bad, just that your points claiming he is good are.
First, there’s a strong correlation to GOL. He was on the staff for that entire third season. You’re blaming Key for TFG’s failure? TFG ran a totally undisciplined program trying to be cool with the kids. Key is correcting that. You can see it if you want to.
I’d also say if you can’t see the better OL play, perhaps you don’t want to. I think this is it - you don’t like Key. He’s playing with all FR/SO at this point (except Lay), and in front of a series of backup QB’s. That makes a difference.
You glibly dismiss the QB situation as a contributor to the offensive woes, when it is a major contributor. LOL. That right there says a whole lot.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Satterfield has not been the next hot coach like some thought could happen. His record / success has not even been close to that of what he had at App State. The research you're looking for says this is 3 straight years of .500 conference record or worse. Not once has his success made me regret that GT didn't go after him.

As I said, I'd get behind Chadwell, but I worry about the lack of power 5 experience. Don't be so butthurt that some people prefer Key over Chadwell.
Seems like every HC that comes to App St looks amazing while there, must be something in the water there in Boone NC

The last two hires (Johnson and Collins), if I remember right the ultimate choice was not a name most people were talking about. Makes me wonder how much we really know. Could be someone out of left field like Mike Houston.

You take that back and go wash your mouth out with soap.

Key getting a 4* QB commit in this poo storm moved the needle for me. If Key wins on Saturday you give him the job on the field. Play respectable and let's negotiate. I'm more excited for Key with a top flight staff than Chadwell and more lower G5 assistant call ups.

Lol. If Key beats the #1 undefeated national champs on the road with his third string QB down two starting linemen someone might hire him away from us

Anyone saying Key or Chadwell would be a bad hire are absolute idiots. Both are great coaches with their strengths and weaknesses. Sure, you can prefer one over the other, but saying either one would be a bad hire might be the most brain dead thing I have ever heard.
This is true. If Key gets it I just want it to be because he crushed his interview and is best for job after a deliberate search and not a booster power play.

Let's compare Key to George O'Leary as interim coach:
- GOL failed to win a game
- GOL lost to a mediocre (5-6) Clemson team 20-10
- GOL lost to a bad (3-8) Wake Forest team 20-13
- GOL got blown out by a mediocre (6-4-1) UGA team 48-10
Under these criteria, GOL never would have been hired as HBC at GA Tech. I think we can all agree that would have been a big mistake
Something you forgot in your comparison.

GOL was DL/DC coach for GT at the pinnacle of GT football in my lifetime.

BK was OL/AHC of GT at it's absolute lowest point in my lifetime.

Fritz has "established himself" by having success before 60 as well. That's why he is a candidate.

Saban was almost 60 when he started at Bama.

I don't know that Fritz is the right guy for the job but I don't think "62 is too old" is a great argument.
The kids tend to not want to play for Paw Paw unless of course he's a legend coaching at a legendary program. Hiring Fritz would be on a par with the CCG hire only worse.

I'm not sure if you've noticed but Louisville is sitting at 7-4 this season. Some of you all need to do some research before just spouting BS to make yourself feel better about settling on Key.

So 2 games over 0.500 overall and three games under 0.500 in conference. At App, he was 51-25 (38-10). I think it is safe to say his success at App hasn’t carried over.

Against common opponents, UL is 3-2 whereas Tech is 1-4 this year. For Key vs Sat this year, Key is 1-2, Sat is 2-1. So the difference in Key and Sat record this year is Key lost to UVa with his backup QB and Sat beat UVa with his backup QB.

First, there’s a strong correlation to GOL. He was on the staff for that entire third season. You’re blaming Key for TFG’s failure? TFG ran a totally undisciplined program trying to be cool with the kids. Key is correcting that. You can see it if you want to.
I’d also say if you can’t see the better OL play, perhaps you don’t want to. I think this is it - you don’t like Key. He’s playing with all FR/SO at this point (except Lay), and in front of a series of backup QB’s. That makes a difference.
You glibly dismiss the QB situation as a contributor to the offensive woes, when it is a major contributor. LOL. That right there says a whole lot.
  • I'm not blaming Collins failures on Key, I'm saying he can't be wholly separated from it like O'Leary could. Bill Lewis was fired partway through his third season, the same as O'Leary's first; they did not coach at the same school for 1 full season. Hell Key is going to be interim coach for around the same # of games that Lewis and O'Leary were together for.
  • " if you can’t see the better OL play, perhaps you don’t want to" what a horrifying echo this is
  • I'm not glibly dismissing the QB situation as a contributor to the offensive woes, I'm saying it is a reason why the offense is woeful and not improved as you implied.

Key getting a 4* QB commit in this poo storm moved the needle for me. If Key wins on Saturday you give him the job on the field. Play respectable and let's negotiate. I'm more excited for Key with a top flight staff than Chadwell and more lower G5 assistant call ups.
That kid was being recruited by coastal as well.

Back