Key and Chadwell interviewed This Week

The kids tend to not want to play for Paw Paw unless of course he's a legend coaching at a legendary program. Hiring Fritz would be on a par with the CCG hire only worse.
He has had 1 good season at Tulane, and overall is 40-45, we would have fired him years ago with that shiite performance. I truly don’t understand how anyone is interested in him as our coach?

Anyone saying Key or Chadwell would be a bad hire are absolute idiots. Both are great coaches with their strengths and weaknesses. Sure, you can prefer one over the other, but saying either one would be a bad hire might be the most brain dead thing I have ever heard.
Keys career record is trash. His highlights are being an assistant at Bama where all assistants under Saban look great, and a mediocre performance as interim HC. If Tech is dumb enough to hire him mediocrity will become the norm. A step up from Collins but that’s it. And there is good reason to believe he will be less than mediocre. The “Collins tainted everything” is a convenient scapegoat that doesn’t hold up well.

Keys career record is trash. His highlights are being an assistant at Bama where all assistants under Saban look great, and a mediocre performance as interim HC. If Tech is dumb enough to hire him mediocrity will become the norm. A step up from Collins but that’s it. And there is good reason to believe he will be less than mediocre. The “Collins tainted everything” is a convenient scapegoat that doesn’t hold up well.
So we didn’t just beat two ranked teams and an “others receiving votes” team? Like dude please be realistic here.

If Key's team gets absolutely destroyed on Saturday and then he is announced to be the next head coach, the excitement of this hire will go from tepid to straight up frosty. Kind of a no win situation if you hire him...unless he wins on Saturday.

If Key's team gets absolutely destroyed on Saturday and then he is announced to be the next head coach, the excitement of this hire will go from tepid to straight up frosty. Kind of a no win situation if you hire him...unless he wins on Saturday.
I don't think he has to win but if they keep it within 20 this year that would be a win for Key

So we didn’t just beat two ranked teams and an “others receiving votes” team? Like dude please be realistic here.
LOL we are now an “others receiving votes” team. You’re not seriously touting beating an “others receiving votes” team as a credential are you? I guess that does sound better than saying “he beat Dook”.

Now do the Virginia and Miami games.

LOL we are now an “others receiving votes” team. You’re not seriously touting beating an “others receiving votes” team as a credential are you? I guess that does sound better than saying “he beat Dook”.

No. Pitt and UNC are much better.

We haven't been an 'others receiving votes' team is several years.

Back