Khari Gee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome...however considering our three year record bringing in players from the transfer portal, I have to ask if it is helping us or hurting us. I mean CPJ didn't take to many transfers and he led Tech Football to multple 11 wins seasons and Muliple Orange Bowls and an ACC Title..

The benefits that I assumed Coach Collins would do via recruiting ( I bought the hype that recruiting would improve and thus so would our record) do not seem to have impacted our W-L record.

I also wonder what it does to the morale of roster players looking for a chance to move into the starting lineup but, with my limited knowledge, I think it should be a good thing and it is good news that he choose us I mean at this point it can't get to much worse. Here is what I am tracking...not sure if Transfer portal has helped us...

The players listed below were all starters after transferring.

Kyric McGowan - WR

Marquez Ezzard - WR (Already transferring)

Ace Eley - LB

Ryan Johnson - OL

Devin Cochran - OL

Jared Southers- OL

Jack DeFoor - OL

Tyler Davis - TE

The players below started at least one game and will play more with injuries behind them.

Keion White - DE

Nick Pendley - OL

The players below are primary backups in the secondary

Spyder Sims -DB

Derrik Allen - DB

K. Watson - DB

Last edited:
Unironically, CPJ would have probably been awesome in the transfer portal era. Be a landing spot for serious, somewhat-positionless athletes who washed out of the factories but want a landing spot that still keeps them as a starter in the P5, and with a chip on their shoulders.

Welcome...however considering our three year record bringing in players from the transfer portal, I have to ask if it is helping us or hurting us. I mean CPJ didn't take to many transfers and he led Tech Football to multple 11 wins seasons and Muliple Orange Bowls and an ACC Title..

The benefits that I assumed Coach Collins would do via recruiting ( I bought the hype that recruiting would improve and thus so would our record) do not seem to have impacted our W-L record.

I also wonder what it does to the morale of roster players looking for a chance to move into the starting lineup but, with my limited knowledge, I think it should be a good thing and it is good news that he choose us I mean at this point it can't get to much worse. Here is what I am tracking...not sure if Transfer portal has helped us...

Kyric McGowan - WR

Ace Eley - LB

Ryan Johnson - OL

Devin Cochran - OL

Jared Southers- OL

Jack DeFoor - OL

Tyler Davis - TE

The players below started at least one game and will play more with injuries behind them.

Keion White - DE

Nick Pendley - OL

Spyder Sims -DB

Derrik Allen - DB

K. Watson - DB
You’re an idiot. Immediately after saying you’re “not sure if the portal is helping us” you list 13 players who came in through the portal and have made meaningful contributions, most of them starters.

And what the öööö does this have to do with CPJ other than you like to bring him up in every single post, no matter the topic?

You’re an idiot. Immediately after saying you’re “not sure if the portal is helping us” you list 13 players who came in through the portal and have made meaningful contributions, most of them starters.
It’s interesting G*C* leans on the poor roster to explain 3-3-3, but here we are with a stable full of transfers than came in & immediately filled gaps and none of that talent seemed to matter. I’m glad we excised some of the coaching liabilities but wish we would have finished the job. Just look at all the OL talent we squandered, yet the man responsible for the swiss cheese OL is still standing. Just one of two, maybe 3 real head scratchers.

Unironically, CPJ would have probably been awesome in the transfer portal era. Be a landing spot for serious, somewhat-positionless athletes who washed out of the factories but want a landing spot that still keeps them as a starter in the P5, and with a chip on their shoulders.
Hmm yeah. That's a good take honestly.

And what the öööö does this have to do with CPJ other than you like to bring him up in every single post, no matter the topic?
So winning 3 games a season is meaningful? Very interesting. I wonder if those players were the reason for the wins or if we win 3 games without them.

George O'Leary, Chan Gailey, and Paul Johnson won more than this coach. The common thread with those three coaches and the difference with Coach Collins thus far is transfer portal players.

Either way I am still not sure this formula is working.

Yea, and unlikely our players would be coveted as “transfer up” options like Gibbs, at risk of getting poached by better programs. On offense at least.

Hey, did any of y'all realize we have been winning 3 games per season? Don't know if any of the normal folks have been mentioning it in every thread.
How the f did I miss that? We only won 3 games each of the last 3 seasons? Is anyone talking about firing the AD and the coach? Someone should post a poll.

Kyric McGowan - WR

Ace Eley - LB

Ryan Johnson - OL

Devin Cochran - OL

Jared Southers- OL

Jack DeFoor - OL

Tyler Davis - TE

Keion White - DE

Nick Pendley - OL

Spyder Sims -DB

Derrik Allen - DB

K. Watson - DB
A DB called Spyder is always a take!

Yea, and unlikely our players would be coveted as “transfer up” options like Gibbs, at risk of getting poached by better programs. On offense at least.
I would rather win 7 games a year and play in the occasional ACC title game and OB without a Coveted player like Gibbs who transfered than win 6 games over two season with that player. Basically what I am saying is if we have to lose or average 3 wins a seaosn to get a player like Gibbs or win with players like Justin Thomas. I will take Justin Thomas all day long!

I would rather win 7 games a year and play in the occasional ACC title game and OB without a Coveted player like Gibbs who transfered than win 6 games over two season with that player. Basically what I am saying is if we have to lose or average 3 wins a seaosn to get a player like Gibbs or win with players like Justin Thomas. I will take Justin Thomas all day long!

Except that’s a false dichotomy.

Remind me how many wins we had with JT in 2015 again?

Except that’s a false dichotomy.

Remind me how many wins we had with JT in 2015 again?
Not sure it’s false that we “averaged 7 wins a year with an occasional OB” with Justin Thomas. In fact, we averaged 7.67 wins per year in his 3 years (11, 3 and 9 wins) as a starter with 1 OB win and 2 wins over UGA.

The new era averages just over 7.67 wins every 3 seasons combined - and has posted about 15 embarrassing losses in that span

This Is The Way

You would trade one 4* for another 4*? Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back