Kirby Smart to dwagland

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Ajc is reporting that they're going to announce it on Sunday or Monday morning.

You'd think that Georgia would hire big name head coaches, but they roll dice on a coordinator.

I guess we saw that coming. They've been saying his name for years.

Hope Alabama gets distracted, loses the seccg, SEC misses playoffs, SEC downgraded, Smart leaves UGA for Miami since ACC viewed as stronger conference.

Or...UGA sucks for the next 5 years.

Hope Alabama gets distracted, loses the seccg, SEC misses playoffs, SEC downgraded, Smart leaves UGA for Miami since ACC viewed as stronger conference.

Or...UGA sucks for the next 5 years.

From your keyboard to God's ears.

Scenario #2:

Kirby comes in, retains Pruitt, hires Lane Kiffin as OC. They all get caught in a drunken foursome with an underage coed.

Could be worse -- I'm glad they went with an unproven, albeit very good, DC, rather than a really good G5 head coach or somehow pulling off a coup with an A-Lister like Chip Kelly.

Guess this means Pruitt is also out for sure.

Biggest coaching vacancy open and they go with another Sabanite, this time as a head coach. How many from Saban's tree have been successful on their own? Just McElwain?

So UGA fires Richt and Pruitt (a really good D Coordinator) then hires a D Coordinator as head coach.

Makes sense. It IS Georgia.

Biggest coaching vacancy open and they go with another Sabanite, this time as a head coach. How many from Saban's tree have been successful on their own? Just McElwain?

It's because they have a huge boner for Saban and they wanna be Bama so they'll hire anyone associated with him.

Good hire for them. Coming from Alabama he probably has a lot of experience with thugs and criminals, as well as cheating.

Good hire for them. Coming from Alabama he probably has a lot of experience with thugs and criminals, as well as cheating.

Maybe this is me being naive, but does Saban run a dirty program like that? I know he pushes the boundaries of the rules, especially with regards to things like greyshirting, but I don't really remember many major criminal scandals with their players, and I don't recall them being accused of paying players a la some other SEC schools (hello, Auburn).

Maybe this is me being naive, but does Saban run a dirty program like that? I know he pushes the boundaries of the rules, especially with regards to things like greyshirting, but I don't really remember many major criminal scandals with their players, and I don't recall them being accused of paying players a la some other SEC schools (hello, Auburn).

Dwags want to gray shirt and cut players after offering them like Bama does because they're convinced that's what it takes. Richt was actually better about that stuff.

Sabah is much more skilled at keeping it quiet. Look up Titletown Fashions or whatever the suit/tux shop is called.

They will basically suck next year, show improvement next year, lose a major player to injury the next year and finish 9-3. History will repeat itself.

Back