KQ reporting Goose is a no

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I've thought we should do something like this for a head coach. Offer $500k/win. If you win it all, you're paid in the top 10 for college football coaches. 7 wins puts you right where we'd pay you anyway. And if you hire a gef, at least you haven't broken the bank for suckitude.
It would have taken a masochist or our last choice to come here for at least the first two years with that structure

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
Everybody knows our HC is on the hottest of hot seat EXCEPT whoever is calling the shots. Somehow they think we all think everything is ok on The Flats with the meaningless pronouncements and the sacrifice of 2 defensive assistants and our ineffective OC. Do they no think we saw how many times Key’s OL looked completely clueless, poorly coached, etc? Do they not understand we know our defense is ranked 111th and everybody knows our DC should have been shown the door first (maybe 2nd behind the HC)? I have no idea how they’re so out of touch. They must think that none of the individuals they’re recruiting to fill our open OC spot understands any of this & they’re oblivious to the fact that it’s highly likely they could be ushered out after the seemingly inevitable implosion next year when the new HC mans up his staff.
It's not the X's and O's, but the Jimmy's and Joe's.

QuadF

Dodd-Like

What really is of concern to me is that the first place that the team looked to for a replacement would be a former Yellow Jacket who has ties to the program and some of the current coaching staff.[....] The question that comes to mind now is that has this football program become so dysfunctional that the OC opening (and others for that matter) are of no interest to any serious candidates?

QuadF

Dodd-Like
That article is wrong. He had a hefty multiple year offer. This wasn't a "decoy" offer or anything like that.
Do we have confirmation an official offer was made? Could've been that a multi-year contracted was floated as the package if he wanted to interview and he said no at the beginning. Not that uncommon.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Do we have confirmation an official offer was made? Could've been that a multi-year contracted was floated as the package if he wanted to interview and he said no at the beginning. Not that uncommon.
I'm pretty sure he came in for an actual interview. He may have used it all for leverage to get his new deal at Miami, but my understanding is he was offered. Multiple years, 7 figures per year.

StingThing

Damn Good Rat
I'm pretty sure he came in for an actual interview. He may have used it all for leverage to get his new deal at Miami, but my understanding is he was offered. Multiple years, 7 figures per year.
Good. If we are offering that much money, then it means we can try and catch up to the rest of the football world. We need to pay good $$$ for top assistants. I think that was one of the downfalls of CPJ, didn't have the money to get the recruiters he needed and a decent DC.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Just a few sentences down:
I don’t know all the details of who is being interviewed and what insiders are saying about the job openings or the program itself,
Narrator: The opening is, in fact, of interest to serious candidates. FTRS is the worst. "I am going to write about this thing and then admit I have no idea what I am talking about."

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
If we're constantly chasing nostalgia instead of performance, thats a pretty damning indictment of the culture.
On that, I agree. I thought Godsey was a terrible idea and breathed a sigh of relief when he said no. Stansbury is obsessed with Tech men and the glory days of O'Leary at UCF, so I wonder if this was what he pushed for. But there are names on the list that I like.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
6D423D0F-B757-4140-B8AF-155C76778397.png

NOoOoOoOoOoOOOOooOoo!!!!!!
This is actually how you keep the Goose alive. If he's on CGC's staff, he's connected to CGC's performance. If he stays in the NFL, he's clean for when the HC position comes open.

So many dumb posts here

No KQ didn't make this up to get clicks. I realize it's TIC but it's also stupid, especially since subscriptions would come in at a time like this.

No, we won't get Mullen. Not a chance. He'll likely get a head coach job somewhere.

This coaching search is still early, but what if the uncertainty and hot seat of Collins turns everyone off, even with multi-year deals? If no decent OCs and DCs want a part of the geoff regime, and the continuation of that regime is dependent on getting good coordinators, we just need to clean house.
You make a fine point, but this is not the time to be searching for a head coach. If they can't find anybody, make Collins DC and Key OC and accept that next year is the last ride of the Collins era.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Stansbury is obsessed with Tech men and the glory days of O'Leary at UCF, so I wonder if this was what he pushed for. But there are names on the list that I like
Or maybe TDope's rolodex is limited to teammates from the Curry era and former O'leary players/connections? ;)