KSU Game is pivotal

QuadF

Dodd-Like
GT won that game.

KSU is a big game for Collins. Don’t want to think about the ramifications of a loss here…
Barely. Whole thing was a turd iirc. But the season turned around as people got settled.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
If you start a thread with, “if you start a thread with, ‘if you start a thread with,’” then it’s already over
If it’s already over three times, then it starts again. Let’s go demolish the owls and then whip Clemson too!!

GT98

Dodd-Like
Barely. Whole thing was a turd iirc. But the season turned around as people got settled.
I think that we can give a pass to a game they won using the 3rd string QB. And clearly wasn’t representative of the offense for the season.

GT needs to be putting up 30+ points tomorrow. Pnope needs to run, run and run some more to establish a lead. He can worry about balance later.

renegadeagle

Flats Noob
A "Pivotal" game to me means the potential difference between successful season and a disappointing season.

By this definition, there is no way a game against an FCS team named after a suburb can be considered pivotal, and suggesting as such shows how far we have fallen.

Winning or losing this game is simply the difference between continuing to languish as one of the worst teams in the county and truly crashing through rock bottom into the pits of he'll.

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Pivotal for who? Definitely not this Nutsack led squad.

He couldn't coach these boys to a win against the Top 25 Jrs in the State of Ga

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
A "Pivotal" game to me means the potential difference between successful season and a disappointing season.

By this definition, there is no way a game against an FCS team named after a suburb can be considered pivotal, and suggesting as such shows how far we have fallen.

Winning or losing this game is simply the difference between continuing to languish as one of the worst teams in the county and truly crashing through rock bottom into the pits of he'll.
Pivitol as to this might be the only win, unless we can beat Duke. The bottomline is that Geoff Collins" is 6-17 after 30 months. Hasn't beaten a winning team. 14 losses are by double digits. And those by one possession include a loss to The Citadel(FCS), Virginia and to a Northern Illinois team that hadn't won a game since Nov. 26, 2019. So if we want to get a dub in 21 this might be it! (maybe we have a chance agaisnt Duke this year)

I never thought game 2 vs KSU would be the crossroads of Collins' program, but here we are.

If we don't win this one, the season is already done. Almost no shot at a bowl game for 3rd year in a row. Hype train and recruiting derailed. Attendance will drop like a rock as GT fans will not show up for an 0-3 team.

However it's not over yet, and all you pussies need to show up Saturday at Bobby Dodd to cheer them on. We didn't drop out of Tech after that first 40 on a calculus exam, and we shouldn't give up on the football team after 1 bad game.
I had my fill watching NIU live and in person. I'm not spending an entire day (~6 hours drive round trip + game) and another $250 to watch that abomination play out again. I'll instead happily choose ESPN Goal Line and no heartburn or high blood pressure. If the GTAA wants my ticket money to buy upgraded coordinators / WR coaches ... let me know what to put in special instructions at the A-T Fund. Judging by the 20k empty seats vs NIU I'm certainly not the only one, and if anything I'm late to the "not gonna watch this garbage in person" party.

Keyser Soze

Likes Staff's Member
Regardless of outcome we are worse off than we were a few years ago

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
At least we had a shot with CPJ..... you at minimum knew you'd be in the game regardless of athletes. Because like it or not, CPJ is a great coach especially at coaching them up to being better. This guy gets them there and makes them look foolish.

MidnightJacket

Damn Good Rat
At least we had a shot with CPJ..... you at minimum knew you'd be in the game regardless of athletes. Because like it or not, CPJ is a great coach especially at coaching them up to being better. This guy gets them there and makes them look foolish.
I'm not going to defend CGC, he's dug himself his own hole with the NIU loss. But if PJ had hung around, chances are we would have had 3 win seasons the last 2 years as well, unless we caught a team offguard that hadn't prepared for the 3O. I say that as someone who loves PJ and what he did for GT. But it is what it is. Y'all forgot the beat downs from Clemson and ugag those last couple of years under PJ as the lines were dipping down in talent.

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I'm not going to defend CGC, he's dug himself his own hole with the NIU loss. But if PJ had hung around, chances are we would have had 3 win seasons the last 2 years as well, unless we caught a team offguard that hadn't prepared for the 3O. I say that as someone who loves PJ and what he did for GT. But it is what it is. Y'all forgot the beat downs from Clemson and ugag those last couple of years under PJ as the lines were dipping down in talent.
Right I'm with you. But with that, you have to level the expectations. Let's face it....we aren't and probably won't get back to where we COMPETE yearly with them. Yes, we'll probably sneak up but that's only 2 teams a yr. The rese we knew we had a shot. A chance to win 8-10 every year

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
At least we had a shot with CPJ..... you at minimum knew you'd be in the game regardless of athletes.

Right I'm with you. But with that, you have to level the expectations. Let's face it....we aren't and probably won't get back to where we COMPETE yearly with them. Yes, we'll probably sneak up but that's only 2 teams a yr. The rese we knew we had a shot.
I don't know what you've been watching but we weren't competing with Clemson and UG '17-'18. The scores definitely looked a bit more respectable with the fewer possessions, though. Against the middling teams we've always had a puncher's chance both then and now.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Yates would have been interesting to see in the option. But it’s over now.

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I don't know what you've been watching but we weren't competing with Clemson and UG '17-'18. The scores definitely looked a bit more respectable with the fewer possessions, though. Against the middling teams we've always had a puncher's chance both then and now.
That's pretty much what I said. We did COMPETE with them every year with the exception of a blowout every 10 yrs. But 17 til now...the tides have turned. We'll be lucky to get 1 out of 8 against either. But the rest we had a chance. So no.... we're not on a rebuild. We're watching less result with more talent. The difference is Collins basically jock sniffs them and doesn't coach like Johnson did

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
Jesus H Christ. You PJ nut huggers have to come öööö on every thread.

Please get over it. The man retired because his last teams sucked and he didn’t see a path to return to his kick-ass years.

I’m happy for our team this week because they were staring into the abyss of a 0 win season and instead they manned up and got it done. They need to keep that intensity over the season and keep improving.

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Jesus H Christ. You PJ nut huggers have to come öööö on every thread.

Please get over it. The man retired because his last teams sucked and he didn’t see a path to return to his kick-ass years.

I’m happy for our team this week because they were staring into the abyss of a 0 win season and instead they manned up and got it done. They need to keep that intensity over the season and keep improving.
Got it....CPJ fans (which I'm not really) are sniffers but giving this Schmuck the 3rd degree because he's a lousy coach and better sideline curler is just wrong? Most of those CPJ sniffers were just as critical of him