Lane Kiffin -- back in the SEC

Kiffin divorced Layla. As far as I'm aware, he isn't married anymore so he doesn't have a father-in-law.
I figured he was referring to John Robinson.
I don’t follow what Robinson has to do with Kiffin...? That was a long time ago.

I don’t follow what Robinson has to do with Kiffin...? That was a long time ago.
John Robinson is still very much a player at USC even today. His opinions carry a lot of weight. Since someone in the thread earlier was talking about Kiffin's time at USC, I just assumed the John that was being mentioned later was Robinson but I have no sure idea.

John Robinson is still very much a player at USC even today. His opinions carry a lot of weight. Since someone in the thread earlier was talking about Kiffin's time at USC, I just assumed the John that was being mentioned later was Robinson but I have no sure idea.
Robinson's 84 and currently working for Ed Orgeron at LSU as a "special consultant." Since his second stint at USC was mediocre by their standards (no Top 10 finishes and final two seasons playing .500 ball), I didn't realize he was still important there.

Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful flight
I'm back in the ole SEC
You don't know how lucky you be, boy
Back in the ole SEC, yeah
Been away so long I early knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the ole SEC
You don't know how lucky you be, boy
Back in the SE
Back in the SE
Back in the ole SEC
Well the Knoxville girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Athens girls make me sing and shout
That Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind
Oh, come on
Hu hey hu, hey, ah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I'm back in the ole SEC
You don't know how lucky you be, boys
Back in the ole SEC

Is that Lane’s father in law?
It was, RIP John Reaves - first QB under Spurrier and the Tampa Bay Bandits, best show in town back in the day, and the Bucs owner wouldn't even consider interviewing Steve due to the fact that he thought Steve was lazy as their backup QB in 1976 inaugural season for the Buccaneers. Good move, Culverhouse...

Back