Lane Kiffin's Buyout

If we're going to take the black eye from hiring a guy like Kiffin, just hire Art Briles.

While Art Briles is untouchable, it's only a matter of time before Kendal Briles gets a HC job somewhere. Lane hired Kendal as OC.

While Art Briles is untouchable...
I don't think Art Briles is untouchable. There's enough that's come out since June to muddy the waters over the allegation, which gives cover to hire him. Let him name his successor (Kendal or otherwise) and bring that person on staff with him.

Worst case, he'd be cheap. Very cheap. He'll get at least 3 years, which is long enough to get us past the CPJ, CBG, CPH payouts.

Thank you for posting that. It drives me crazy how people blame Art Briles for the situation there. I've never seen any evidence that Art Briles knew about sexual assault and turned a blind eye to it. If anyone's got any evidence of that, I'd be curious to see it.
Let’s get him!

The folks at UT were very upset he bolted. Nick Saban was happy with his performance. FAU thinks he hung the moon. I don't want him for personal reasons. But evaluated solely on on-field results, I'd be happy to give him a try.

EDIT: And don't forget Kiffin was following a multiple NC-winning coach at USC. Tough shoes for anyone to fill.

I think he was also down scholarships due to Reggie Bush

What I never understood is if Art was covering up such activity why would the school settle and pay him 15mm to leave. Logically that doesn't make sense if he was guilty. I was high on the PJ hire and I think it was the right decision at the time as he had proven success at multiple stops. Everything runs its course and it's time for a fresh start. For me Art would be the direction I would want GT to take as he to has had incredible success at multiple stops in schools that historically struggled. I would love to see Art and Kendal on staff here.

What I never understood is if Art was covering up such activity why would the school settle and pay him 15mm to leave. Logically that doesn't make sense if he was guilty. I was high on the PJ hire and I think it was the right decision at the time as he had proven success at multiple stops. Everything runs its course and it's time for a fresh start. For me Art would be the direction I would want GT to take as he to has had incredible success at multiple stops in schools that historically struggled. I would love to see Art and Kendal on staff here.
In today’s #metoo environment, Briles is just as guilty as anyone, no matter the evidence.

OTOH, we got Ross because MD refused to clear his name in the aftermath of the Len Bias cocaine death.

In today’s #metoo environment, Briles is just as guilty as anyone, no matter the evidence.

OTOH, we got Ross because MD refused to clear his name in the aftermath of the Len Bias cocaine death.

What was the story on that? I remember we got Ross because of the lack of support at Maryland; but Len Bias was basketball, how did that impact Ross?

I'm guessing you would turn Saban down as well? He's only 4 years older then Art who's only a year older then our current coach. Bring Art and his son Kendal and this ship would turn.
That is correct

What was the story on that? I remember we got Ross because of the lack of support at Maryland; but Len Bias was basketball, how did that impact Ross?
In a kneejerk reaction Len's death, MD's trustees, board and executives ordered a comprehensive investigation of the entire athletic department. Ross demanded that they make publicly clear the football team was not under any suspicion. When they refused to do so, Ross resigned.

Homer Rice caught Ross in an airport on his way to accept a job as an NFL assistant and the rest is history.

Back