Lane Kiffin's Buyout

Neither Lame Kitten or Venables would ever come here. Both are happy where they are at and Tech couldn't print enough $ for either of them to consider giving this place a shot. Think on it....if you were either of them, would you ever consider dropping what you currently have to come here? No way in hell.

Tech will have to find an up-and-coming coach from FCS that is looking for his "break" into the biggies....

Most likely it won't be a coach, but, rather a bright assistant. That's my bet...

I wouldn't want CPJ replaced unless it's for somebody that has a better chance of winning here. I wouldn't hate having Briles at all. I have zero interest in Kiffin. He's failed everywhere and embarrassed himself and the schools along the way.

I wouldn't want CPJ replaced unless it's for somebody that has a better chance of winning here. I wouldn't hate having Briles at all. I have zero interest in Kiffin. He's failed everywhere and embarrassed himself and the schools along the way.

Really? Do you remember the reason why Briles isn't coaching anymore? He covered up rapes and sexual assaults and got him and the head of the university fired. Womens' lives were ruined because of him. The Big 12 isn't even paying Baylor revenues from the conference anymore. Baylor had to pay $15m to Briles to make him go away. You'd really take that over Joey Freshwater?

Really? Do you remember the reason why Briles isn't coaching anymore? He covered up rapes and sexual assaults and got him and the head of the university fired. Womens' lives were ruined because of him. The Big 12 isn't even paying Baylor revenues from the conference anymore. Baylor had to pay $15m to Briles to make him go away. You'd really take that over Joey Freshwater?

But....Kiffin is kinda douchey and trolls on twitter sometimes!

Have you read the reports since the firing? The president of the university was fired because it was evident that university administrators unaffiliated with the football program knew about the situation and took no action. By the time the football program was notified, the last woman had already been assaulted. They have the former AD on the record saying that Briles was railroaded in an attempt to save the administration from wider culture issues related to covering up sexual assaults on campus.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...atorial-behavior-nothing-court-filings-allege

Elliott was suspended from the football team 12 days after the sexual assault of Hernandez, the same day Briles learned Waco police were asking for a cheek swab from Elliott and three days before Elliott was even charged.

In contrast, based on Thursday's court filing, reviewed by KWTX-TV in Waco, it appears two top officials in the university's Judicial Affairs office, David Murdock and Bethany McCraw, and Associate Vice President for Student Life Martha Lou Scott became aware of Elliott's assaults as early as Nov. 7, 2011. It also seems that Dr. Reagan Ramsower, then Baylor's chief operating officer, was aware that Elliott was "assaulting young women" as early as the week of Oct. 5, 2011.

It's preposterous that the school would have thought these documents from the Hernandez case weren't relevant to the ongoing Title IX lawsuit brought by the 10 Jane Does.

And it's even more mind-boggling that the administration appears not to have informed the football program of what it knew. This was a campus police department being careful — too careful — in relaying sensitive information. This was an administration that was operating in silos and didn't like to talk about unpleasant truths.

Among the most troubling emails included with the motion is one from May 25, 2012, that indicates the football program didn't know what the administration knew about the football player. In the email, Jim Doak, then the Baylor police chief, tells his boss, Ramsower, that he had met that day with Collin Shillinglaw, director of football operations, regarding the Elliott case.

Last edited:
Quote about Art Briles:

“I saw how [Briles] went from running a wishbone offense to a multiple offense that used the shotgun and different kinds of snaps. When he began running the spread in Stephenville, he really put defenses in a bind. ”
— Larry Moorehead, who was an assistant under Briles for 11 years at Hamlin, Georgetown and Stephenville.

Maybe Art Briles could make productive use of the players we have now and recruit the talent we need to build on.

Have you read the reports since the firing? The president of the university was fired because it was evident that university administrators unaffiliated with the football program knew about the situation and took no action. By the time the football program was notified, the last woman had already been assaulted. They have the former AD on the record saying that Briles was railroaded in an attempt to save the administration from wider culture issues related to covering up sexual assaults on campus.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...atorial-behavior-nothing-court-filings-allege
Thank you for posting that. It drives me crazy how people blame Art Briles for the situation there. I've never seen any evidence that Art Briles knew about sexual assault and turned a blind eye to it. If anyone's got any evidence of that, I'd be curious to see it.

I have zero interest in Kiffin. He's failed everywhere and embarrassed himself and the schools along the way.
The folks at UT were very upset he bolted. Nick Saban was happy with his performance. FAU thinks he hung the moon. I don't want him for personal reasons. But evaluated solely on on-field results, I'd be happy to give him a try.

EDIT: And don't forget Kiffin was following a multiple NC-winning coach at USC. Tough shoes for anyone to fill.

Last edited:
Neither Lame Kitten or Venables would ever come here. Both are happy where they are at and Tech couldn't print enough $ for either of them to consider giving this place a shot. Think on it....if you were either of them, would you ever consider dropping what you currently have to come here? No way in hell.
Venables doesn't have much baggage and makes a ton of money relative to his position, so it would probably take something pretty special to get him to move.

Kiffen, OTOH, makes 1/3 of what CPJ makes, and will never win a NC at his current school. Given how calamitous his fall from grace was, he'd surely be at least interested in moving back into a P5 program in the South, in a weak division.

Venables doesn't have much baggage and makes a ton of money relative to his position, so it would probably take something pretty special to get him to move.

Kiffen, OTOH, makes 1/3 of what CPJ makes, and will never win a NC at his current school. Given how calamitous his fall from grace was, he'd surely be at least interested in moving back into a P5 program in the South, in a weak division.
tyson.jpg

Thanks for sharing - goes to show you how powerful a media narrative is

Thank you for posting that. It drives me crazy how people blame Art Briles for the situation there. I've never seen any evidence that Art Briles knew about sexual assault and turned a blind eye to it. If anyone's got any evidence of that, I'd be curious to see it.
Hugh Freeze or Houston Nutt? There are plenty of candidates to choose from.

Back