"Lee Responds to Rumors"

6' 2''

Is that a good height for a quarterback?

I like the fact that he has height and still can run like he does. Looks shifty and fast on film (I don't think I would call Nesbitt either of these). Height can only help with passing. As long as he can pack on enough mass to take the beating he will be taking, I'd say height is a pretty good thing.

Wasn't Joe Hamilton like 5'9?

Cam Newton is 6'6. It just shows that it doesn't really matter how tall you are - at least not in terms of college success.

6' 2''

Is that a good height for a quarterback?

Usually being 6'3"+ is a big advantage with seeing over the line. For Tech I don't think it's such a big deal with smaller linemen and bigger splits, but being 6'2" instead of 6' flat may help in seeing what's downfield when deciding to pitch or keep. And the bigger he is, the more hits he can deliver on piss-ant little linebackers.

Wasn't Joe Hamilton like 5'9?

Cam Newton is 6'6. It just shows that it doesn't really matter how tall you are - at least not in terms of college success.
I saw Joe in the hotel bar before the FSU game in 1999, and I'd be shocked if he was that tall. Dude was tiny.

Reg Ball was no more than 5'9" or 5'10". But a gigantic ass in the personality department.

I saw Joe in the hotel bar before the FSU game in 1999, and I'd be shocked if he was that tall. Dude was tiny.

I would say Joe was around 5'8", I used to pass him on campus and remember being amazed he survived and thrived running the ball considering his stature.

Back