Let's talk about the crowd

Need to put all visiting bands up there. Sometimes the opposing bands have made a difference in momentum.

Need to put all visiting bands up there. Sometimes the opposing bands have made a difference in momentum.

Like I said in the other thread, we do that then we're going to get worse treatment for our band/fans on the road. You get what you give in this regard.

I really did not expect us to have a crowd that engaged, that excited, that LOUD after a 2-5 start. Really incredible to see all the fans stick with the team and get BDS whited out and rockin!

probably the key to win

Can we talk about game production? A Jennifer Lopez song played before a 3rd down on defense....

Can we talk about game production? A Jennifer Lopez song played before a 3rd down on defense....

cfec9c18d63d0d1d6c07d088cf31cce8.jpg

Or following up the intro video with a jock jams volume one mash up

Fsu fans were decent but we had to tell them to öööö themselves when their band decided to start playing towards the end of the Budweiser song.

Music selection is garbage. Latin disco öööö in a time out before a huge defensive 3rd down. Turn Down For What when we're coming out on offense. Terrible.

Liked having the Marching Chefs up top - probably a factor of homecoming (no time for them to march so they didn't need to be down low) and wanting to sell more of the high dollar seats to FSU people down low.

FSU fan dropped a metal mug out of the upper deck that would have brained my friend in club seats if he'd been in his seat. Guy eventually came down and got his mug. WTF?

Near fight in front of me. Middle aged FSU guy 3 rows in front of me had an air horn. Tried to set it off on first 2 FGs but it malfunctioned. Worked the third time, and afterwards, my jovial drunk friend went down and told him if he used it again, he'd call security and get him thrown out. A minute later, the guy came back looking to fight but two Tech guys turned him back. Security chick came over and took his air horn and sent him back to his seat. Then a bunch of club seaters saw what was going on and started agitating for him to be thrown out. One guy was ready to come over the rail. FSU guy started yelling back and them and talking about how we were losing and stuff, and eventually got his own ass thrown out. None of the other FSU people in the vicinity helped him out - they were almost totally inoffensive and a few even congratulated us afterwards. Just one bad apple (and who brings an air horn anyway?), but most were cool. Loved the near riot in the club seats, though.

JRjr

For those mentioning the band, on reddit, someone said it was the FSU athletic director that decided to put the band there and allow FSU donor/season ticket holders the good seats.

For those mentioning the band, on reddit, someone said it was the FSU athletic director that decided to put the band there and allow FSU donor/season ticket holders the good seats.

I bet those ticket holders would have rather sat up high and had a band to impact the game.

Music selection is garbage. Latin disco öööö in a time out before a huge defensive 3rd down. Turn Down For What when we're coming out on offense. Terrible.

My group has talked about this the last few games. It's like the guy running the audio is trying to prevent the crowd/team from getting hyped in the 2nd half. I wish they'd just tone down the piped in stuff and let the band play. If they're going to play something over the PA, get crunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My group has talked about this the last few games. It's like the guy running the audio is trying to prevent the crowd/team from getting hyped in the 2nd half. I wish they'd just tone down the piped in stuff and let the band play. If they're going to play something over the PA, get crunk.

What it sounds like is that the guy in charge of it is allowed too much creative control and plays whatever crap he listens to on his way home from work. When you start delving into the types of music some people actually use to motivate themselves you find yourself listening to strange things.

Players should have control over what music is played in those situations.

Players should have control over what music is played in those situations.

Not sure you want kids listening to that. Really all it takes is a professional and would be worth the expense. The pro teams all do it. They had an actual DJ at the Orange Bowl because they were varying tempo and beats as each kickoff got closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they eventually played "Put On" and "Knuck If You Buck", but only briefly and when the band had already got the crowd fired up. Just bizarre music selections. Person in charge should be let go.

Not sure you want kids listening to that. Really all it takes is a professional and would be worth the expense. The pro teams all do it. They had an actual DJ at the Orange Bowl because they were varying tempo and beats as each kickoff got closer.

The pro guys can be even worse. Can't count how many games I've been to where the crowd starts getting into it and then the PA starts blaring loud music and drowns them out. I guess they probably feel like they need to do it to justify their jobs, but it's really frustrating.

As someone else mentioned, all you really need is the band if you want people to get loud. I do think that piped in music has its place and can be good once in a while, but I would definitely prefer to hear more band music overall.

I really did not expect us to have a crowd that engaged, that excited, that LOUD after a 2-5 start. Really incredible to see all the fans stick with the team and get BDS whited out and rockin!

It had all the makings of a rockin' night ...great weather, at night at Grant Field, homecoming, somewhat of a nemesis as the visiting team.

All I would change is getting the students in their seats in time for the team to take the field. In my time, we had to send freshmen to defend our block from encroachers an hour in advance, and we were filled in 30 min before kickoff. These students don't fill out their sections until halfway into the 2nd quarter.

The tickets are free. It's Saturday. What are they doing?

The students (and young alumni) are getting drunk. Because GT doesn't allow alcohol in the stadium and getting alcohol through the gates isn't guaranteed, students drink as much as possible and show up as late as possible to hold the buzz.

The responsible thing for the administration to do is serve alcohol in the stadium. Some students will still drink before to avoid the cost, but many will show up earlier and use the alcohol at the game if their buzz wears off.

Back