Let's talk about the crowd

The students (and young alumni) are getting drunk. Because GT doesn't allow alcohol in the stadium and getting alcohol through the gates isn't guaranteed, students drink as much as possible and show up as late as possible to hold the buzz.

The responsible thing for the administration to do is serve alcohol in the stadium. Some students will still drink before to avoid the cost, but many will show up earlier and use the alcohol at the game if their buzz wears off.

Most of the students are under 21, no?

I think the hype video they play right before the team comes out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game stinks. No build up. Everyone watches wondering "is it over? is it time for the team?" Last year's was great, I hate this one.

I think the hype video they play right before the team comes out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game stinks. No build up. Everyone watches wondering "is it over? is it time for the team?" Last year's was great, I hate this one.

I doubt there's a single person in the stands who makes a decision based on that.

Yep, was describing this to an out of town friend who hasn't been to a game this year last night. The history video used to be great, although yes, we'd been using for a long time. The new one is just noise - there's no flow to it, no context for the clips, and you can't really tell what you're watching or what's happening.

JRjr

The GTAA had nothing do to with putting the FSU band in the corner of the Upper North... FSU made that decision, out of their official ticket allocation.

The fact that it was homecoming and we weren't going to let the opposing team's band play at the halftime break because of time limitations, probably played in to it.

Was the air horn FSU guy in section 127 (Lower East), right next to the Club seats??

Yep, was describing this to an out of town friend who hasn't been to a game this year last night. The history video used to be great, although yes, we'd been using for a long time. The new one is just noise - there's no flow to it, no context for the clips, and you can't really tell what you're watching or what's happening.

JRjr

I don't hate the new one (it's a cool video, just maybe not to welcome the team on the field), but I agree the old one was better. That being said, I'm ecstatic we seem to be done with Zombie Nation. It had a good run, but it was past time to put it out to pasture.

But yeah, so as not to be a total debbie downer on a ridiculously awesome game experience: this past Saturday night was a ridiculously awesome game experience.

Back