Lifting weights on the Sideline

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
Ok, so I’ve done some coaching at the high school level in the last few years(lacrosse and cross country so it doesn’t translate as much), but isn’t lifting weights before a game a sure way to get lactic acid in your muscles and create slight tears which hinders movement and use?
brah how do you not know why they do this

let The Oak explain

Last edited:

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
brah how do you not know why they do this

the The Oak explain

While I agree with Arnold a pump is not good before a game. As mentioned by some other posters it looks like they are warming up with relatively lighter weight.

User 10337

The weights they are lifting look like crossfit weights. The size is irrevelevant. All the ones I've seen on TV on our sidelines are green which is 15 lbs I think.
They're Olympic weights and sometimes called bumper plates. You do explosive lifts with them and can be safely dropped.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so I’ve done some coaching at the high school level in the last few years(lacrosse and cross country so it doesn’t translate as much), but isn’t lifting weights before a game a sure way to get lactic acid in your muscles and create slight tears which hinders movement and use?
I played HS in the late 1980s and was a pretty poor player in North Georgia. We lifted heavy in the off season, some during the season, but never less than 72 hrs before a game. Stretching and running yes. But not remotely heavy resistance weights. Maybe that’s why I was a poor player lol.

Last edited: