Looks like insult to the dawgs they couldn't get

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Looks like insult to the dawgs they couldn\'t get

10-2 USC in Sugar Bowl and have to settle for 9-4 FSU...

Kinda looks like powers that be thought Iowa vs USC was a better matchup... Hard to explain with the dawgs playing as well as they have lately...

Re: Looks like insult to the dawgs they couldn\'t get

I can see it Ramblinwise. FSU might not bring a ton of fans to Miami other than those already in the area. Orange Bowl made the right choice, IMO.

Network TV will be able to play up the teacher vs. student angle in the Sugar Bowl. Some say UGA has nothing to gain by playing FSU this year, and they would be right looking at it from the national ranking perspective.

But, IF UGA can beat FSU, it might help recruiting regionally. Hopefully recruits would see the game as a passing of the mantle. It's a big IF, and I am disappointed not to be playing USC, but maybe it'll all work out.

The Bowls and TV probably figured a Teacher/Student matchup would sell tickets and advertising.

Ugag's arrogance is showing again.

FSU stomped a mudhole in the gaytors....the very team that put the 1 in the 12-1.

Dawgies, take the crimiNOLES lightly at your own peril.

ACC champs over the SEC champs in the Sugar Bowl. You heard it right here first. Bobby Bowden is not Chan Gailey.

Originally posted by beeware:
Ugag's arrogance is showing again.

Bobby Bowden is not Chan Gailey.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And you are not a Tech fan.....

Good grief jacketguy. That was uncalled for. Beeware has demonstrated he is a Tech fan. Just because he doesn't blindly agree with everything the GTAA says and does makes him no less a Tech fan than those of you that do.

The jury is out on Gailey. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if he stepped down. Does that make me less of a Tech fan?

As for the Sugar Bowl... I think FSU has a really good shot at winning this. I think the match-up is even. The SEC is very weak this year.

Dave The Dawg, you have a very good point about the recruiting edge if UGA bears FSU. Since FSU has been sagging lately and UGA has been on the upswing with Richt, it could give UGA a few more recruits from that area.

drinking.gif

A good example of the recruiting battle being waged right now between F$U and UGA is over Ernie Sims, the #1 prospect in the country who is from Tallahasee. He visited UGA during the Georgia vs Georgia Tech game and said he really was impressed with Georgia. He liked our Vet school and said he could get a "great education at UGA".

Two months ago he was a lock to F$U. They may still get Sims, but the fact we can get a star in F$U's backyard to seriously consider UGA is a coupe.

I believe this matchup is good! FSU DOES have the talent to beat Georgia. If they play like they did against Miami and Florda ... the games is their's.

Also, I know their fans can definitely counterbalance the arrogant, talk trash Ugag fans and that Nole warchant will definitely outduel, "Glory to the cesspool of the South."

Never been a Nole fan before but will be this time and it's the ACC vs SEC!! Nuff said!

From top to bottom I think FSU has better talent than UGA, but Greene is so far ahead of Rix at QB
that I don't think FSU can overcome this disadvantage. I hope I'm wrong.

Big Buck, I agree. I think Green is one of the most underrated QB's in the country. He reminds me a lot of Godsey. Not a great talent but a great QB mind – will make the play happen one way or another.

just let the dawgies keep running down fsu, they will come with the a games as they did with mia and whip ugags butt.

"Looks like insult to the dawgs they couldn't get 10-2 USC in Sugar Bowl and have to settle for 9-4 FSU..."

How do you figure? The O Bowl had first choice and chose IA. The Rose went next and chose OK. The O went again and chose SC. End of story for the Sugar and not UGA since we have ZERO say in who we'll play.

As for FSU, it will depend on which team shows up, the one that should have beat UM or the one that should have lost to your boys. As for the fans, it doesn't really matter whether we "overlook" FSU or not but what the team thinks. To that end, this team has been VERY good at neither underestimating nor over looking teams, as your boys found out a couple of weeks back. I also think it's a reasonable assumption that they know how important this game will be to Coach R and it will "finish the drill".
Bottom line, Coach R is a guy that I'm VERY happy to have and I'm glad we were unable to get "your" alternative.

HBTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who is the "alternative" when Coach R leaves for greener pastures?

Can't say as I'm too worried about that just now.

On top of that, don't know that's there's to many "greener pastures" out there. Awesome facilities, HUGE stadium that just continues to get bigger, dominating the fertile in state recruiting, SEC Champions, WHIPPED our in state rival. Should I continue?

HBTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the difference between UGA and F$U is going to be in the trenches. Our defensive line is on fire and will cause a lot of problems for Rix and the Noles. If our OL can get Musa to post 100+ yards it will be a long afternoon for Bowden's crew.

I think it will be a good game, but I think we are the better team from top to bottom. SC would have been a much better test for us. The thought of Palmer vs Pollack would have been a match-up made in football heaven.

This game is a no win situation for UGA. They are expected to blow out FSU. If they don't, they are humiliated. If they do, it's no big deal. Bad, bad bowl game for UGA. Having said that, I think UGA will win this by 2 or 3 TD's. But you never know... FSU picked it up at the end against UF

HBTD...

Lol the typical delusional pup fan. If FSU, Bama, Nebraska, Texas, or any of the other "greener pastures" came a calling on Richt he would pull a Franchione on the pup nation.

The SEC was down this year. That is fact. THE SEC's ooc record was pathetic against the BCS conferences. Arkansas played the weakest schedule in all of the SEC and backed into the SECCG. UT, USC, UF, Auburn, & LSU were all down. UGAg just happened to peak at the right time and with lots of luck won the SEC. I am sure UT is digging up as much dirt on you guys as they can (since that is what they like to do when they can't beat teams on the field). The Means stuff isn't finished yet so get ready for some hard times at the Cesspool.

GO SEMINOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take off the 51-7 glasses my man. I know you're still upset about that game but lets talk reality.

TX? - Why go where he has ZERO connections?
NE? - See the above comment.
Bama?!?! - They're on probation. From what the talking heads say, there may be even harsher penalties coming, which is supposedly why the nutless wonder left for A&M.
FSU - I don't think Bowden is going anywhere, anytime soon, and even if he did I doubt MR would leave. He coached there but it's not his alma mater and he's got a better scenario here. Only one in state school to recruit against and as I said above, we pretty much rule said state in recruiting for all of the obvious reasons.

I know you're a little worried about what transpiring up the Athens/Atl Hwy but you shouldn't let it show, quite so much.

HBTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm! Seems like I read somewhere, "pride goeth before the fall".

wink.gif

Back