Losing 10 players......

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I know we had 7 turnovers in the SVC last year against Fresno State. But they didn't play that bad against us. They scored and took advantage of our turnovers. Now, I know I'm probably being too optimistic in saying this, but sometimes that can bring a team closer to play with better chemistry. Am I saying that losing Tony Hollings, Tony Hargrove, Sampson, et al is good for our football team? No. All I'm saying is with those guys gone, it could motivate the team to play that much harder and concentrate on academics more to maintain eligibility. I'm just trying to look at this thing with a positive twist.

How dare you! That is anathema. What do you mean, "looking at things in a positive nature"?

Don't you have something better to do than post this type of stuff here?

Gee, the posters we get on this board!

grin.gif

Originally posted by gtfan1147:
I know we had 7 turnovers in the SVC last year against Fresno State. But they didn't play that bad against us. They scored and took advantage of our turnovers. Now, I know I'm probably being too optimistic in saying this, but sometimes that can bring a team closer to play with better chemistry. Am I saying that losing Tony Hollings, Tony Hargrove, Sampson, et al is good for our football team? No. All I'm saying is with those guys gone, it could motivate the team to play that much harder and concentrate on academics more to maintain eligibility. I'm just trying to look at this thing with a positive twist.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Attitude is everything to me, and I like yours. As I've heard from one GT football parent, this could really help the chemistry of our team. We should never underestimate the guys that are currently on our team. We can line up and win. That's the goal!

Takes great individual effort and special athletic ability, but it takes a "TEAM" to win. I really believe that.

You not only think you can win, but you truly beelieve it. ATTITUDE! Bee not only physically and mentally tough, but trusting in each other performing as a team makes champions.

Go Jackets!

That's right GTT! IF we can ALL believe in our players and our coaches, who KNOWS what they can accomplish this season?? If our players have faith in each other, they can play well as a team and compete VERY well.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
How dare you! That is anathema. What do you mean, "looking at things in a positive nature"?

Don't you have something better to do than post this type of stuff here?

Gee, the posters we get on this board!

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dang, I should have focused my thoughts on something negative. Might have gotten better results. ;-)

Sigh, I'm going to work on not being positive. That way I might feel better.
tongue.gif

blue.gif

Ahso, if we, the fans, don't believe in our team, how are they going to believe in themselves. You contemplate that and get back to me.

This is one of the best threads I have seen on this board in months...

I am disappointed in the fact that we have had academic casualties.. disappointed in the fact that it seems that our administrative leadership was asleep at the wheel... but, we have alot of good players on our team.. some are going to have to step up sooner rather than later... I am looking forward to this season... we have a chance to be very bad... but we also have a chance to shock some people and be very good... I am hanging my hat and hopes on the latter

If your response is that you are maintaining a positive attitude towards the upcoming season, then that's great.. If your post is a dig at those who don't share your opinion... then all you are expressing is phoniness & using the football team as a means of advancing a personal agenda...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
... all you are expressing is phoniness & using the football team as a means of advancing a personal agenda...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Looking in the mirror, BeeBad?

belly.. when I look in the mirror it is with clear 20/20 vision.. It is not thru gold-colored glasses, while riding on a cotton candy cloud, sipping magical kool-aid out of a gold & black-striped mug...

Its gonna be a difficult year..

BeeBad, I know this is a minor point - but GTs colors are Gold and White (unless your reference to a "gold & black striped mug" was somehow a tip to Wake Forest).

I know it is minor - but I must say you sort of are a lightning rod around here
wink.gif
- when you indicate thru your posts that you aren't fully cognizant of the last GT recruiting class (your confusion around Nick Moore), and you sort of "miss" on the school colors, you lose a bit on the "credibility meter", IMO.

Not that it really matters - your opinion is as valid as mine, which is as valid as the next guys.

I would assume that you care as much about GT athletics as I do, and while those points mentioned above are minor and trivial, when one takes such a vocal position as yourself, better to "be like Ceasar's wife" - beyond reproach.
wink.gif

All one idiots opinion, of course.

LOL Tiar... good post..

Yeah.. I don't know all the little details about Tech, the players, the recruits, etc.. Memory also ain't what it used to be... However, I DO know enough to not call timeout when my opponent has the ball inside my 5 yardline with no timeouts, 20 seconds left in the half & their kicking team on the field.. Learned that playin' Bill Walsh College Football on Sega Genesis 10 years ago..

smile.gif

Beebad,

So you're saying you had no faith in the defense? Supposedly, the defense was the strength of our team. Some people would say if we can't hold them out from 5 yards away on one play, we deserve to give up 7 points.

You were willing to give them 3 points without a fight.

First of all, how did ANYONE know that Bowden was going to change his mind? He took just as big a risk as Chan did. No one is calling him stupid - because his play succeeded. And look at the play! We had all kinds of pressure on Simmons. He was running for his life to his left and had to throw across his body. It was a pathetically weak throw - more like a shot put. It was about 10-20% skill and 80-90% luck on their part - but give them credit - they got the job done and got the score.

Sure, any Bozo can say the play was stupid AFTER it didn't work out. Personally, I think he merely took a gamble, BASED ON A TEAM STRENGTH, and it didn't work out.

I realize no else agrees with me or at least hasn't had the cajones to say it. Fine.

I have to agree with Beebad on this one - me and the other 4 idiots I was with getting drenched in the upper atmosphere of Clemson, SC all felt the same way when Chan called the timeout.

It was the wrong move - period - esp. against a Clemson team who has very little faith in their kicking game, as they have had under Bowden forever.

Time was running down on the play clock as well, and the Clemson STs were hustling to get on the field.

It was an easy call real-time, not hindsight, up in the stands. We all said as soon as we called it that Bowden would now go for the TD, and would probably put Willie Simmons in motion to give a play time to develop.

What is even more absurd than calling the timeout, is that after the game Chan said that we wanted to have some time left on the clock to run an offensive set, thats why we called it. We promptly downed the ball when the O went back out after the KO.

I have said all along that the staffs game plan and decisions against Clemson were the worst all year - that sequence of plays was second only to TH not seeing the ball until the 3rd offensive possesion - he then took the handoff and ran perhaps the most amazing 70+ yds I have seen from a GT tailback for a score. He then didn't touch the ball until 2 offensive series later.

No question in my mind - Clemson was the low point as far as I was concerned regarding the coaching staff. People talk about Wake - IMO Wake was much more an execution loss than a staff loss.

I am happy to say that the staff planning and decision making got much better as the year went on - we had a great gameplan and outcoached NC State, UVA, and F$U.

If I am going to rip the staff for their mistakes (and in my mind, Clemson was the biggest), I'm gonna point out when I felt they did well also.

All one idiots opinion, of course.

GetWrecked, here is one that does. Thanks for the good work.

I think it is time all on this board realize that BeeBad is a plant. He is no more a Tech fan than Hershal Walker. Thank you Tier B and others for shredding his pretense and exposing him for the sneak, gutless irritant that he is. I say gutless because he will not even identify where he is from. I am always suspicious of someone who either is ashamed or afraid to say where they are from. I am so sorry that some Tech fans have saddled up with him. No doubt he laughs every night at those who have become his disciples.
BeeBad, you and your ilk should go to the hole from whence you came. You will not be missed by true Georgia Tech fans.

BellySeries, isn't it the truth?

I'll just classify him in my mind as one of the younger ones that do not know any better.

Gtfan1147, as Richard Nixon would say, "let me make this perfectly clear", I liked your post.

No, I guess that does not compute either, GTfan1147 probably does not remember Nixon either. Oh well, some days, you just can't communicate with others, or something like that.

wink.gif

Oh yeah techsamillion.. I forgot that Nick Moore double-switched his commit & became a Jacket.. that surely means I'm not a Tech fan... Where do these people with this kind of logic come from, anyways? Seriously... where?

BeeBad, you asked,

".....Where do these people with this kind of logic come from, anyways? Seriously... where?"

I ask, "where do you come from?"

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Oh yeah techsamillion.. I forgot that Nick Moore double-switched his commit & became a Jacket.. that surely means I'm not a Tech fan... Where do these people with this kind of logic come from, anyways? Seriously... where?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Same place your logic came from maybe?

Are you having a bad day beebad? Have you ever had a good one?
wink.gif

Back