Lots of empty seats

Announced crowd was 46,599. For a game in 95 degree heat that was incredibly hot in the stadium after we lost the opening game to Clemson so badly, I was surprised at how well the game was attended.

Club section looked better than normal in the first half. Where we sit in lower west was crowded, more-so than normal for an early season game.

Announced crowd was 46,599. For a game in 95 degree heat that was incredibly hot in the stadium after we lost the opening game to Clemson so badly, I was surprised at how well the game was attended.

GT fans will find any little excuse for attendance. I’m so glad Collins is focusing on branding, so as to attract more non-alum “sidewalk” fans. That’s what we will have to have going forward.

0D4E13D6-B757-4FFB-98A7-5657EF83CB55.jpeg
Upper West concourse, 2nd quarter. Long string of nerds sitting down with their faces fully engaged with their phones. Maybe they were watching on the ESPN app?
Same in the north. After halftime I believe there were more people in the concourse than in the stands. It was actually bearable back there. It was a scorcher in the stands. Saw a couple different people have to get tended to by EMT's.

Same in the north. After halftime I believe there were more people in the concourse than in the stands. It was actually bearable back there. It was a scorcher in the stands. Saw a couple different people have to get tended to by EMT's.
Were the EMT's hotties? Planning for Saturday

I know # of tickets sold /= number in attendance, but my guess for actual number in attendance would be in the mid 30s at best. The North and South endzones were really empty.

Not unless you're into chubby mid 40's white guys. So in your case, yes.
You had me until you said guys. The sweat between a chubby girl's boobs Saturday will flow like a mountain river in the valley

I know # of tickets sold /= number in attendance, but my guess for actual number in attendance would be in the mid 30s at best. The North and South endzones were really empty.
Were you at the game or judging from the TV? I watched the replay on TV and it does look bad but being at the game, I'd be willing to bet that at most any given time, there was somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the crowd back in the concourse in the shade.

Were you at the game or judging from the TV? I watched the replay on TV and it does look bad but being at the game, I'd be willing to bet that at most any given time, there was somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the crowd back in the concourse in the shade.

At the game but in the southwest endzone corner, so it was difficult to tell how full the west/upper west was. The rest of the stadium didn't look super full. It was hot as hell though.

I'd say you could add another 7-10k had we kicked off at 6. Some folks around us with kids left just after half

The heat was brutal and I don't blame anyone for leaving if they felt like the heat was getting to them. Personal safety should always come first...especially with young kids involved.

And yeah, I don't know what the actual number was but I'd also guess mid- to upper-30K range. I know the 2 seats on our right were empty, as were a few on the row in front of us. And those to which I'm referring are seats with Stinger seats on them so I know those seats are spoken for....those people just didn't come.

For what it is worth there were complaints about attendance at Alabama this weekend too that they were discussing on the radio here this morning (3:00 start vs New Mexico State). Mostly it was complaints about sitting in the heat/sun.

Back