Louisville -10.5

To me the question is how good is their quarterback. We got destroyed by a great QB who played amazingly last week because our defense is weak. On paper Louisville's new QB looks good not great. Which means he'll be great against us. I think we can win but will need to be efficient on offense to keep pace. We can't have Haynes being blown up for a 6 yard loss on the first play.

To me the question is how good is their quarterback. We got destroyed by a great QB who played amazingly last week because our defense is weak. On paper Louisville's new QB looks good not great. Which means he'll be great against us. I think we can win but will need to be efficient on offense to keep pace. We can't have Haynes being blown up for a 6 yard loss on the first play.
Shough was a very high 4* when he signed with Oregon in the 2018 class. Pretty injury plagued career between Oregon 2019-2020 and Texas Tech 2021-2023. Only completed 1 season (2020 limited COVID schedule) for his college career, and came in 2022 after an injury to TT’s starter Smith late in the year vs Kansas. Injured early in 2023 as the starter at TT, and now at UofL.

So to your point, no one knows really how good Shough will be this year at UofL once the competition ramps up starting this week. My concern is the lack of pressure we’ve seen from the front 7 on D since the win against FSU. If GT sits back on D and can’t get any pressure, this could look like Syracuse again. UofL has a lot more skilled position players at RB, WR vs what Syracuse has.

Shough was a very high 4* when he signed with Oregon in the 2018 class. Pretty injury plagued career between Oregon 2019-2020 and Texas Tech 2021-2023. Only completed 1 season (2020 limited COVID schedule) for his college career, and came in 2022 after an injury to TT’s starter Smith late in the year vs Kansas. Injured early in 2023 as the starter at TT, and now at UofL.

So to your point, no one knows really how good Shough will be this year at UofL once the competition ramps up starting this week. My concern is the lack of pressure we’ve seen from the front 7 on D since the win against FSU. If GT sits back on D and can’t get any pressure, this could look like Syracuse again. UofL has a lot more skilled position players at RB, WR vs what Syracuse has.
So what you're saying is our D gets 3.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 strip fumble, and another blocked punt?

So what you're saying is our D gets 3.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 strip fumble, and another blocked punt?
No. My concern is the GT D won’t be able to get enough stops on 3rd and medium-long. Syracuse converted just about everything when it mattered. ST’s made great plays against Cuse’ with the blocked FG, punt to give the O a chance to get it going in the 1st half.

On O, something feels off with the running game at the moment. Hopefully the kinks are worked out this week.

No. My concern is the GT D won’t be able to get enough stops on 3rd and medium-long. Syracuse converted just about everything when it mattered. ST’s made great plays against Cuse’ with the blocked FG, punt to give the O a chance to get it going in the 1st half.

On O, something feels off with the running game at the moment. Hopefully the kinks are worked out this week.
So what you're saying is 213 yards rushing and another 182yds passing?

So what you're saying is 213 yards rushing and another 182yds passing?
I’ll take GT rushing for 213 and throwing for 182, if that means GT is controlling the clock and keeping the UofL O on the sidelines. More so like the FSU game, controlling the game when it mattered. GT needs to control the TOP. Syracuse was 36:52 to GT 23:08. Needs to be closer to GT 31-33 TOP to UofL 29-27.

Back