Louisville @ GT Prediction Thread

I have no problem with VT, but BC, Syracuse, and Pitt (and Louisville and Miami) definitely do not belong. And don't get me started on the arrangement with the Farting Irish who belong in the BIG fourTEeN. The ACC should trade FSU to the SEC for South Carolina, jettison Louisville, Miami, BC, Syracuse and Pitt, bring back Maryland somehow, and add East Carolina and either UNC Charlotte or App State for an even dozen. That would be a perfect ACC.

Oh, and a wishful prediction . . .

Wasps 31

Dirty Birds 27
I actually think BC is a good fit, completely neutral on Syracuse and Pitt as I've never interacted in any way with those schools and fanbases. I think ECU is Louisville-lite and App State a less chokey kind of hokey with all the same STDs. Vandy would be a good fit culturally, but they suck at football.

13-10 good guys.

Not, I’m not predicting 2 field goals. I’m predicting a blocked PAT.

GT goes run heavy and shortens the game.

I want to see some execution. Bye week was at a very opportune time.
In 1975, Coach John McKay was asked by the press about the execution of his Tampa Bay offense and he replied "I'm all for it".

Still funny 45 years later...

at least to me.

In 1975, Coach John McKay was asked by the press about the execution of his Tampa Bay offense and he replied "I'm all for it".

at least to me.
Seen that. There's also video of McKay yelling at some Bucs player on the sideline and threatening to trade him from Tampa Bay to Green Bay (at a time when the Packers were bad - and Green Bay was still cold as hell). He was quite a character.

at least to me.
The Bucs were screwed in the league expansion, and lost their first 26 games. They finally won one against New Orleans and it got Hank Stram fired. Going forward, the NFL and other leagues made the expansion teams a bit more competitive from day one.

45-21 Tech. Mostly healthy for the first time all year, our DL blows up their suspect OL. Sims limits turnovers after settling down over the bye week. We (finally) get a few bounces and calls.

We blow them out at home and hype ourselves up way too much as a result.

See the source image

Cardinals 27
Yellow Jackets 28

Louisville by a touchdown but this is a team that is sloppy with open field tackling judging by what I saw with their games against Miami and Pitt. They played better against Pitt but Tech can win this game by running the football and taking the pressure off of Sims. Limiting possessions for them will be critical. They can score in a hurry. Give up scores in a hurry too.

45-21 Tech. Mostly healthy for the first time all year, our DL blows up their suspect OL. Sims limits turnovers after settling down over the bye week. We (finally) get a few bounces and calls.

We blow them out at home and hype ourselves up way too much as a result.

That is true about the offensive line. Louisville is blessed with a somewhat streaky but talented quarterback in Cunningham, two good running backs though smallish and a bevy of good to very good receivers but the line is suspect. Cunningham was sacked 7 times against Pitt and was so roughed up he did not practice for several days. Can we get pressure on him? Like a lot of quarterbacks, given time he can be poison but is understandably gun shy after the beating he has taken so far this year.

How did you fare in Calculus 101 (which Im sure they call something else these days)?
Maybe I didn't get what you meant by win by a FG. Maybe you didn't mean an ACTUAL FG. Just 3 points. In which case . . . that was funny. Our kicking has been woeful, huh? I get jokes. Sometimes. :inout:

Moar of the same. Young talent makes the game seem competitive, but it really isnt. Still too many mistake. At least 3 TO's on our part and kicking woes continue. Bye week brings some early confidence but it's gone by mid 2nd quarter.

Red birds 36
Bees 15

Until we get Mason,Swilling,Ryans back AND a kicker,we will struggle to win.

Back