LSU - UNC Gamethread

ESPN's front page declares:

"Patrick Peterson and LSU started strong then had to hold off a fiesty UNC squad."

That feisty little ACC, nibbling at the SEC's heels again.
Clearly LSU was the best team on Carolina's schedule. This one game was the chance to make their season. Now it's back to reality for the lil upstarts, meaning they will probably get drummed by Idle next weekend.

ok so is UNC going to be without the 12 again when they play us?

They will be without the 7 declared ineligible, that much is certain. As for the other 5, they might be there they might not. Depends on what the NCAA decides or if they actually decide anything in time.

ESPN's front page declares:

"Patrick Peterson and LSU started strong then had to hold off a fiesty UNC squad."

That feisty little ACC, nibbling at the SEC's heels again.

Easy way to fix that--win a damn OOC game. A big one, not MSU or Vandy. VT better step up tomorrow night.

I laughed when ESPN gives a 19 game win streak against the ACC stat. Is that the best they could come up with?

Easy way to fix that--win a damn OOC game. A big one, not MSU or Vandy. VT better step up tomorrow night.

:laugher: It wouldn't matter if VPI destroyed Boise and we curbstomped Georgia so badly that they fired Mark Richt before Miami, VPI, UNC and our Jackets all crushed SEC opponents in their bowl games - they'd keep doing the same thing.

The point is that they pretend that the SEC is this monster that the ACC could never compare with, and that destroys us whenever we meet when that simply isn't true.

I don't believe that they'd change their tune on the two conferences because the ACC beat the SEC a few times. Unless our conference dominated them for years and years, which really doesn't seem realistic.

:laugher: It wouldn't matter if VPI destroyed Boise and we curbstomped Georgia so badly that they fired Mark Richt before Miami, VPI, UNC and our Jackets all crushed SEC opponents in their bowl games - they'd keep doing the same thing.

The point is that they pretend that the SEC is this monster that the ACC could never compare with, and that destroys us whenever we meet when that simply isn't true.

I don't believe that they'd change their tune on the two conferences because the ACC beat the SEC a few times. Unless our conference dominated them for years and years, which really doesn't seem realistic.

You know, you very well could be right. Unfortunately, we don't know and it looks like we won't know again this season because the ACC always always chokes in the big games.

I'd say it's worth a try to see what happens if we actually win though. UNC almost had it and that would've really been a big boon I think. Especially given that ESPN did just sign a big new TV deal with us.

You know, you very well could be right. Unfortunately, we don't know and it looks like we won't know again this season because the ACC always always chokes in the big games.

I'd say it's worth a try to see what happens if we actually win though. UNC almost had it and that would've really been a big boon I think. Especially given that ESPN did just sign a big new TV deal with us.

I agree but I couldn't call UNC's loss a choke. The attention should be on the fact that the North Carolina scout team came within one play of beating LSU from the mighty SEC.

Back