Marcus Marshall??

I think the real issue is that Marcus has performed great the last two years when given the chance. It seems his blocking has not been up to CPJ's standards at times and last year a couple of fumbles were critiqued by CPJ and led to diminished playing time. I believe the problem is that Marcus may have felt a bit in CPJ's doghouse and that he was maybe treated a little more harshly when it come to getting playing time than others. I know this, he is the B-back we have who can use his speed to hit on a big play. Surely the coaches have come to appreciate his value to the team now and will be able to talk with him about completing his career at Tech. His loss would be great.

in the end PJ will play the guy that gives the best chance of winning... sometimes even when you have clear talent (MM's speed) a deficiency in this scheme can be fatal (inability to block).

When you look at MJ's victory over VT are you confident that a healthy JT would have won that game? When playing the powerhouses we need to be able to run the "midline" (QB follow)

I may disagree with some of PJ's calls sometimes, however his assessment of "who to play" is not going to be challenged.

in the end PJ will play the guy that gives the best chance of winning... sometimes even when you have clear talent (MM's speed) a deficiency in this scheme can be fatal (inability to block).

When you look at MJ's victory over VT are you confident that a healthy JT would have won that game? When playing the powerhouses we need to be able to run the "midline" (QB follow)

I may disagree with some of PJ's calls sometimes, however his assessment of "who to play" is not going to be challenged.

Dumb question. When does the BB even block in this scheme? When we run midline?

I think the real issue is that Marcus has performed great the last two years when given the chance. It seems his blocking has not been up to CPJ's standards at times and last year a couple of fumbles were critiqued by CPJ and led to diminished playing time. I believe the problem is that Marcus may have felt a bit in CPJ's doghouse and that he was maybe treated a little more harshly when it come to getting playing time than others. I know this, he is the B-back we have who can use his speed to hit on a big play. Surely the coaches have come to appreciate his value to the team now and will be able to talk with him about completing his career at Tech. His loss would be great.

I think you are full of öööö.

Marshall was the man until Mills came along. Mills is better, plain and simple. Or did you miss the TD run where he drove straight through 2 of UGA's best and into the end zone.

As long as Mills is on campus, he is going to be the man. Unless someone even better comes along.

We had a similar situation when Perkins was at BB. Coach moved him out to AB to get him more touches. I think CPJ would love to be able to have Mills and Marshall on the field at the same time. And he will certainly platoon them to some extent. Assuming they both stay.

Posted on another site :facepalm:

Back