Marquez Ezzard is official.

Discussion in 'Football' started by smokey_wasp, Feb 2, 2019.

1. JOJATK

JOJATK Flats Noob

Actually the new transfer rules do not restrict conferences from enacting rules about intra-conference transfers. What I don't know is if the ACC rules requiring your current school to give you a waiver to contact another ACC team is still in place or if that is gone. The national rule change did NOT force conferences to change those contact rules. But I believe that once the name is in the portal all bets are off and it means you are free to contact other schools.

2. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'm sure the ACC wouldn't want the publicity of the ensuing lawsuit if we became the All Asshole Conference when applying transfer rules to our athletes that the rest of NCAA football's conferences don't. May as well just rebadge ourselves as Conference USA

3. JOJATK

JOJATK Flats Noob

I'm not sure how current this document is but it seems to indicate that most conferences have intra-conference transfer rules that restrict kids from transferring from one conference school to another http://graphics.fansonly.com/confs/pac10/compl/ccaca/surveys/ictransfers.pdf

I do know that the Big-10 does still have these types of rules in place. I agree that those types of rules need to go. I'm just saying they are still in place and the ACC is far from the only conference with them.

4. GTRules

GTRules Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Orlando
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don’t follow tennis.

5. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This document was created in 2006.

6. JOJATK

JOJATK Flats Noob

Near as I can find, and I've looked, some of those are still in place. And the Big-10 absolutely still has some of those rules in place. I've tried to find more current docs but haven't had much luck but when I read articles about those rules and other conferences they indicate that at least some are in place today.

7. moochie

moochie Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    dude...throw that M into a double letter, the Q into a triple letter and end with the D on a double word....SWEET!!!!!

8. ncjacket

ncjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    True but schools often are shamed into granting waivers. It’s just a bad look to not let a kid go if he doesn’t want to be there.

9. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Especially considering Miami's head coach just jumped ship twice in a couple of weeks. Maybe Manny Diaz should sit a year. Terrible look if Ezzard doesn't get one, but a lot of people seem to think he won't.

10. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It still shows him on the 247 transfer portal page as "sitting one" as in sitting a year. Yet Justin Fields, Tate Martell, and Asa Martin are alllisted as "pending appeal." Has Ezzard not applied for the waiver yet or is the 247 site just not updated? Fields situation I can see where he can apply for a waiver, but what in the world excuse could Martell and Martin use? Neither is transferring closer to home. I would think Ezzard would have a better shot at getting a waiver than those 2.

11. GSOJacket

GSOJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Four years if he gets a waiver, three if he doesn't (because his five year window will have expired).

12. ClubSeats

ClubSeats Employee of the Month

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Standard Scrabble set only has one Z so you’d have to use blank tiles on the other Z’s

13. oldgold68

oldgold68 Bitter old man

Loc:
    Living in the past
    Team:
    GT
    Thought you were going with A-Back.

14. oldgold68

oldgold68 Bitter old man

Loc:
    Living in the past
    Team:
    GT
    Apparently the player cannot apply for the waiver, only the school can apply. Maybe that can't happen until he signs the LOI.

15. GCdaJuiceMan

GCdaJuiceMan Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Looks like he thinks he'll be on the field come fall. Maybe I'm reaching.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Do underclassmen transfers sign an LOI?

17. gthog61

gthog61 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Irving, TX
    Team:
    Georgia Tech

Buzz kill, which is a big deal considering who we are

• Like Like x 1
  18. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    If it was An SEC school then of course, assuming their rankings go up. Everyone else, no.

19. oldgold68

oldgold68 Bitter old man

Loc:
    Living in the past
    Team:
    GT
    I don't know, but I'm assuming there is some formal notification even for transfers. I don't even know if the proper term is still "letter of intent" for high school signee's.

20. swampsting

swampsting Dodd-Like

Loc:
    God's Country
    Team:
    Ga Tech
    ezzard essentially was looking to come home and didn't take any other trips, it appears. just listened to KQ's podcast and they said ezzard said before taking his OV to Tech that if it felt like home, he was done. made it sound like we were really the only player for him.
    regardless, it's a solid get. if he's clear for 19, great. if not, then it's a head start on 2020

• Like Like x 1