Matthew Jordan injured, out for spring

gth874t

Jolly Good Fellow
What if this is all part of CPJ's master plan? A la VPI game last year - pretend MJ is back for game vs Champions of Life, have him warm up, then start Jay Jones or something. Vols will be expecting midline but we'll do loads of B-Back and speed option instead, throw 20 passes (including 4 TDs), and win going away.

You heard it here first.

RamblinWreck27

Jolly Good Fellow
pretend MJ is back for game vs Champions of Life...
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...hip-nc-state-tennessee-vanderbilt-butch-jones

I wish this was ours to win, however after immediately being crowned the inaugural champ à la some backwoods Ted DiBiase bequeathing, they dropped the title in their first defense to Vandy. Classic jobber move. Then Vandy got a can a whoop ass opened on them by NC State in the Independence Bowl, starting their tyrannical reign. Held the title since 12/26, but not being a fighting champ at the moment, just spending all their time shootin' birds and chugging beers. GameCocks are callenging them for the title in September of this year in Columbia. Michael Buffer will be singing the nation anthem. Only on PPV.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Our B-Back is better than any running back we will face this season. Our stable of running backs are better than any group of running backs we will face this season. Our WR's, IMO, have the potential to be the best of any team we face (on a Belichick scale)

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/j...turn-for-georgia-tech/fChPYPWZfx5TdsJqOFvWxN/

“We’ve issued our statement and stand by our statement,” Johnson said. “He’s out for the spring.”​

I know that details of injuries aren't typically discussed, but something like this they usually give some sort of detail. Broken bone in foot, ligament or tendon that has to be surgically repaired. Seems odd that zero details have been provided.

The Jacket

The Coat
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/j...turn-for-georgia-tech/fChPYPWZfx5TdsJqOFvWxN/

“We’ve issued our statement and stand by our statement,” Johnson said. “He’s out for the spring.”​

I know that details of injuries aren't typically discussed, but something like this they usually give some sort of detail. Broken bone in foot, ligament or tendon that has to be surgically repaired. Seems odd that zero details have been provided.
Yeah, the vagueness is a little odd. Just screams "hyper-extended penis" to me. Get well soon Mark.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like

They don't give out more info unless it's OK with Player involved. It has to do with privacy issues and ACC rules.

coit

They don't give out more info unless it's OK with Player involved. It has to do with privacy issues and ACC rules.
Yes, I know. But why would he have a problem with a few details?

18in32

Petard Hoister
Yes, I know. But why would he have a problem with a few details?
Well, if you had a _____ growing on your foot, you might not want potential dates to know that either.

18in32

Petard Hoister
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...hip-nc-state-tennessee-vanderbilt-butch-jones

I wish this was ours to win, however after immediately being crowned the inaugural champ à la some backwoods Ted DiBiase bequeathing, they dropped the title in their first defense to Vandy. Classic jobber move. Then Vandy got a can a whoop ass opened on them by NC State in the Independence Bowl, starting their tyrannical reign. Held the title since 12/26, but not being a fighting champ at the moment, just spending all their time shootin' birds and chugging beers. GameCocks are callenging them for the title in September of this year in Columbia. Michael Buffer will be singing the nation anthem. Only on PPV.
I think Butch Jones' impulse was a noble one. Wished he hadn't gotten so much flack for this. It might be nice if factory school players understood that there's a lot more going on in their futures than just football. Not like he went to the ESPY's to proclaim this – just something he told his team that people decided to make fun of.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I think Butch Jones' impulse was a noble one. Wished he hadn't gotten so much flack for this. It might be nice if factory school players understood that there's a lot more going on in their futures than just football. Not like he went to the ESPY's to proclaim this – just something he told his team that people decided to make fun of.
When Tennessee signs a star player to a scholarship, Jimmy Haslam gives them their own Pilot gas station to rob. There's a reason there is a Fulmer Cup.

coit

Well, if you had a _____ growing on your foot, you might not want potential dates to know that either.
Well, they did say it was an injury sustained during the scrimmage.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
The road to hell is paved with noble impulses, or something like that.

18in32

Petard Hoister
The road to hell is paved with noble impulses, or something like that.
That maxim nicely captures most of the self-righteous crap we post on this board... but not Butch's attempts to encourage his players for life after football.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
That maxim nicely captures most of the self-righteous crap we post on this board... but not Butch's attempts to encourage his players for life after football.
I have to disagree with you there. Butch has a pretty big and obvious conflict when it comes to claiming to represent his players post-football interests. He's making millions from their unpaid efforts and the demands of his job are explicitly to maximize football wins while minimizing player behavior that is negatively consequential to the university. It follows, and it's true, that he's under constant pressure to recruit football players who have athletic ability first and academic ability second, and he has a whole 'compliance' staff which spends a great deal of time shuffling these players between majors, tutors, remedial classes, and specific professors to keep them eligible for degrees that they aren't even interested in, many of which won't prepare them for anything in life after football except a different role in football. Everybody, especially Butch, knows that some of the guys who do their best after they don't make it into the NFL, and many of the ones that do make it, are going to end up as high school gym teachers and things of that nature, assuming they leave with a degree. It's a nice gesture, but the hypocrisy that he's forced into by the very nature of his job is pretty much the epitome of that maxim. It's definitely not Butch's fault that the job is that way, and I agree, I wish he'd taken less flak for it because there's not much he can do about it, but if you choose to put yourself in the circus, sometimes that makes you a clown.

18in32

Petard Hoister
It's a nice gesture, but the hypocrisy that he's forced into by the very nature of his job is pretty much the epitome of that maxim. It's definitely not Butch's fault that the job is that way, and I agree, I wish he'd taken less flak for it because there's not much he can do about it, but if you choose to put yourself in the circus, sometimes that makes you a clown.
You have given this a lot of thought... but man do I hate the rote, uninformed pessimism that is the currency of this board. Assuming that a coach can't care about and work for his players long term interests because he's also paid to win games is the antithesis of the perspective that GT teaches about its own student athletes. And contrary to rumor, there are people at other schools who are decent humans too. Even if they have crew cuts.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I had a coach who said a .500 record is the perfect season because you didn't play too many bad teams or too many good ones. That's what saying we are a champions of life is like.

beej67

new around here
What if this is all part of CPJ's master plan? A la VPI game last year - pretend MJ is back for game vs Champions of Life, have him warm up, then start Jay Jones or something. Vols will be expecting midline but we'll do loads of B-Back and speed option instead, throw 20 passes (including 4 TDs), and win going away.

You heard it here first.
As if Tennessee is going to be prepared for the midline, lol.

They're going to have one, maybe two defensive fronts and 3 play calls out of each, and we're going to have them decoded by halftime. The only question is how well our defensive line does.