Miami Fans

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
I just wanted to give an extra special shout-out to Da U fans

My girlfriend and I decided last night, after being on campus all day and observing all the fans, that Miami fans aren't the most annoying football fans, because their team isn't good enough anymore… but they're THE most annoying and obnoxious people of any football team we play regularly, save UGAg and maybe Clemson. Probably over Clempson though.

A bunch of no class people all around. 98% are either the trashiest of white trash, or total thugs.

So, so glad we beat them and sent em home early!

Literally, the worst two people I know are both Miami fans.

The Miami fans behind me in the stadium must have said the words "tased" and "overdose" about 30 times each while they were busy not watching the game.

In my experience, first being worst:

1) UGAg
[a great gulf fixed]
2) Florida State
3) Miami
4) VPI
5) UNC/NC State

They were ok. They do talk trash and a lot of them either look like they're auditioning for Jersey Shore or a Rick Ross video but they weren't horrible. I guess now that we've beaten them, they don't bother me anymore.

Some of their girls were pretty hot. I almost fell into one staring at her by the concession stands. She just smiled back.

We were in the upper north, and 3 rows in front of us, 6 Da U fans were standing up and intended to stand up the whole game. That's fine with me, they have the right to do that and I stood up much of the game too, but an older lady directly behind them asked them to sit down because she couldn't see and couldn't stand the whole game. I don't really like it when people ask fans to sit down… BUT the 30-something Miami fan in front of her just scoffed in the old lady's face and said "Eff no, it's a tradition lady. You can move or you can stand up too."
Then another Tech fan got involved and they got into a huge argument. Not so much about standing as about how they treated the lady. The idiot Miami fans were like, "Lookie here, we have section 212, seats 1-6 here. So you can leave us alone now."
They were seated in 211.
They moved.
Idiots

Hate is a strong word that I reserve for the utmost evil or the waste of oxygen pieces of öööö. So I reserve the finest most vintage hate for uga fans. Clemson fans I usually feel bad for, since most of them live in South Carolina.

Hate is a strong word that I reserve for the utmost evil or the waste of oxygen pieces of öööö. So I reserve the finest most vintage hate for uga fans. Clemson fans I usually feel bad for, since most of them live in South Carolina.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with Clemson fans. Their cheers and chants can be extremely obnoxious but that's about it.

For the first time I actually found classy scUM fans! When we got to our seats I realized I was surrounded by a family of UM fans. As it turned out, they over 80k'd, and actually brought some Macallan to share! Best experience I've had with a visiting fan group!

Weird that there were a lot of issues with Miami fans because I didn't see very many at all this time. Very few on campus (where we saw tons of GSU folks for that game), and only like 3 or 4 around us where 2 years ago there was probably a dozen in our section.

Also, the crowd was very much clad in white, except for the corner reserved for visiting fans.

Drunk Miami fan and a Tech geek almost got in a fight in front of me. Tech guy made fun of the dude asking if he had swag. Miami dude said something about the Tech dude having his jersey tucked into his pants and it ended. Loooool.

Edit: it started because the idiot Miami fan was smoking while in his seat.

"It's great; to be; a Miami huuuurrrricane."

BARF.

#1 reason for beating Miami is to allow us to go without hearing this.

I can't comment on Miami fans at a game because I haven't been to one against Miami. however, I don't get the hate against Clemson. I haven't had any real issues with Clemson fans. My worst experience with a Clemson fan so far was an old guy tailgating before the ACCCG saying that Tech's whipped their butts so much and that we owe them one.

Also, I can't really comment on the rest of the state, but I lived in Charleston for about 6 months. I liked it there. I wouldn't mind living in that area again.

Weird that there were a lot of issues with Miami fans because I didn't see very many at all this time. Very few on campus (where we saw tons of GSU folks for that game), and only like 3 or 4 around us where 2 years ago there was probably a dozen in our section.

Also, the crowd was very much clad in white, except for the corner reserved for visiting fans.

I sit in 127 (just outside the club section on the south side), and there were a TON of Miami fans in 127 and all the way over to the "normal" visitor section in the corner. Nobody immediately around me was particularly obnoxious, but I do really hate Miami fans as people. Just their colors scream "we are human garbage" to me.

There was like a dad and 2 dirtbag sons sitting a few rows in front of me. Piggy younger son (12-13 years old, I guess) was flying "da U" all night long and standing on his seat. Standing wasn't an issue, because our whole section stood for the whole game anyway. But in the second half, the club seats were sitting, so the kid could see the north end of the field without standing on his seat. Guy that sits in front of me, super soft spoken and nice, politely asked the kid if he would not stand on the seat. Kid was like whatever, but the dad got a little in his face with "you talk to me" and whatever. Which I guess is good policy, but it's not like the Tech guy was being a dick about it. The kid did stay off his seat for the rest of the game, though. (Actually, he sat down and huddled under a blanket after the death marches started, and they headed for the car a few minutes before the end.)

I did see some grown dudes flying double birds down closer to the student section, directed at the student section. That was classy. Also got behind some dudes in body costume (helmets and everything) coming into the stadium. Inoffensive, but it's really more of a NFL/Raiders fan thing than a college football fan thing. I'm not sure they realize that Miami is a college. :-)

Either way, seeing sad Miami fans leave the stadium is one of my favorite BDS sights, and it's been way too long since I got to see it.

JRjr

I can't comment on Miami fans at a game because I haven't been to one against Miami. however, I don't get the hate against Clemson. I haven't had any real issues with Clemson fans. My worst experience with a Clemson fan so far was an old guy tailgating before the ACCCG saying that Tech's whipped their butts so much and that we owe them one.

Also, I can't really comment on the rest of the state, but I lived in Charleston for about 6 months. I liked it there. I wouldn't mind living in that area again.

Yeah, Clemson fans are some of the nicest people I've met at any road game, and I've been basically everywhere Tech's played in the last 15 years. Every once in a while some drunk kid talks a little smack, but even that's no big deal. They just aren't threatening or rude. I had an old lady hug me after a game once because she was genuinely apologetic that we'd come all the way up for the game and lost. I had a couple of good ol' boys help push my car out after it got stuck in the YMCA lot after one of the late night games up there.

I get irritated by their spelling and stuff in the stadium, but pretty much all my personal interactions with them have been neutral to positive.

Miami, on the other hand, is a hellhole. The worst place I've ever been to to watch a game. The stadium sucks, the area around the stadium sucks (Joe Robbie - the Orange Bowl was a whole different deal), the stadium environment suck, and their fans are to a man terrible people. Even the friggin' vendors were taunting and talking smack in the stands last time I was there.

JRjr

Y'all need to get a tougher skin seems like. Maybe go overseas for a little while and see how fans of opposing teams act like when they see you wearing your colors.

Try not to get stabbed. Miami fans talking smack will seem nice when these foreigners haven't left a single woman in your family not called a whore. Before they stab you.

Witnessed some obnoxious trash U fans before game but actually had 3 sitting behind us that were not bad at all. They genuinely seemed perplexed at our offense questioning "how do you stop that?" They didn't argue about any calls that went our way, and even said they got lucky on the DJ "no fumble" call.

For the first time I actually found classy scUM fans! When we got to our seats I realized I was surrounded by a family of UM fans. As it turned out, they over 80k'd, and actually brought some Macallan to share! Best experience I've had with a visiting fan group!

Oddly, my perspective has turned more favorably towards Miami fans after this game. Sure there is still the thug element, but the ones that sat near me were down right polite.

Back