Miami Fans

Oddly, my perspective has turned more favorably towards Miami fans after this game. Sure there is still the thug element, but the ones that sat near me were down right polite.

Seems like most actual alumni are great people, for the most part. They seem to be pretty well educated as fans and they aren't the terribly annoying ones. However, that is a very, very low percentage of who I interacted with yesterday

Clemson fans are the nicest I've ever interacted with. Last year for example, I was at the game and I didn't have a single jab, insult, or negative comment sent my way the entire trip. Nothing but pleasant people

And more support for Clemson fans here. I've never had a bad experience with them, and they always seem like welcoming people.

Seems like most actual alumni are great people, for the most part. They seem to be pretty well educated as fans and they aren't the terribly annoying ones. However, that is a very, very low percentage of who I interacted with yesterday

That's the case for most college fans who root for their alma mater.

And more support for Clemson fans here. I've never had a bad experience with them, and they always seem like welcoming people.

During my many visits to Clemson, never had a bad experience with any Clemson folk. Did have an issue with a 20-something Tech fan once who insisted on tossing out gratuitous F-bombs in a section with many, much younger fans.

i am usually the quietest person in my section. i never stand, and if i really need to get up, i usually ask permission first from the people behind me.

NOT!!! im pretty obnoxious to opponent fans

the Miami dudes behind me were funny. took their licks and had some come-backs. they laughed hard when i said, "you know what that was? that was 'Pass Interferencia'." they were fine and plenty cool. better than the South'n students or recent grads that got really pissed up til halftime. those guys were takin' in seriou's. Miami fans were more normal than them

i am usually the quietest person in my section. i never stand, and if i really need to get up, i usually ask permission first from the people behind me.

NOT!!! im pretty obnoxious to opponent fans

the Miami dudes behind me were funny. took their licks and had some come-backs. they laughed hard when i said, "you know what that was? that was 'Pass Interferencia'." they were fine and plenty cool. better than the South'n students or recent grads that got really pissed up til halftime. those guys were takin' in seriou's. Miami fans were more normal than them

At south'n game you were going over to them and talking öööö into their ears like you were gonna whisper something, instead yelling something about their stupid redneck school should go back to FCS because they can't hang with the big boys. :lol:

At south'n game you were going over to them and talking öööö into their ears like you were gonna whisper something, instead yelling something about their stupid redneck school should go back to FCS because they can't hang with the big boys. :lol:

no, when i went down and talked into their ears it at the end of the game telling them that they had outplayed us by far in the second half and told them that the game would help them during the season even if it was a bitter loss to take right then

the baiting and taunting was all in the first half

I have had a total of two negative experiences with Clemson fans. That's more than offset by dozens and dozens of outright positive experiences. I've attended more games at Clemson than any other opposing school, partially because their fans are so classy. Clemson fans are usually nice people and on top of that they respect and understand Tech football, as a product on the field and as a culture, better than any other opponent we play. It's a strangely friendly intense rivalry that I really appreciate.

I have had a total of two negative experiences with Clemson fans. That's more than offset by dozens and dozens of outright positive experiences. I've attended more games at Clemson than any other opposing school, partially because their fans are so classy. Clemson fans are usually nice people and on top of that they respect and understand Tech football, as a product on the field and as a culture, better than any other opponent we play. It's a strangely friendly intense rivalry that I really appreciate.

i second this.

the game where Kerry Watkins caught it in the endzone after they had come back after we had come back was crazy.

a group of us all exited the stadium yelling "who let the dorks out!!!" pretty obnoxiously and then as we walked thru the tailgate areas the column got smaller and smaller as groups of two or three disappeared into Clemson tailgates offering food and drink and congratulatory praises for a great game of college football.

it was awesome and i will never forget the hospitality that they showed in the face of such utter disappointment. class act

Clemson fans are only aholes when they come to Atlanta. More than likely it's the ones that live here year around and get pissed due to no one talking clemson here...ever. Much like the gagger fanbase, they've also gotten worse with success. In the 90's, Georgia fans weren't nice but they weren't the total jerkoffs they are today. Clemson is starting to trend that way, but the difference is, USCe is taking a lot of the front runner obnoxious types due to even more success, where georgia got all those fans here when they got Richt and we got chan

Sounds like you've been to a futbol game in Napoli.

Y'all need to get a tougher skin seems like. Maybe go overseas for a little while and see how fans of opposing teams act like when they see you wearing your colors.

Try not to get stabbed. Miami fans talking smack will seem nice when these foreigners haven't left a single woman in your family not called a whore. Before they stab you.

Wow, I've never been able to go to an away game at Clemson but that surprises me. I'm glad they're such nice people over there! I guess I'm skewed because I literally know about a dozen of the most obnoxious, redneck Clemson fans you've ever met in your life. I do know a lot of graduates though and they're absolutely fantastic fans and even better people! Good to hear that's the norm

I went to A-school with one like that. He didn't say a word about Clemson after after Tech beat them that year.

Wow, I've never been able to go to an away game at Clemson but that surprises me. I'm glad they're such nice people over there! I guess I'm skewed because I literally know about a dozen of the most obnoxious, redneck Clemson fans you've ever met in your life. I do know a lot of graduates though and they're absolutely fantastic fans and even better people! Good to hear that's the norm

Been to a bunch of Clemmons games. They're generally good people. Only ever had an issue with one but to be fair I probably started it(and it was after we beat them in Atl)

The Miami fans around us all looked like they came straight from prison, but ends up being more tolerable than the drunk season ticket holder in front of us. I told my wife early in the game that if I handed her my watch to stay out of the way because a swing at his face was imminent.

Nothing wrong with Clemson fans. They have bought me beers after we got our butts kicked to alleviate my butthurt.

Back