Miss me yet?

I don’t think our roster is “almost all 1 and 2 star players” and I’m sure you don’t either, since you are quite knowledgeable regarding evaluating athletic talent. We have mostly 3 star players and probably a few 4 star caliber players on defense. We all know that our guys ratings were deflated after committing to GT just like other players ratings were inflated when receiving offers from Bama and the like.
So you HONESTLY think we have a load of 3 and 4 stars on the offensive and defensive line? Come on, man...seriously. Be honest. Screw stars if you don't like them and think they're skewed. How many people have we put into the NFL over the past 7 or 8 years versus how many we put into the NFL under Gailey? (Who, I might add, was atrocious as a college D1 coach but, at least he recruited BayBay, Calvin Johnson, Dwyer, Roddy Jones, Derrick Morgan, Michael Johnson, Morgan Burnett and many more who were good enough to play in the NFL and excel in many cases.)

I'm not making excuses for what I saw yesterday because I thought our coaching staff dropped the ball on both sides of the ball. But I also am realistic and those guys who were playing in the trenches for us looked to be of similar athletic capabilities to the Citadel yesterday. How many times did they beat our linemen and stop plays in the backfield on 3rd down yesterday? I haven't looked at the stats but I'd bet we converted no more than 30% of 3rd down plays and a good portion of those were 3rd and 6+ yards after having tried to run the ball twice.

But I'm also not going to go around on a message board posting 7 or 8 different threads belittling our coach. I didn't do it when we were going 3-9 with Johnson or ending our consecutive bowl streak under Johnson. He was our coach and I supported him because doing otherwise would be pulling against my beloved Yellow Jackets. So I won't do it now. I still hold Collins' ability to recruit in high regard. If he doesn't work out as head coach, at least he'll upgrade our talent level before he's gone. Then the next coach can do really well with the talent he inherits and all of you who seem so gleeful about the loss yesterday can go ride the johnson (pun intended) of the new guy who walks into a better situation than what CGC inherited.

Last edited:
Yeah because he doesn’t give a damn about Georgia Institute of Technology.
The hell he does. He is loyal to his past employers. He always cared about Navy, and he's always going to care about GT. That is, unless you are all completely intent on letting him taste your dick every chance you get.

You are naming teams with much more talent on the squad than the teams they play. Put Alabama vs Clemson in 3rd and 1 and going shotgun is a stupid call.

You could put UGAg in the damn punt formation against Arkansas State and run a play for a first down.

And, BTW, Alabama and UGAg both have short yardage plays from under center. In fact, UGAg runs plenty of plays from under center in their pro style offense
In fact, you don't have to watch all but UGAgs first two plays to see QB under center. Yes, mix in shotgun, but don't claim we are a "pro" based offense if we aren't.

Apparently one of the guys we would’ve had if CPJ had stayed starts for Texas. Otherwise, we don’t recruit the type of OL that other schools do because we don’t use them in the same way. You know that.
Actually, that's wrong. Per statements made on Rivals when it happened, had Sewak come back, then Braun was leaving then as well.

I didn’t see diminishing returns at all. We struggled to find the right defensive formula, but recruited some really strong DBs. On offense, we lost more stud running backs due to off-field crap than most teams ever have, yet still put up big numbers. 2015 was an injury-laden aberration and the past 2 years we struggled with not having the right fit at QB. Nothing that Jordan Yates wouldn’t have fixed going forward.
Our recruiting was completely out of balance. Look at how poor the roster management was with the lack of seniors on this team and the number of OL coming in the last few classes. We were at the point of just taking what we could get and finding spots for them. That’s not recruiting.

So you HONESTLY think we have a load of 3 and 4 stars on the offensive and defensive line? Come on, man...seriously. Be honest. Screw stars if you don't like them and think they're skewed. How many people have we put into the NFL over the past 7 or 8 years versus how many we put into the NFL under Gailey? (Who, I might add, was atrocious as a college D1 coach but, at least he recruited BayBay, Calvin Johnson, Dwyer, Roddy Jones, Derrick Morgan, Michael Johnson, Morgan Burnett and many more who were good enough to play in the NFL and excel in many cases.)

I'm not making excuses for what I saw yesterday because I thought our coaching staff dropped the ball on both sides of the ball. But I also am realistic and those guys who were playing in the trenches for us looked to be of similar athletic capabilities to the Citadel yesterday. How many times did they beat our linemen and stop plays in the backfield on 3rd down yesterday. I haven't looked at the stats but I'd bet we converted no more than 30% of 3rd down plays and a good portion of those were 3rd and 6+ yards after having tried to run the ball twice.

But I'm also not going to go around on a message board posting 7 or 8 different threads belittling our coach. I didn't do it when we were going 3-9 with Johnson or ending our consecutive bowl streak under Johnson. He was our coach and I supported him because doing otherwise would be pulling against my beloved Yellow Jackets. So I won't do it now. I still hold Collins' ability to recruit in high regard. If he doesn't work out as head coach, at least he'll upgrade our talent level before he's gone. Then the next coach can do really well with the talent he inherits and all of you who seem so gleeful about the loss yesterday can go ride the johnson (pun intended) of the new guy who walks into a better situation than what CGC inherited.

I guess I missed that you were referring to our OL and DL player with the star comment. Sure they are not of that caliber this year, especially since we lost Braun. But he would’ve stayed if CPJ were still here I presume.

I think most of us that are starting a bunch of threads are just trying to have fun with it. I haven’t belittled any coach other than to say that Patenaude is in over his head, which I think everyone can see. My message for the rest of the coaching staff is to stop ööööing around and start coaching football. Get our young men ready to play on Saturdays.

Our recruiting was completely out of balance. Look at how poor the roster management was with the lack of seniors on this team and the number of OL coming in the last few classes. We were at the point of just taking what we could get and finding spots for them. That’s not recruiting.

There was definitely a balance issue, I certainly agree with you there.

I guess I missed that you were referring to our OL and DL player with the star comment. Sure they are not of that caliber this year, especially since we lost Braun. But he would’ve stayed if CPJ were still here I presume.

I think most of us that are starting a bunch of threads are just trying to have fun with it. I haven’t belittled any coach other than to say that Patenaude is in over his head, which I think everyone can see. My message for the rest of the coaching staff is to stop ööööing around and start coaching football. Get our young men ready to play on Saturdays.
I'm sure the recruits who might be reading these messages are able to discern that you're 'just having fun with it'.
I have TStan's phone number. Should I call him and arrange a time for you to come give our coaching staff some lessons on how to do all this magical öööö with those 1- and 2-star linemen? Some of you honestly need to get a grip.

First it was, "we need to play Lucas because Oliver can't throw the damn ball" after we ran Oliver on every play against Clemson and looked bad. Then when Lucas struggles yesterday and we lose to Citadel, it's "we should have played Oliver and run him every play". Come on, coaching geniuses...make up your mind. Which is it? I mean you Sunday morning QB coaches need to stop ööööing around and start coaching football.

And see my prior post. No..Braun was leaving anyway. Try again.

And while we are at it, which QB who played yesterday would crack 2 deep at another P5 and where?

We are in a bad, bad spot.

upload_2019-9-15_9-50-57.gif

And while we are at it, which QB who played yesterday would crack 2 deep at another P5 and where?

We are in a bad, bad spot.

Tobias would be playing at any number of schools in some capacity other than QB.

I'm sure the recruits who might be reading these messages are able to discern that you're 'just having fun with it'.
I have TStan's phone number. Should I call him and arrange a time for you to come give our coaching staff some lessons on how to do all this magical öööö with those 1- and 2-star linemen? Some of you honestly need to get a grip.

First it was, "we need to play Lucas because Oliver can't throw the damn ball" after we ran Oliver on every play against Clemson and looked bad. Then when Lucas struggles yesterday and we lose to Citadel, it's "we should have played Oliver and run him every play". Come on, coaching geniuses...make up your mind. Which is it? I mean you Sunday morning QB coaches need to stop ööööing around and start coaching football.

I highly doubt any recruits are reading Stingtalk. They are all about the twitter. I remember reading an article that contradicts what you say about Braun but I’m not going to argue about it.

Dang man, lighten up.

Not keeping Braun around is the first major recruiting failure for Collins. Not the end of the world, and he's had a lot of other wins to make up for it, but is on him nonetheless.

Fine. But we still don’t have a P5 QB. I’ll take that response as my point being acknowledged.

We don’t need a P5 QB in CPJ’s system. And sure, we don’t have one. So why are we trying to run an offense that requires one?

Not moving the goalposts. He asked a question and I answered it. Tobias was a strong 3 star athlete, top 100 nationally I believe.
Yeah, it kinda is. He said which QB's would play for another power 5 team and you say Tobias would play....at somewhere besides QB.

The only way recruits read this board is to join it. Can't read the threads without a membership, as it should be. Can only see thread topic.

Back