Miss me yet?

Not keeping Braun around is the first major recruiting failure for Collins. Not the end of the world, and he's had a lot of other wins to make up for it, but is on him nonetheless.
LOL, wait what? Here are Parker's words:
“I’ve got tremendous respect for all of (the new coaches), and I do believe that they can have a lot of success in the future, especially coach (Geoff) Collins and coach (Brent) Key and all those guys,” Braun told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I think they really know what they’re doing. But when it came down to it, I think because of grad school and various other factors, it just wasn’t the best fit for me personally.”

Every thought that maybe Parker knew what this year was going to be like and figured he might want to go somewhere that was going to be higher ranked so that he got more visibility with NFL scouts? It's not like the coaches could tie him to a chair and make him stay.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ale-for-transferring/5zYjJ3VSBJkMCa7frUcgLL/#

I'm sure the recruits who might be reading these messages...
Recruits are as likely to be reading these messages as they are to be reading a newspaper. This is an old man format.

Recruits are as likely to be reading these messages as they are to be reading a newspaper. This is an old man format.
And you can say that with certainty? I'm pretty sure the mom of a very highly recruited young QB, who has an offer from GT, is a member on this board. Probably some more I don't know of as well, but that one I'm reasonably certain about.

Yeah, it kinda is. He said which QB's would play for another power 5 team and you say Tobias would play....at somewhere besides QB.

You left off the end of his question.... “and where.”

The only way recruits read this board is to join it. Can't read the threads without a membership, as it should be. Can only see thread topic.

That’s not true. It is open, because that whiney Joey guy from rumble seat or whatever, posted a screenshot of @whenyousaybud’s fire CGC thread.

That’s not true. It is open, because that whiney Joey guy from rumble seat or whatever, posted a screenshot of @whenyousaybud’s fire CGC thread.
I don't think that's true. I don't think you can enter a thread without signing in, unless it changed in the last few weeks. Sign out and try it

I don't think that's true. I don't think you can enter a thread without signing in, unless it changed in the last few weeks. Sign out and try it
It’s an open board now. Happens every football season. Then in January it goes back private.

And you can say that with certainty? I'm pretty sure the mom of a very highly recruited young QB, who has an offer from GT, is a member on this board. Probably some more I don't know of as well, but that one I'm reasonably certain about.

I knew about it when I was being recruited.

It’s an open board now. Happens every football season. Then in January it goes back private.
Well that's dumb, you'd think it would be the other way around.

I think their roster is better suited to what they are doing. Like it or not, we made a decision to rip the bandaid off of 10 years of option football. The staff made a decision that was the best option - rather than phasing it out at the cost of recruiting. That’s where we are. Our current roster is ill suited for anything but ankle diving. They certainly aren’t manning up and beating people at point of attack....even The Citadel. In fact, it’s exactly what the last few Johnson years were - terrible support play and being saved by individual performance. We just didn’t get saved yesterday.

Good response and I agree. I certainly won't argue that the current GT roster is anywhere near suited to what the coaches want to do. Still, good coaches adapt to what they have--and it was pretty clear that Oliver gave us the best chance to win as he was the best player on the field for either team and was moving the offense. Not going to him for the entire 2nd half is pretty poor coaching.

My concern is not having a losing record for a season or 2 while the CGC and staff attempt to recruit and overhaul the roster, my concern is that the coaches aren't doing everything to win games now. The QB shuffle mid series needs to stop. Poorly managing a game clock late in a game happens--let's hope that the young coach learns from it.

Our issues or challenges are all of the above. Talent, coaches, hill, money, stadium size, fan support and by that I mean a culture of football is the main thing for the school. PERIOD. NFL dreamers want it all. Playing in front of 90k where they are treated and act as rock stars and minimal to no work between games. I hope we will never sell our souls to this and so we will on occasion rise to top 20 or 10. We will not be a consistent playoff team. Not in my lifetime anyway. Add to this the slow death of football and you have what we have now. A few at the top chasing what is left while the game is still king. We are all arm chair QBs and coaches and hate what we saw Saturday. We will get better (apparently slower than hoped) but we have a situation where we are surrounded with the all in football schools and that means a daily dose of we suck from all angles. As current fans I believe the only thing we can control is our attendance and contributions. Does not mean no complaining because that was a real cluster yesterday. I begrudgingly give the staff a pass for now because I personally believe our talent level is more Citadel than we think.

Good response and I agree. I certainly won't argue that the current GT roster is anywhere near suited to what the coaches want to do. Still, good coaches adapt to what they have--and it was pretty clear that Oliver gave us the best chance to win as he was the best player on the field for either team and was moving the offense. Not going to him for the entire 2nd half is pretty poor coaching.

My concern is not having a losing record for a season or 2 while the CGC and staff attempt to recruit and overhaul the roster, my concern is that the coaches aren't doing everything to win games now. The QB shuffle mid series needs to stop. Poorly managing a game clock late in a game happens--let's hope that the young coach learns from it.

I think your real concern is that you want everyone to know that you want PJ back and that you’re not actually concerned with the growth of our football program from meddling in mediocrity to restored national prominence.

Our issues or challenges are all of the above. Talent, coaches, hill, money, stadium size, fan support and by that I mean a culture of football is the main thing for the school. PERIOD. NFL dreamers want it all. Playing in front of 90k where they are treated and act as rock stars and minimal to no work between games. I hope we will never sell our souls to this and so we will on occasion rise to top 20 or 10. We will not be a consistent playoff team. Not in my lifetime anyway. Add to this the slow death of football and you have what we have now. A few at the top chasing what is left while the game is still king. We are all arm chair QBs and coaches and hate what we saw Saturday. We will get better (apparently slower than hoped) but we have a situation where we are surrounded with the all in football schools and that means a daily dose of we suck from all angles. As current fans I believe the only thing we can control is our attendance and contributions. Does not mean no complaining because that was a real cluster yesterday. I begrudgingly give the staff a pass for now because I personally believe our talent level is more Citadel than we think.
Welcome to StingTalk, Dave Braine.

Back