Money Down!

Did it get you amped up, and want you to start yelling and clapping to make it harder for USF?

Maybe I have become an old fart then, but damn, it seemed cheezy.
The vast majority of the people who call it cheesy still have their voice after every game.

My opinion on money down is irrelevant. I'm there regardless. One question is what would the 20k fans we need to put in the empty seats think of it? I dunno.

A second question is what do the recruits think of it? I dunno.

Right now us traditionalists have to defer to that for the greater good of the program. We need more young fans and better players. If a dj in the student section and blue jerseys and money down is how we do that then we should not complain.

does anyone have a video of the Money Down thing? I didn't see it or hear it on TV but I was pretty much already wasted

Did it seem like to anyone else that GT athletics just wasn't quite ready to host a game this past Saturday?

I've talked the stuff that I'm used to that wasn't there (or inaudible) to death, but the only other thing that stood out was the announcer getting the yard line the ball was on wrong a couple of times. I am not sure if he typically looks at the field for this or at the scoreboard. Only reason I say that is, one time that he got it wrong, the scoreboard reflected the same thing he just announced. They happened to both be wrong. Noticed it a couple of more times where he had to correct himself. Anyway, weird. First home game of the year kinks I guess.

I know it was USF, but we held them to 4-15 on third down. When was the last time we held anybody that many times on 3rd down?

Some comparable performances to 4/15 (26.6%) from the last 2 seasons:

2017 Pitt 1/13 (7.7)
2017 Miami 2/12 (16.6)
2017 UNC 2/12 (16.6)
2018 Alcorn 2/11 (18.2)
2018 VT 2/8 (25.0)
2017 VT 4/15 (26.6)

Back