Money Down!

Some comparable performances to 4/15 (26.6%) from the last 2 seasons:

2017 Pitt 1/13 (7.7)
2017 Miami 2/12 (16.6)
2017 UNC 2/12 (16.6)
2018 Alcorn 2/11 (18.2)
2018 VT 2/8 (25.0)
2017 VT 4/15 (26.6)
I guess it was just mostly recent memory that made me feel like we've been historically worse on 3rd down. Since 2010, we've averaged giving up 41.24% 3rd down conversions. Last year that number was the highest in the span at 50.68%, and in 2017 we recorded the lowest in that time at 30.94%, hence all those good stat lines you have up there from 2017. Also knowing that we had 2 games last year where we held opponents to 18.2% and 25% 3rd down conversion and still managed to average over 50% for the year shows you how bad we were in the rest of the games.

Hey guys, money down update. I just talked to Tucker Gleason’s dad who was there with Tucker for an official visit Saturday and apparently the recruits loved the money down stuff. They thought it was very cool.

I've talked the stuff that I'm used to that wasn't there (or inaudible) to death, but the only other thing that stood out was the announcer getting the yard line the ball was on wrong a couple of times. I am not sure if he typically looks at the field for this or at the scoreboard. Only reason I say that is, one time that he got it wrong, the scoreboard reflected the same thing he just announced. They happened to both be wrong. Noticed it a couple of more times where he had to correct himself. Anyway, weird. First home game of the year kinks I guess.

It’s like we start over from scratch every year. By game 12, we’ll have most of it figured out but then the scoreboard will quit.

JRjr

Another thing I just remembered that was messed up most of the afternoon was the statistics scoreboard -score by quarter, total yards, rushing, passing- the rushing + passing totals didn’t SUM to the total on the board. Also, none of the totals matched what I was pulling up on yahoo game tracker.

Another thing I just remembered that was messed up most of the afternoon was the statistics scoreboard -score by quarter, total yards, rushing, passing- the rushing + passing totals didn’t SUM to the total on the board. Also, none of the totals matched what I was pulling up on yahoo game tracker.

Your mentioning that reminded me.

I did like how they did some live feed of army vs mich on the jumbo.

Good idea.

Don't care for money down and didn't care for the scoreboard whistle that much. The real whistle was blown after a win, not every first down.

Back