Monken Gets It, even if some of you don't

AE 87

Dodd-Like
But this was a different Monday for Monken, who -- if only temporarily -- was perhaps the most popular Georgia Southern head coach to speak to the club since Erk Russell.

Beating Florida two days earlier will bring a coach much love in a crowd dominated by Georgia fans.

As great as Saturday was for his team, it wasn’t perfect.

“The only bad thing about that win on Saturday -- and there were a lot of good things -- (is) there’s happy Georgia fans this week,” he said to mild uncertain laughter. “They didn’t get that.”

Forgotten by the Georgia-heavy crowd was that Monken has plenty of Georgia Tech in him, having taken over at Georgia Southern after spending two seasons with head coach Paul Johnson and the Yellow Jackets.

“As an old Georgia Tech man, I don’t want ever Georgia fans to be happy,” he said. “I hated to help you guys out.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2013/11/25/2798254/georgia-southerns-monken-still.html#storylink=cpy

Exactly what I thought when Southern won.

PJ would probably talk some öööö too if we won. I know I will. If we win on Saturday, UGA fans better stay indoors and turn off all electronic devices.

This guy is another reason PJ has not improved-replacing good coaches is hard

in b4 GTCrew4b says the biggest loss of 2009 was Jeff Monken.

...wait...I am GTCrew4b...oh. my. god...

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Coach-in-waiting GT-style?

That's so great. Good for Monken. Wonder if there's any amount of money that would get him to give up being the HC at Southern and come help run our offense again.

Way to go Modken!

I don't understand your statement "even if some of you don't."

Monken has his Mind Rite --wish I'd been in that Georgia-heavy crowded room when he made those statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so great. Good for Monken. Wonder if there's any amount of money that would get him to give up being the HC at Southern and come help run our offense again.

I think he's thinking the CPJ career track. Next up, HC at an under-the-radar school then up to the big show.

Beating Florida = career catapult.

I think he's thinking the CPJ career track. Next up, HC at an under-the-radar school then up to the big show.

Beating Florida = career catapult.

Agreed. If I'm Weak Florist (WF) I take a shot at Monken.

Back