Monken Gets It, even if some of you don't

Exactly what I thought when Southern won.

PJ would probably talk some öööö too if we won. I know I will. If we win on Saturday, UGA fans better stay indoors and turn off all electronic devices.

If they even know how to use electronic devices, might be more than their capable of. :biggrin:

I think he's thinking the CPJ career track. Next up, HC at an under-the-radar school then up to the big show.

It would be really interesting to see how this offense would work at a decent sized school that can recruit anyone they want. Like the level of an Ole Miss, UNC, Kansas State. Would be a way to settle for good whether our recruiting is due to Tech challenges/The Hill or because of the offense.

For the record, I'm convinced it's the latter.

I think he's thinking the CPJ career track. Next up, HC at an under-the-radar school then up to the big show.

Beating Florida = career catapult.

I agree but I think GSU moving up keeps him here as the under the radar school

It would be really interesting to see how this offense would work at a decent sized school that can recruit anyone they want. Like the level of an Ole Miss, UNC, Kansas State. Would be a way to settle for good whether our recruiting is due to Tech challenges/The Hill or because of the offense.

For the record, I'm convinced it's the latter.
ole miss - Undergraduates: 16,060 (2013)
Ga. South -Undergraduate: 17,904 (2013)

I think CJM is already at a decent sized school (your definition). FBS will open the doors for more scholarships and resources

If PJ turns things around a bit and stays at GT until he retires, do we hire CJM, assuming he is pretty successful at GSU? It would be great for continuity, and he seems to be less married to the flexbone than PJ is. I think that's a pretty good scenario.

ole miss - Undergraduates: 16,060 (2013)
Ga. South -Undergraduate: 17,904 (2013)

I think CJM is already at a decent sized school (your definition). FBS will open the doors for more scholarships and resources

I think you know that implicit in that comment was that the school be FBS.

If PJ turns things around a bit and stays at GT until he retires, do we hire CJM, assuming he is pretty successful at GSU? It would be great for continuity, and he seems to be less married to the flexbone than PJ is. I think that's a pretty good scenario.

In that scenario, I'd love the hire.

Exactly what I thought when Southern won.

PJ would probably talk some öööö too if we won. I know I will. If we win on Saturday, UGA fans better stay indoors and turn off all electronic devices.

I'll second that. I'll have T-shirts made with the Score on the Front & an aaron murray crying gif or something on the back. 7 Different colors for everyday of the week. I will also give them to all my dwag relatives for Christmas gifts as an FU for not supporting my Jackets.:naughty:

Jeff's been a friend for a long time. Good dude, good coach.

I think you know that implicit in that comment was that the school be FBS.

I think you should know that implicit in Burdell's comment was the fact that Southern will be FBS in 2015 (Sun Belt Conference).

I wonder if a school like Hawaii or SMU will come calling for Monken or another coach like Niumatalolo.

If Monken is successful in Sun Belt, his next stop will probably be a big 5 school (acc, sec, big12, pac12, big10).

While I'll never say it wouldn't happen, for now I think CJM is really dialed into southern and what they've got going on down there. He gets to take a traditional power to the next level including new facilities and stadium expansion for which he'll have a great deal of input. Now, if in say 4-5 years, he's built the program to be a power in the Sunbelt, then it may be a lot easier for him to leave for the next "challenge" in his career.

I'm another who's very impressed with Jeff. He has a lot of fire and is every bit the offensive strategist that PJ is. I just hope he isn't too dug in wherever he is when we need a new head coach.

Back