Monken is not PJ lite, and the 3O should stay.

Fans of the triple option should start a pledge. If Stansbury hires Monken and people do not renew season tickets due to the offense, fans who want the 3 option to stay should buy SEason Tickets 3:1 to replace them.

In. I'm totally fine with losing the retards that pretend that CPJ didn't field the best offense Tech has seen since Dodd was coach.

"Hurr durr we should aim higher than setting an NCAA record for 3rd down conversion rate"

In. I'm totally fine with losing the retards that pretend that CPJ didn't field the best offense Tech has seen since Dodd was coach.

"Hurr durr we should aim higher than setting an NCAA record for 3rd down conversion rate"

Man after 20 years of watching the spread option those who are opposed are the same ones who rarely if ever actually watch all the games, or even attend any. And they certainly weren't around the GSU glory days, or saw CPJ set every record at Hawaii, or turn Navy from another easy W on everyone's schedule to a real upset threat to every major school, and a winning team, king of the academies.

They're also the same clowns that are ignoring Monken doing the same thing at Army. Army has been a JOKE..now under Monken they gave OKLAHOMA a run for thier money. They're averaging 30 points a game. They've turned Army into a team that expects to win 9 or 10 games, beat Navy, and pull an upset here and there.

Where have I seen that story before?

I will support GT regardless, in fact, given the state of some of our retarded fans, we dont deserve any of CPJs protegès who will all end up turning around horrible programs.

Seriously. Army.

How many of you saw army play football in the last 20 years? Army deserves Monken, we don't, not with fans who are ungrateful for the CPJ, the two straight upsets at Athens in front of thousands of butthurt mutt fans. The come back wins against better teams. The clemson game with clemson fans crying in the stands. We had a couple amazing seasons for who we traditionally are. We had avwrgae seasons that we viewed as horrible because we were literally a play away from winning almost every big L. Monken is the kind of guy to inspire young men to make that extra play.

The same clowns that sat quiet when we were competitive and pulled big upsets on Thursday nights are the same ones being the most outspoken against someone that could carry CPJs torch and GTs football identity into a new era.

Or...we can go back to having superstars like Calvin Johnsons, Tashard Choices, and a host of NFL defensive talent and still drop 5-6 games a year with pro style run of the mill coaches. Hey, but at least we throw the ball again, right? Just like everybody else.

This board of late makes me want to eat a gunpowder and led sandwich. CPJ is dead on about the revisionist history. CPJ is literally a hall of fame coach who chose to come here and fix our broken ass program, and some of our idiot fanbases spit on him and the system that won him multiple championships, half a dozen coach of the years, and made us unique and interesting. Not to mention, how his minions have gone on to turn around other horrible programs as well.

GT fans are about the biggest issue with our program, at least were finally doing something about money, uniforms and facilities, but god some of our fans would be better off at the country club cheating at golf on Saturdays then participating in the program or watching football.

There will never be a way to vindicate CPJ to the CPJ haters. If our team does worse now, to them it'll be because CPJ set the program back, not because CPJ was better.

He's leaving the next person a 7-win bowl-bound team. The next person has enough to at least be a bowl team next year or the year after

Oh, for what it's worth, our fans suck. Every away game shows us how horrible our fanbase has been for the last 25 damn years.

I live near wake, and sometimes I attention wake games. They get better crowds with garbage teams and creampuff opponents than we do for primetime games against top 10 opponents.

Which coincidently, cpj actually beat top 10 teams here. Wheres the thumbs up and whiskey drinking emojis???

It does suck that we fired CPJ. He was underpaid all those years and yet he never quit on us - he never just walked away from it all. Hell, he practically worked for free! This firing is a grave injustice.

Man after 20 years of watching the spread option those who are opposed are the same ones who rarely if ever actually watch all the games, or even attend any. And they certainly weren't around the GSU glory days, or saw CPJ set every record at Hawaii, or turn Navy from another easy W on everyone's schedule to a real upset threat to every major school, and a winning team, king of the academies.

They're also the same clowns that are ignoring Monken doing the same thing at Army. Army has been a JOKE..now under Monken they gave OKLAHOMA a run for thier money. They're averaging 30 points a game. They've turned Army into a team that expects to win 9 or 10 games, beat Navy, and pull an upset here and there.

Where have I seen that story before?

I will support GT regardless, in fact, given the state of some of our retarded fans, we dont deserve any of CPJs protegès who will all end up turning around horrible programs.

Seriously. Army.

How many of you saw army play football in the last 20 years? Army deserves Monken, we don't, not with fans who are ungrateful for the CPJ, the two straight upsets at Athens in front of thousands of butthurt mutt fans. The come back wins against better teams. The clemson game with clemson fans crying in the stands. We had a couple amazing seasons for who we traditionally are. We had avwrgae seasons that we viewed as horrible because we were literally a play away from winning almost every big L. Monken is the kind of guy to inspire young men to make that extra play.

The same clowns that sat quiet when we were competitive and pulled big upsets on Thursday nights are the same ones being the most outspoken against someone that could carry CPJs torch and GTs football identity into a new era.

Or...we can go back to having superstars like Calvin Johnsons, Tashard Choices, and a host of NFL defensive talent and still drop 5-6 games a year with pro style run of the mill coaches. Hey, but at least we throw the ball again, right? Just like everybody else.

This board of late makes me want to eat a gunpowder and led sandwich. CPJ is dead on about the revisionist history. CPJ is literally a hall of fame coach who chose to come here and fix our broken ass program, and some of our idiot fanbases spit on him and the system that won him multiple championships, half a dozen coach of the years, and made us unique and interesting. Not to mention, how his minions have gone on to turn around other horrible programs as well.

GT fans are about the biggest issue with our program, at least were finally doing something about money, uniforms and facilities, but god some of our fans would be better off at the country club cheating at golf on Saturdays then participating in the program or watching football.
It's hard to argue when I stopped watching the Pitt game at the half and went to walk 18 at the club and wasn't the only tech fan there. I don't hate the offense, though, just bad metrics that overstate its effectiveness.

There will never be a way to vindicate CPJ to the CPJ haters. If our team does worse now, to them it'll be because CPJ set the program back, not because CPJ was better.

He's leaving the next person a 7-win bowl-bound team. The next person has enough to at least be a bowl team next year or the year after
I dunno. Our talent level both on paper and on the field is below everyone else in the ACC, even the teams we crush routinely. Our OL and DL, in particular, are very small. We lack team speed. I think the defense has a couple decent players but also some guys who would be struggling for playing time on most P5 schools. The offense has backs who run to spots rather than read blocks and find a hole. We have WRs that are bad. Do we have a QB on the roster confirmed who can throw the ball?

I say all this and I’ve always liked the TO offense. It’s unique and quirky but the long term erosion on our talent made me grow restless with it as the years progressed. In particular, I always wondered whatever happened to the run and shoot version of the offense he was supposed to bring with him?

tl;dr I like the TO but it does make recruiting much harder

Fans of the triple option should start a pledge. If Stansbury hires Monken and people do not renew season tickets due to the offense, fans who want the 3 option to stay should buy SEason Tickets 3:1 to replace them.

Yep, you will need to do that to put 37k fannies in the seats for a big conference game.

Everyone knows we can win running this offense with the right mix of personnel and discipline. If your rant is calling people morons that disagree with that premise then I agree with you. I'd be more than happy keeping it IF we can get the personnel to win with it at the highest level under CPJ or anyone else because as it stands now our margin of error is ööööing razor-thin to nonexistent

Monken is not PJ lite. People on this board are assuming every spread option or 3O coach is the same is about as retarded as thinking every RPO or shotgun coach are the same.

Monken is not like CPJ and many guys have personally attested to Monken's personality and fight.

CPJ has been exhausted at tech for the last few years. Monken has many years left.

Personality, determination, looking at "old ideas" through a fresh lens doesnt mean its "antiquated".

Let's be honest. GT football was trash right before CPJ. Who else remembers loosing the ACC to wake? Who remembers having pro style offenses with NFL talent and routinely winning only 7 or 8 games with it?

Who remembers all the years below average coaches with every worse programs had success against us?

We faded behind when everyone else was modernizing. We spent near the least on football as any other P5 school.

CPJ and the SO gave us a new identify. CPJ and the SO went into Athens and upset the mutts. We upset Clemson. We upset FSU. We upset Miami.

Weve been the thorn in the side of everyone since cpj has been here.

Weve had a few bad years as CPJ got tired, old, stubborn and outcoached.

That in no way discredits anyone who learned and coached under CPJ. In fact Monken will probably be one of the big "what ifs" as he ends up putting up winning seasons at army. ARMY.

Do you guys understand just how garbage west point is for a football player to go to? The worst of the academies for years and years.

Oh, and a lot of the idiots around here who have no idea. Guys like CPJ, Moneken, Ken at Navy, these are guys who actually teach discipline, respect, teamwork, and academics, team, and school before themselves or any NFL dreams.

That's why CPJ was perfect for Navy. Why Monken will continue to succeed at Army.

And why we will fail at Tech again and drop 90% to ugag/clemson/fsu/miami as soon as we hire another ordinary go with the flow coach.

A lot of morons that haven't even attended a cpj era game sure are experts on offenses, recruiting and coaching all of a sudden.

CPJ grew predictable the last couple years, but who remembers when Monken was here? He's would be breath of fresh air to the program while retaining our respected identity as an out of place engineering institution that can compete with the big dogs.

Dude, you're right. However, it would be tone deaf not to hear the 40% of Tech fans who are also tired of a purely running offense. I think the future at Tech may well include going back to the option at some point, but Monken can be had 3-5 years down the road if we want to do that. Right now it's time to take a swing at a high-risk/high-reward candidate. Later, if that fails, as you're certain it will, our fans will have a much greater appetite to going back to days of CPJ, which are only going to grow in legend.

Opponents of the 3O should pledge right now to buy season tickets if we change offensive schemes.

I pledge to buy more and donate more money to A-T ( or initiative. Wherever GT says they need it)

Looking forward to either Collins or Elliott.

Having nothing to do with love/hate of 3O - you really think that Friedgen’s O was not better than what Dodd put out?

Mother of Pearl.

It does suck that we fired CPJ. He was underpaid all those years and yet he never quit on us - he never just walked away from it all. Hell, he practically worked for free! This firing is a grave injustice.

So you are calling CPJ a liar? Because he retired and said the very opposite of what you claimed.

So you are calling CPJ a liar? Because he retired and said the very opposite of what you claimed.

If CPJ was fired, he wouldn't be coaching the bowl game. If CPJ was told to retire, he would be receiving a payout.

If CPJ was fired, he wouldn't be coaching the bowl game. If CPJ was told to retire, he would be receiving a payout.
Do we know he's not receiving a payout? I thought he was due 1 million if he decided to retire.

Do people realize Monken just signed a Multi-Year deal with Army last year? He’s not coming to GT, they would take Bohannon before him.

Oh, for what it's worth, our fans suck. Every away game shows us how horrible our fanbase has been for the last 25 damn years.

I live near wake, and sometimes I attention wake games. They get better crowds with garbage teams and creampuff opponents than we do for primetime games against top 10 opponents.

Which coincidently, cpj actually beat top 10 teams here. Wheres the thumbs up and whiskey drinking emojis???
Too bad you can’t back this up with facts, Wake didn’t have one game this season that had more attendance than Tech, but please continue to lie and slander the program you’re a “Fan” of.

Back