Monken is not PJ lite, and the 3O should stay.

One thing Monken might do better than CPJ is pay some attention to Defense. God knows CPJ hated ours and did everything he could to kick it under the bus at every opportunity.

I am certainly not "in the know", but what I have heard from Monken is that he likes being at West Point, his values align with the Academy's, and he's not looking to leave. What makes us believe that he would even consider an offer to come to Tech? I've never been to West Point, but Annapolis is almost hallowed ground and I imagine West Point is similar. Way, way bigger than football, and yet they play football too.
$$$$$$

I'm to the point where I want us to hire Wisenhunt and become the laughing stock of the ACC for a half decade just so the option haters will crawl back under a rock.

I'm to the point where I want us to hire Wisenhunt and become the laughing stock of the ACC for a half decade just so the option haters will crawl back under a rock.
At least we would have “gone big.”

I am certainly not "in the know", but what I have heard from Monken is that he likes being at West Point, his values align with the Academy's, and he's not looking to leave. What makes us believe that he would even consider an offer to come to Tech? I've never been to West Point, but Annapolis is almost hallowed ground and I imagine West Point is similar. Way, way bigger than football, and yet they play football too.

After leaving PJ at GT & as GSU's HC Monken said he was very happy not to have the troubles he had with GSU and GT players off the field. His job is Much easer at Army.

I'm the opposite, I just want to hire Monken at this point so these vaginas get so sandy we'll have to establish them as new beaches.

We get it. You’re afraid that without the TO tech football will be irrelevant and mediocre.

Wait that’s how it always is 85% of the time

It was retire or be retired

Everything kind of pointed to TS wanting 1 more year to prepare. I don’t think CPJ wanted to get retired. At the same time, it does look like the 2017 took everything out of him and that 2018 was about not going out on a losing season.

In. I'm totally fine with losing the retards that pretend that CPJ didn't field the best offense Tech has seen since Dodd was coach.

"Hurr durr we should aim higher than setting an NCAA record for 3rd down conversion rate"
Ummm...no. If it had been the best offense since Dodd, we would have won a NC with it like we did with Friedgen's in 1990.

Sometimes, just sometimes, there is an n allegiance to a University that overrides money and prestige. It is not fond very often anymore but maybe Monken

Ummm...no. If it had been the best offense since Dodd, we would have won a NC with it like we did with Friedgen's in 1990.

Please give me the date of the Dodd era, his stats on the offense and defense & schemes he ran for both.
It's kind of hard to compare different eras, still you can if you want to.

I'm going to let you figure out why this is wrong
It isn't. Dodd's last year @ Tech was 1966. We won a NC in 1990 with Friedgen calling plays. We never sniffed a NC with Johnson's offense.

I spent 2 weeks there as a HS recruit in 1986 - it's THE most beautiful, storied, legendary campus in America. I hope he continues his success there.

GO ARMY
BEAT NAVY

Another Scheme First, School Second guy rears his head.

Oh let me guess. You're one of the "but but statistics" guys?

:ugh:
Lets put Dodd vs ERK or PJ at GSU. A tDodds time their was no D1 difference with FCS1aa having 63 scholarships or with FBS having 85.

Why do I want this comparison? Because a GT fan gave me a pint of 180 proof Shine and dared me! :crapstorm:

Back