Monken is not PJ lite, and the 3O should stay.

I'm the opposite, I just want to hire Monken at this point so these vaginas get so sandy we'll have to establish them as new beaches.

Hiring Monken = more 7 win seasons, ööööty/missed bowls, annual blowout losses to the mutts and Clemson, "IIWII" and "He's the best we can possibly do for Tech" bullshit.

no thanks.

no, just someone that understands there are three phases of football
Do you also understand then that one of those phases might have an effect on the others?

We've been through what...4 defensive coordinators during Johnson's tenure?

Either Johnson is a monumentally bad judge of DC's or there is actually something to the belief that practicing primarily against the TO during spring practices and early fall practices hurts a defense. When you can't go 1 v 1's and let your defense see a traditional offense and the only time they see one is the scout team? Oh yeah...no way that could ever hurt your defense. </sarcasm>

Hiring Monken = more 7 win seasons, ööööty/missed bowls, annual blowout losses to the mutts and Clemson, "IIWII" and "He's the best we can possibly do for Tech" bullshit.

no thanks.

We can use a different scheme to gain an advantage over Clemson and uga, can recruit superior athletes than them (so it won't matter), or can find a coach who can run Clemson or uga's schemes better than they can.

Which do you suggest is the most realistic avenue for success? Bear in mind our coach budget

We can use a different scheme to gain an advantage over Clemson and uga, can recruit superior athletes than them (so it won't matter), or can find a coach who can run Clemson or uga's schemes better than they can.

Which do you suggest is the most realistic avenue for success? Bear in mind our coach budget

I don't want a pro set and don't think many people run that scheme anyway in the NCAA. I'd like to see a spread scheme that actually throws that ball rather than uses it to run 30 ööööing QB keepers every game. I'd like to see our WRs getting 4-5 catches/game so that we can start getting good WR recruits again. I definitely want a ton of shotgun formation packages. When you have a ööööty OL, as we've had more often than not (combined with a midget-sized QB), it's asinine to put 'em under center in obvious passing plays. That öööö has to stop.

Also, and what's getting overlooked in all the Offensive Scheme stuff, I'd like a guy who is more of a HC than an OC. A guy who puts equal value on the Def. side of the ball, when it comes to recruiting, etc. Also a HC who can always have a competent Wells-like PK trotting out there, so that none of us are watching FG attempts through our fingers.

UGA took a risk and hired a new HC with greater aspirations. They could've continued with Richt and won 9-10 games every year while not seriously competing for titles. UGA wanted more. They knew Smart could've been Muschamp 2.0 taking them to lows they hadn't seen in 15+ years, but they rolled the dice to win more. That paid off. Some of you beta-ass, risk-averse engineers are pathetic in your desire to aim higher, even if it means taking a risk. Pussies.

The neutered version of the offense we ran this year was not the 3O. I want us to run an offense that gives us a chance of winning long term. I don't think that's going to be implemented by Monken. Furthermore, even if we accept the position that it's best to continue running the option, there has been nothing in Monken's history that makes me believe he will improve our defense and special teams. Ultimately, our failings have been in recruiting, player development, talent evaluation, game preparation, and maintaining enthusiasm in the program.

I don't want a pro set and don't think many people run that scheme anyway in the NCAA. I'd like to see a spread scheme that actually throws that ball rather than uses it to run 30 ööööing QB keepers every game. I'd like to see our WRs getting 4-5 catches/game so that we can start getting good WR recruits again. I definitely want a ton of shotgun formation packages. When you have a ööööty OL, as we've had more often than not (combined with a midget-sized QB), it's asinine to put 'em under center in obvious passing plays. That öööö has to stop.

Also, and what's getting overlooked in all the Offensive Scheme stuff, I'd like a guy who is more of a HC than an OC. A guy who puts equal value on the Def. side of the ball, when it comes to recruiting, etc. Also a HC who can always have a competent Wells-like PK trotting out there, so that none of us are watching FG attempts through our fingers.

So you advocate rolling the dice and hoping we pick up an up-and-comer that can run the same schemes as Clemson and uga with inferior athletes for less money.

I'm not saying it isnt possible, but assuming cu and uga continue to be playoff contenders, the odds are rough.

So you advocate rolling the dice and hoping we pick up an up-and-comer that can run the same schemes as Clemson and uga with inferior athletes for less money.

I'm not saying it isnt possible, but assuming cu and uga continue to be playoff contenders, the odds are rough.

I'd rather do anything than what we were. Starting in August, we had 4 guaranteed losses before the first kickoff, now that both Duke and Pitt have passed us. Recruiting was stagnant, attendance was declining, and we were never going to beat Clemson nor the mutts again under CPJ. (Don't bring up 2016 - these mutt teams are 100x better than those Richt losers).

We've become irrelevant under CPJ. Thanks for the memories, enjoy your $30+ Million in pay - time to try something different, for the better of the school.

So yes, I'm glad CPJ's quitting is forcing us to roll the dice rather than continue this stagnation.

I'd rather do anything than what we were. Starting in August, we had 4 guaranteed losses before the first kickoff, now that both Duke and Pitt have passed us. Recruiting was stagnant, attendance was declining, and we were never going to beat Clemson nor the mutts again under CPJ. (Don't bring up 2016 - these mutt teams are 100x better than those Richt losers).

We've become irrelevant under CPJ. Thanks for the memories, enjoy your $30+ Million in pay - time to try something different, for the better of the school.

So yes, I'm glad CPJ's quitting is forcing us to roll the dice rather than continue this stagnation.
I'm not suggesting we have to stick with the 3/o, but us running the same schemes as our most difficult opponents and expecting them not to be auto losses seems rather farcical. It's predicated entirely on a coaching genius we can afford or a recruiting jump that exceeds gaileys best class.

Saying duke has "passed us" is false. They've beaten us recently, but they've only been higher in the coastal standings twice in the last decade (13 when they won the coastal, 15 when we sucked).

Saying duke has "passed us" is false. They've beaten us recently, but they've only been higher in the coastal standings twice in the last decade (13 when they won the coastal, 15 when we sucked).
Idk the obsession with duke lately on here. Wouldn’t you want to have the chance to beat better competition? How many times has candy beat floppy cock lately? Does that mean they’re better? öööö no.

Idk the obsession with duke lately on here. Wouldn’t you want to have the chance to beat better competition? How many times has candy beat floppy cock lately? Does that mean they’re better? öööö no.

Duke's a pretty decent comparison to us IMO. Good academics, restricted recruiting, smallish school (in terms of students). Also in the Coastal. Pitt is another. Neither Duke, GT, nor Pitt are factories. None of us are loaded with cash. Not one of the 3 of us is recruiting much better than the other 2.

Yet both are beating us regularly the past 5 years or so.

And 4 of 5 losses the past 5 years is more of a trend than a fluke.

Duke right now is the best duke will ever be. We have and will be better again

Duke's a pretty decent comparison to us IMO. Good academics, restricted recruiting, smallish school (in terms of students). Also in the Coastal. Pitt is another. Neither Duke, GT, nor Pitt are factories. None of us are loaded with cash. Not one of the 3 of us is recruiting much better than the other 2.

Yet both are beating us regularly the past 5 years or so.

And 4 of 5 losses the past 5 years is more of a trend than a fluke.
Revisionist history strikes again. Tech is 3-3 against Pitt over the last 6 years, with all of Pitt's wins by a touchdown or less, and all of Tech wins by at least two scores. Just admit you hate Tech, we all know you do.

The neutered version of the offense we ran this year was not the 3O. I want us to run an offense that gives us a chance of winning long term. I don't think that's going to be implemented by Monken. Furthermore, even if we accept the position that it's best to continue running the option, there has been nothing in Monken's history that makes me believe he will improve our defense and special teams. Ultimately, our failings have been in recruiting, player development, talent evaluation, game preparation, and maintaining enthusiasm in the program.

You can’t honestly believe this...he took a team that was previously not in the playoffs at GSU and went to the semifinals and it wasn’t just offensive improvement. He took Army to the top 25 and allowed only 28 against oklahoma. You are just anti-option. Just ööööing admit it and stop pussy footing around it. It’s ok. It’s just dumb.

Back