More info to complain ;-) 2003 Official Schedule

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
2003 Official GT Football Schedule. It's all a matter of how you view things, but on StingTalk this will probably bring out the complaining.
tongue.gif
Well, not only complaining but the negativity will probably be out in full force as well here.

Link: http://theacc.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011703aai.html

Let's start out with some positives!

I'm excited to see Auburn again on Grant Field. Auburn away is a hoot as well. Calloway Gardens for the overnighter.

Originally posted by 71Bee:
Let's start out with some positives!

I'm excited to see Auburn again on Grant Field. Auburn away is a hoot as well. Calloway Gardens for the overnighter.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thank you!! Is nice to hear a positive. Didn't know if anyone on the board had it in them! Goodness, your idea of Calloway Gardens is awesome. That's a dead ringer!!

The worst part about this schedule is the fact that we have a bye week on October 18th, then a thursday game on the 23rd, then another bye week on November 1.

That's 2 bye-weeks in 3, which makes no sense. Also, that's 3 consecutive Saturdays without Tech football, which sucks.

Just MHO. The schedule is challenging and we'll know what our team is made of after 4 games for sure.

I'm being sarcastic. Its a great schedule and look forward to it. Tough first 4 games!

drinking.gif
Win or lose, we drink the booze!

Originally posted by bugboy:
The worst part about this schedule is the fact that we have a bye week on October 18th, then a thursday game on the 23rd, then another bye week on November 1.

That's 2 bye-weeks in 3, which makes no sense. Also, that's 3 consecutive Saturdays without Tech football, which sucks.

Just MHO. The schedule is challenging and we'll know what our team is made of after 4 games for sure.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Make some very good points. Thing is around here it's probably going to suck no matter what the schedule is like.
wink.gif

I think we'll be favored in 4 games...

Dook, Vandy, Wake and UNC.

After that, we'll probably be the underdog in the other 8 games. Heck, we may not be favored against Wake.

Clemson might be a pick'em.

Tough schedule. If we can go 8-4 against this schedule, I'll be very pleased. 9-3 would be a wet dream.

Generally, I like to look at schedules in a different view. It's interesting to take the OPPOSITION'S SCHEDULE to see what they are coming off of and who they might be looking ahead to.

That being said, here goes:

Aug 28, at BYU (Their opener as well)

Sept 6, vs Auburn (no schedule release from Auburn yet)

Sept 13, at FSU (The Noles host Maryland the week before, and will host Colorado on the 20th. Probably the best possible time we could go to Tally IMO)

Sept 20, vs Clemson (The Tigers host Middle Tenn. St. the week before and have a bye week on the 27th. They start out the season with home games vs UGA and then Furman)

Sept 27, at Vandy (Doesn't really matter what the Commodores have before and after does it? Besides, their schedule's not released yet)

Oct 4, NC State (The Wolfpack host their HUGE in-state rival UNC on Sept 27 and host UCONN on Oct 11)

Oct 11, at Wake (Oddly enough, the Deacon's schedule has yet to be released but they are at Duke on Oct 18th)

Oct 18th BYE WEEK

Oct 23rd (Thurs) vs Maryland (The Terps come off a bye week and host UNC on Nov 1st)

Nov 8th, at Duke (Get this! Nov 1st at Tennessee and Nov 15th at Clemson)

Nov 15th UNC (host Wake on the 8th and host Duke on the 22nd)

Nov 22nd, at Virginia (The Cavs come off a bye week following a Thurs night game but host their rival, Virginia Tech on the 29th)

Nov 29th, UGA (No release from Athens yet)

at least we will know early where we are at. If we dont go .500 in the first 4 games I think we will need to make some serious assessments.

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
Generally, I like to look at schedules in a different view. It's interesting to take the OPPOSITION'S SCHEDULE to see what they are coming off of and who they might be looking ahead to.

That being said, here goes:
Sept 6, vs Auburn (no schedule release from Auburn yet)

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Interesting take...FYI, Auburn hosts USC (Trojans) before they play us in one of the potentially great early season matchups.

I hope that we can get a split of the first four or else the team may quit on the staff and Gailey would definitely be gone then...

I'm just ready to know the times so i can see how many games i can make this year.We will find out early what we got.GO TECH!!!!!!

Interesting take...FYI, Auburn hosts USC (Trojans) before they play us in one of the potentially great early season matchups.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's great news. Forgot about their series with So Cal.

Also of note, Tony Hollings first game back is against the team that injured him. How many carries would you suspect in this game vs an opponent that will probably be inviting to run against?

Toughest 5 opponents IMHO
1. vs Maryland
2. at FSU
3. vs Auburn
4. vs UGA
5. at Virginia

OI don't ever see myself looking forward to toe meeting leather against NC, NC St, WF, Dook. Bleh[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What main schools would you like so see GT play in place of those teams? Saying if you weren't tied to the ACC.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OI don't ever see myself looking forward to toe meeting leather against NC, NC St, WF, Dook. Bleh
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What main schools would you like so see GT play in place of those teams? Saying if you weren't tied to the ACC.
drinking.gif
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't know who you are asking. Someone else made the statement about NCST, UNC, Duke, and Wake. Maybe you were asking them. I sure wouldn't want to play UAB for example instead of any of those teams. NCST and UNC are two of my favorite games in all honesty, so I'm not one to really answer your question. Just thought I'd throw this out. To me being tied to a conference means a lot. Kind of a hard question. Sounds like bait to me.

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't ever see myself looking forward to toe meeting leather against NC, NC St, WF, Dook. Bleh
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What main schools would you like so see GT play in place of those teams? Saying if you weren't tied to the ACC.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Any Pac-10 team, any Big-10(11) team EXCEPT Indiana, any Big 12 Team EXCEPT the 2 kansas teams, any SEC team EXCEPT vanderbilt or kentucky.

I prefer a matchup with Vanderbilt(from a power conference with a big name like the SEC)
over a matchup with say a Conf-USA or MAC opponent. Not saying that most Conf-USA or MAC teams could not beat VAndy. All I'm saying is the conference from which they come is better.

Back