More info to complain ;-) 2003 Official Schedule

My only complaint is that there are 4 schools from the state of North Carolina on our schedule. There is nothing less exciting than playing basketball schools in football. I don't ever see myself looking forward to toe meeting leather against NC, NC St, WF, Dook. Bleh

Originally posted by bugboy:
The worst part about this schedule is the fact that we have a bye week on October 18th, then a thursday game on the 23rd, then another bye week on November 1.

That's 2 bye-weeks in 3, which makes no sense. Also, that's 3 consecutive Saturdays without Tech football, which sucks.

Just MHO. The schedule is challenging and we'll know what our team is made of after 4 games for sure.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good point on the bye weeks, bugboy. And what's up with scheduling Auburn, F$U and Climpsun all in a row. I know CU is down, but they always give GT fits regardless, and the Climpsun game is historically the turning point of the season.

Looks like the ACC scheduling committee gave us the short end of the schtick!
shocked.gif

Originally posted by DustJacket:
My only complaint is that there are 4 schools from the state of North Carolina on our schedule. There is nothing less exciting than playing basketball schools in football. I don't ever see myself looking forward to toe meeting leather against NC, NC St, WF, Dook. Bleh
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dust Jacket, Your saying that like there aren't 4 teams from the state of NC on our scedule EVERY YEAR!!

this is evidence enough Gailey has led our program to the bottom in one short year - now the simple release of the schedule is cause for weeping and knashing of teeth. If you guys think you feel bad in January, wait till kickoff and the results start pouring in.

As for predictions, I'm not sure where some of you are finding seven wins. Wouldn't be so sure to count those quick wins over Duke or Vandy either - both were getting better while we weren't at season's end. UNC, despite a coach like ours, just had a superb recruiting year. On the road vs. BYU doesnt look promising. I think its obvious where we stand vs. Maryland, NCState, Ga, and Virginia.

The cold harsh reality of this hasn't sunk in yet on a few - you enter this season with a true freshman (none of which will even be here in spring), and you court disaster.

Let's be positive though - this gives alot of experience to the returning players and a new, start from scratch coach in 04. Usually when the roof caves in they clear the bench and let alot of people play. The other positive is that Gailey did not heed Furman Bishers advice and make wholesale changes - that would of just bought him more time. The sooner we get this mess over with the better.

fatherwasp, if the measure of a coach is whether fans are complaining about nothing then every coach in the country is in trouble. Personally I don't care whether we're favored or not preseason. It means nothing until the games start. If we don't show improvement then there is cause for concern. If we do, then hopefully we'll be able to talk about football instead of whining about all this other crap.

ncjacket, would you please get with the program and panic like the rest of us? Sheesh. Some people are just not team players.

Hey NC Jacket.."every coach in the country is in trouble" Think Richt is in trouble, think Fridge is in trouble, think Groh is in trouble, think Amato is in trouble.. I don't think so.

Gailey ain't in trouble either...yet. If recruiting sucks and we go 4-8 or so next year then I will love to see what you and BellySeries have to say!

Let's all enjoy the season of anticipation (Now-Aug) before the season of discontent (Aug-Nov) arrives.

This schedule reminds me of the years that we were an Independent. Year in and year out we played one of, if not the toughest schedules in the country. The records were not always great but GT maintain a great deal of respect by all. I just hope the team plays as hard as it did in those bygone years.

yellowjacket, read my post. Every coach has detractors, even at Ga, Md, etc. There are always fans complaining about something. That was my point.

Back