Most Gt fans like Mark Richt....

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Come on Beebad your constant twists and tries at attacking Gailey have gotten old..People know your agenda now..So every post you give now has no credibility...

You know, ive talked to numerous Tech fans that geniunely like Mark Richt..Its in peoples nature to like Nice guys..Both Mark Richt and Chan Gailey are nice guys..Probably 2 of the nicest Head coaches in all of college football..So dont use that pathetic twist to suit your agenda...

2 years ago ahen Richt personally flubbed those 2 games for Uga at the end of the game with those stupid moves, I along with a lot of Tech fans were making fun of him and saying we loved him as Ugags coach... My how things change quickly.. So dont look up as soon as you do your little agenda will fade as Gailey WILL win big for us over time...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Come on Beebad your constant twists and tries at attacking Gailey have gotten old..People know your agenda now..So every post you give now has no credibility...

You know, ive talked to numerous Tech fans that geniunely like Mark Richt..Its in peoples nature to like Nice guys..Both Mark Richt and Chan Gailey are nice guys..Probably 2 of the nicest Head coaches in all of college football..So dont use that pathetic twist to suit your agenda...

2 years ago ahen Richt personally flubbed those 2 games for Uga at the end of the game with those stupid moves, I along with a lot of Tech fans were making fun of him and saying we loved him as Ugags coach... My how things change quickly.. So dont look up as soon as you do your little agenda will fade as Gailey WILL win big for us over time...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Big difference, BW.. Mark Rich didn't humiliate his family, his friends, his university & the fans by losing 51-7...

I've played a lot of sports, gotten my ass whipped many times.. Got booed sometimes... could could give 2 rips if anyone "supported" me or not.. could care less if there was 50 bulletin boards on the internet devoted to ripping me... Its called self-confidence.. Do you guys not have any??

LOL.. Beebad.. I hate to say it, but you dont sound like a very good athlete...

Beebad you not only need to change your name to Buuuull dawg but you need a history lesson....

Our past Head Coaches against Ugag:

1. Bill Alexander: Early on in his career here at the Flats in 1931 lost to Ugag 35-6. In 1941 lost 21-0. In 1942 lost 34-0. In 1943 lost 48-0. And in 1944 lost 44-0. Thats some pretty good Whuppins BUT we didnt fire him and he won quit abit over his stay against those Hated scandrels from athens...

2. Bobby Dodd : In 1945 (His VERY 1st year as Hc..Sound familiar) Lost to Georgia 33-0. In 1946 lost 35-7 to them. In other words His 1st 2 years at the flats he suffered 2 good butt whoopins... The key is we stuck with him and the rest is history.. One of the greatest coaches af ALL time and he put a lot of Butt whoopins on those Georgeee Buuuuldawgs.

3.George Oleary : In 1994 (His very 1st year as our Head Coach)..He took a 48-10 Butt whoopin his 1st try against those Athens convicts.. in fact he lost to Ugag every year his 1st 4 years here...OUCH !!!!!!!!!

So why dont you SHUT THE HECK UP..Start supporting our program or take the hike up I-85 to Muttville....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">34-0 at halftime, could've been 75-0 had Richt not called off the dawgs... othing compared to last year, don't even try...

You're running around here trying to prop gailey up... You appear desperate....

Talk about intelligence..I just gave you the facts and you are in attack mode and angry..This shows ALL: the type you are...Your not going to show anyone any football..You DONT know it....

You CANT confront facts..Your just immature A kid we all should and WILL start ignoring...

Talk about intelligence..I just gave you the facts and you are in attack mode and angry..This shows ALL: the type you are...Your not going to show anyone any football..You DONT know it....

You CANT confront facts..Your just immature A kid we all should and WILL start ignoring...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">School starts tomorrow.. get a good night's sleep...

...and of course Richt gets plenty of blame for the totally inept game plan that scored no points against Oklahoma in the National Championship game just before he came to UGAg. They did have a safety, so I guess that's something. Just ask any FSU fan.

As a Tech fan I respect Richt, lets compare his tenure. Tremedous improvement from one year to the next and two GREAT recruiting years including DJShockley. Let me see he can find time for Shockley who is playing behind the SEC player of the year but we cannot find time for Bilbo the number 1 rated quaterback in the nation when he was recruited. Hmmmm. Also, a major difference in quickly addressing the UGA alumni in his gaffs and taking all the blame for the losses. The teams that Blackwatch pointed out for our past good coaches that got pounded by UGA were terrible and left by previous coaches who had poor recruiting years. Gailey had a good team last year that should have at least been close to UGA if not be able to win the game.

Gtmg....Are you saying Bill Alexander left the cupboard bare for Bobby Dodd who took over??? Wrong....Two VERY good Coaches Those Dodd and Alexander fellows... Just goes to show you that ALMOST ALWAYS.. When a new guy takes over there is a 1 to 2 year transistion....

BeeBad, How did Mark Richt humiliate you? He did not humiliate me. I don't feel humiliated in the least bit. In fact, I did not play in the game, so could not be humiliated.

I am not exactly thrilled any time my team loses, but I will not take credit for the loss nor the win.

If Tech loses, does that make you less of a person? If Tech wins, does that make you more of a person? If you think so, you have no confidence. It means your confidence depends on how someone else performs.

If you felt humiliated by someone else losing, maybe you don't have the confidence you are trying to suggest on your post.

If you have two opposing players walking by each other on the court or on the field, and one player says to the other, "we are going to beat your butts", and the other one just smiles with a twinkle in his eye and keeps walking, which one do you think has the most confidence?

The confidence does not come in words, but in the action of the competition.

Father Time

Blackwatch, I am saying that Curry left it low for Ross and it Lewis left it empty for O'Leary to talk about a different error. Lets remember black athletes were not involved then and you had unlimited recruits. You could just stockpile people on the bench. By the way Coach Dodd's 1st year team was devastated by the war. I think it was 1944.

One more thing on the nice side, I will tell you that that when I met BL he was one of the most engaging and nice people that you could ever meet and I would think most people who met him would say the same. He was not succesful at Tech and what I see as very similiar issues to Gailey. We should be able to learn from our past.

Originally posted by gtmg:
We should be able to learn from our past.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">really?

well, if we want to learn from the past, it will tell you that at georgia tech, no coaching transition has been smooth since and including bobby dodd.

Gtmg...HUGE Difference...Bill Lewis Had nowhere near the Credentials Chan Has... Developing the likes of Emmitt Smith, Kordell Stewart, John Elway and Head coach of The Dallas Cowboys...Now thats a HUGE difference..

That being said..Does that mean he will be the next Bobby Dodd..No one knows, but He at LEAST gets 3 to 4 Years to be judged...

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by gtmg:

well, if we want to learn from the past, it will tell you that at georgia tech, no coaching transition has been smooth since and including bobby dodd.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please see above post and note that Dodd took over during the war years and that is why his first team struggled. Lets look at his record since all you guys want to compare CG to Dodd.

1945 4-6
1946 8-2
1947 9-1

If Gailey can do that I will be glad to say that I was totally wrong and he is the next coming of Dodd. I hope he learns how to talk to press and alumni like Dodd did.

Beebad you not only need to change your name to Buuuull dawg but you need a history lesson....

1. Bill Alexander: Early on in his career here at the Flats in 1931 lost to Ugag 35-6. In 1941 lost 21-0. In 1942 lost 34-0. In 1943 lost 48-0. And in 1944 lost 44-0. Thats some pretty good Whuppins BUT we didnt fire him and he won quit abit over his stay against those Hated scandrels from athens...

2. Bobby Dodd : In 1945 (His VERY 1st year as Hc..Sound familiar) Lost to Georgia 33-0. In 1946 lost 35-7 to them. In other words His 1st 2 years at the flats he suffered 2 good butt whoopins... The key is we stuck with him and the rest is history.. One of the greatest coaches af ALL time and he put a lot of Butt whoopins on those Georgeee Buuuuldawgs.

3.George Oleary : In 1994 (His very 1st year as our Head Coach)..He took a 48-10 Butt whoopin his 1st try against those Athens convicts.. in fact he lost to Ugag every year his 1st 4 years here...OUCH !!!!!!!!!

So why dont you SHUT THE HECK UP..Start supporting our program or take the hike up I-85 to Muttville....

Originally posted by gtmg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by gtmg:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please see above post and note that Dodd took over during the war years and that is why his first team struggled. Lets look at his record since all you guys want to compare CG to Dodd.

1945 4-6
1946 8-2
1947 9-1

If Gailey can do that I will be glad to say that I was totally wrong and he is the next coming of Dodd. I hope he learns how to talk to press and alumni like Dodd did.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">sigh .. no .. i didn't compare gailey to dodd although there are similarities.

i made a blanket statement that covers every coaching transition at georgia tech since and including bobby dodd.

here is the statement that i stand by .. read it very carefully since you seem eager to learn from history.

history suggests that no coaching transition at georgia tech has been smooth since and including bobby dodd.

go look up every coaching transition at georgia tech. it has never looked good at the beginning. some coaching changes have worked out, some have not. what is common is that no coach started off quick from the get go.

bee_hive_lg_wht.gif

To der lumberyard!

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">34-0 at halftime, could've been 75-0 had Richt not called off the dawgs... othing compared to last year, don't even try...

You're running around here trying to prop gailey up... You appear desperate....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well its obvious you werent sitting in the stands for the 1975 game.. because if you were.. you would not have made this post... if Vince had not called off the dogs it could have been that bad too.. Tech didnt show up at all that night.. and Georgia hit on all cylinders.. much like last year..

And by the way.. I am not one of the ones who likes Richt.. I have a much different opinion of the man.

Back