Most Gt fans like Mark Richt....

gtmg, just one little note. Don't give Richt credit for two "great" recruiting years. First tell me the last bad or mediocre recruiting year Ugag had? The almost automatically get a great year because they are 1) a large school with majors in virtually anything, 2) full of great looking women to attract 18 yr olds, 3) a football factory in the old sense, and 4) the favorite team of almost every kid growing up in GA. There is a reason Spurier used to make fun of them. The #1 recruiting classes with no rings to show for it.

Give Richt credit for doing something with his recruits, but they'd have to try to have a bad year.

I had several conversations last year with Ray Goff about Tech and UGA, Ray said that if he had a son he would rather the young man be learing from Chan rather than Mark. I did not get the indication it was bad blood but a true football thing.

Oh yea, a real Tech man likes nothing about UGA, Athens or Clarke County, will not allow his wife to be seen in public wearing red and will never own or rent a red car.
wink.gif

Originally posted by gtmg:
Please see above post and note that Dodd took over during the war years and that is why his first team struggled. Lets look at his record since all you guys want to compare CG to Dodd.

1945 4-6
1946 8-2
1947 9-1
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Didn't everybody else have to deal with the "war years", as well?

This GT fan does not like anything that has a big black elongated G on it or associated with it... hate the colors, the school, the fans, the students, the athletes, the athletic heritage, the stadium, all the people with G insignia on their damn vehicles, etc., ad nauseum.

The good Rev. Richt will be praying that asswhippins received are kept to a minimum this year because they definitely will be receiving them.

Originally posted by JJacket:
...and of course Richt gets plenty of blame for the totally inept game plan that scored no points against Oklahoma in the National Championship game just before he came to UGAg. They did have a safety, so I guess that's something. Just ask any FSU fan.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As far as the Dawgs are concerned - everyday Chan Gailey is at GT - they are licking their chops!!!! It's sickening to have to listen to but unfortunately their coaching situation is well established, I wish we could be in their boat right now!!

Do I wish he hadn't - hell yes! But, he's not going anywhere and he's one of the brightest YOUNG coaches around - I just wish it were US talking about him here!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:
...and of course Richt gets plenty of blame for the totally inept game plan that scored no points against Oklahoma in the National Championship game just before he came to UGAg. They did have a safety, so I guess that's something. Just ask any FSU fan.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As far as the Dawgs are concerned - everyday Chan Gailey is at GT - they are licking their chops!!!! It's sickening to have to listen to but unfortunately their coaching situation is well established, I wish we could be in their boat right now!!

Do I wish he hadn't - hell yes! But, he's not going anywhere and he's one of the brightest YOUNG coaches around - I just wish it were US talking about him here!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Go right (Richt?) ahead. Get in their boat.

MsTech...Your mo is the same every weekday around 9:30 am you get on this board all morning and bash Chan..Lets all get a job at BellSouth..It seems you can sit on your rear end all day and collect a paycheck by being on the internet pursuing a career Bashing Chan Gailey and stirring up trouble and dissention amongst GT Fans...

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well Ms Tech.. why dont you go get in their "boat".. although season tickets are sold out over there, I am sure I can get you a pair for the year.. let me know, I will fix you up..

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
There she goes AGAIN.......
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did you think I would leave because of you - quite the opposite - I am now here BECAUSE OF YOU!

OPINION board fella - that's all this is! Coaches are fair game and if this guy doesn't get his act together he's in the game to be disected!
So get ready!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for that.. I am anxious to hear your "X and O" analysis..

Ms. TA, how dare you blaspheme, wishing the Rev. Richt was preaching at the flats!

You should say Three Hail Chans and read from the book of Dodd.

Seriously, I have admired most of what you post, but lately...please get off Chan's back, the guy knows what he's doing and will prove it.

Are you just bored as hell?

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well Ms Tech.. why dont you go get in their "boat".. although season tickets are sold out over there, I am sure I can get you a pair for the year.. let me know, I will fix you up..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are really a sad person - me wanting a successful coach is what everyone wants for their program - looks like you want nothing more the what we've been going through since Chan stepped on campus - I find that interesting for an ex-player and grad!!

ATTACK MODE AGAIN - how surprising for GT alums - I'm surrounded by them - family and friends and we talk about your kind every day and are shocked by the tone of the fans to each other. A

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
MsTech...Your mo is the same every weekday around 9:30 am you get on this board all morning and bash Chan..Lets all get a job at BellSouth..It seems you can sit on your rear end all day and collect a paycheck by being on the internet pursuing a career Bashing Chan Gailey and stirring up trouble and dissention amongst GT Fans...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Seems you do the same - on the other side - we need balance here and it's going to continue if your friend chan doesn't get his act togther soon!

Big difference, BW.. Mark Rich didn't humiliate his family, his friends, his university & the fans by losing 51-7...

I've played a lot of sports, gotten my ass whipped many times.. Got booed sometimes... could could give 2 rips if anyone "supported" me or not.. could care less if there was 50 bulletin boards on the internet devoted to ripping me... Its called self-confidence.. Do you guys not have any??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Glad you weren't in on the "could/couldn't care less" posts. Your "self confidence", otherwise known as being an asshole, might still have it going. Unlike your birth humiliating your family, I am quite sure that Chan's family support him regardless (not irregardless folks, since I'm nitpicking) of the outcome of a football game.

CMR is a good coach (time will tell if he's great) and he seems to be very much a quality person. I would have no problems having him coach my kid. But I also feel the same way about CCG.

Regardless to whatever happens, I'll be at most of the GT games rooting them on and it doesn't matter who the coach is on the sideline. But after the season, another evaluation of the GT athletic hierarchy may be appropriate.

i dont like mark richt. i lost all respect for him in last years game, up 44 to 7 on our 38 yardline he goes for it on fourth and six with a pass, why not run it or punt.

bw said
Developing the likes of Emmitt Smith, Kordell Stewart, John Elway and Head coach of The Dallas Cowboys...Now thats a HUGE difference..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What are you smoking dude?

UGA this, UGA that...Richt this, Richt that...

Stop the madness!

DaveTech,
I won't speak about the others, but I did see an interview on television with Emmett Smith when CG was hired at Tech. And he stated that Chan had taught him several things about playing the running back position that had helped him. He also said that Chan's strength was evaluating people and putting the right people in the right places. He finished the interview by saying that CG was the best teaching coach he had ever played for (and remember that list includes "the old ball coach" from Gainesville).

Hearing that come from Emmett Smith's mouth with my own 2 ears was what has made me decide that no matter what happened in the last 2 games last year, CG deserves more than one year of coaching an injury-plagued team to be judged fairly.

Back