Mr. Swilling speaks of UNIs

Russell is run by Berkshire Hathaway. Cheap bastards. They also own Dairy Queen, the lowliest of the fast food restaurants. I bet Mr. Lorberbaum has a good laugh over bourbon and cigars at who is running Shaw Industries nowadays.
Interviewed at Shaw once. Russell has tried to update our uniforms, wrongly and approved by the AA. We license to anyone who breathes. The fact is we are low priority almost anywhere.

Russell isn't the issue with fan apparel selection, I'm sure that's a combination of mismanagement within the AA and a smaller fan base. However, they are a hindrance with recruiting. Whether it should factor into a recruits decision is debatable, but frankly it does matter to teenagers and it should be obvious from swilling's tweet about "new threads" his sophomore year.

He has no idea what hes going to get or what it will look like but hes still excited enough about the proposition of wearing a different vendor 2 years from now that hes tweeting about it now. Russell just isn't "cool".

They already make GT merchandise. See previous post. It's our AA that is the problem. Russell can have some factory in Indonesia do replica jerseys too. That is not how they are being directed. Pretty much us and Purdue are their major teams and we are not leveraging that. Who's fault is that? Do you think a Nike would spend any time on us?

Purdue is Nike. Southern Miss is the only other Russell school. Yes the other brands make GT apparel, but most folks are referring to team and sideline apparel.

This is what other schools have that we don't by being a Russell Athletic affiliate.

http://shop.georgiadogs.com/COLLEGE_Georgia_Bulldogs_Everything_Nike/partnerid/13616

http://m.garnetandblacktraditions.com/University-of-South-Carolina-Gamecock-Under-Armour/750/dept

Not only is this better quality merchandise but this give fans the uniformity in color we so desperately need

The truth is that Russell has tried (honeycomb). We will not get the same attention from anyone else, just like Oregon (Nike) or Maryland (UA), Russell offers us the best chance. The problem is that their designers suck and breathable underwear are the focus.

Wouldn't it be better to have someone good give us a mediocre effort than someone whose designers suck try really hard and fail?

14045946_1156222024399456_1934978396433190220_n.jpg

Nice job Nike.

The problem is simple... Russell paid GT 20M for 10 years... No other company offered GT that type of deal... Russell Athletic Exec VP Gary Barfield said GT "is probably our premier relationship, and being in Atlanta the proximity allows us to develop things using their athletes." So in 2018... Expect Russell to come back with a 10 year 50M-75M...

So UA, Adidas, or Nike will need to be so worried about the Atlanta Market that they will sweep GT off of their feet with a 10 year 60 to 90M deal! My guess is Nike is not worried about the Atlanta market (or this would have happened in 2008 with a 10 year 30M contract), UA and Adidas both have licensing agreements to sell official GT apparel. Adidas is starting a presence in Atlanta Metro with a new factory so maybe they will outbid Russell, however Adidas is not as involved in the grassroots of youth football the way nike and UA are so would switching to Adidas help that much in recruiting?? It seems like the recruiting complaint would really revolve around UA and Nike and again I just do not think Nike wants GT for the money Russell is willing to pay! SO will UA give us a 10 year 90M dollar deal so close to Auburn?? I can see GT & Russell staying together with a 10 year 50M bid and UA and Adidas keeping their "official licensing agreements to sell GT apparel!!

IF you all want UA unis you better start buying all the UA gear sold in Barnes n Nobles!

Last edited:
Interviewed at Shaw once. Russell has tried to update our uniforms, wrongly and approved by the AA. We license to anyone who breathes. The fact is we are low priority almost anywhere.
100% Agree, everywhere but Russell!! Since we license to anyone who breathes. (UA, Adidas, Knights on and on..) Do we really think anyone is going to outbid Russell? So than the question becomes if Russell offers 10 years 50M, UA offers 10 Years 35M, and adidas offers 10 Years 40M do we switch to make fans happy and take a loss in $$ and hope those fans will donate the difference?? Oh wait we have had fundraising problems since D. Rad left for Clemson... Looks like Russell for another 10 years unless we get some major donors to drop out of the sky!!!

Purdue is Nike. Southern Miss is the only other Russell school. Yes the other brands make GT apparel, but most folks are referring to team and sideline apparel.

This is what other schools have that we don't by being a Russell Athletic affiliate.

http://shop.georgiadogs.com/COLLEGE_Georgia_Bulldogs_Everything_Nike/partnerid/13616

http://m.garnetandblacktraditions.com/University-of-South-Carolina-Gamecock-Under-Armour/750/dept

Not only is this better quality merchandise but this give fans the uniformity in color we so desperately need

WRONG... you need to start shopping here
http://gatech.bncollege.com/webapp/...catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=15054&top=Y

The bottom line is we are low priority with those vendors because the items they stock do not sell as fast as the other college teams they sponsor. So from a Nike and UA perspective they may not be willing to outbid Russell since no one is buying the gear they stock!! You all should quit whining and start shopping the last time I was in the Barnes n Nobles no one was buying the Nike or UA gear, and you want them to outbid Russell?? Nonsense

So once we see a 10yr $60-80mil deal you guys will not complain about us being a low priority?

So once we see a 10yr $60-80mil deal you guys will not complain about us being a low priority?
I don't care who makes our uniforms and neither should any intelligent person. The truth is that the AA signs off on everything and any complaint should be toward them and not the companies that make the stuff. I also don't think Nike uniforms will help us get any recruit who can stay in school. That's an SEC moron recruiting tool.

This thread was interesting until the completely misplaced and unfair DQ-bashing happened. At that pint I lost the ability to focus on Russell and could only think about the many beautiful moments I've enjoyed at DQ. The peanut buster parfait was an early fav. The butterscotch dipped cone. The Mr Misty back in the day. And of course the king of the fungle, the Blizzard, progenitor of an entirely new dessert category. Why isn't there a DQ in Buckhead and who do I talk to to make that happen?

This thread was interesting until the completely misplaced and unfair DQ-bashing happened. At that pint I lost the ability to focus on Russell and could only think about the many beautiful moments I've enjoyed at DQ. The peanut buster parfait was an early fav. The butterscotch dipped cone. The Mr Misty back in the day. And of course the king of the fungle, the Blizzard, progenitor of an entirely new dessert category. Why isn't there a DQ in Buckhead and who do I talk to to make that happen?
I agree wholeheartedly, although I think JJ was more attacking their non-dessert foods.

why not match the pants with the helmet
because paint on plastic and dye in fabric are extremely difficult to match. If you ever look at the white on white combos any team wears the whites aren't even the same color.

No one is giving us $60mil for unis. I mean no one.

Back