Ms Tech, Very expensive thinking

LLCoolJacket

Damn Good Rat
on your part to say you will support team, but not its coach.
What does that mean?

Obviously, you must hope for a 0-4 win season to get Chan fired. How would you like to address this team of 18-22 year old young men, and tell them its best for Tech for them to lose for the sake of the program. Tell these guys that, while they are throwing up in 2 a days trying to win a starting job for the team they WANTED to play for. Hell, the great majority are vomiting to just be on the depth chart.

How dare you try to diminish the most exciting 5 years of these kids lives.

I have no doubt that you have NEVER known what its like to work your ass off physically for something this important. If you say you have, I say bullshit.
Go to a practice. I am sure you will be dissapointed that the "team" does not figuratively flip off all that Chan and his staff are trying to get done.
From January to June of this year, your posts were tolerable. Not now. We are going in with Chan and his staff, and they will be the coaching staff when everything is new again for us, and more importantly the football players that represent the greatest institute of learning in the world.

That place is Georgia Tech, dammit, and I want you to fully understand that unless you are a Jacket, you will never get it.

This is Southern college football. Not Pete Carroll and your New England Patriots.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
on your part to say you will support team, but not its coach.
What does that mean?

Obviously, you must hope for a 0-4 win season to get Chan fired. How would you like to address this team of 18-22 year old young men, and tell them its best for Tech for them to lose for the sake of the program. Tell these guys that, while they are throwing up in 2 a days trying to win a starting job for the team they WANTED to play for. Hell, the great majority are vomiting to just be on the depth chart.

How dare you try to diminish the most exciting 5 years of these kids lives.

I have no doubt that you have NEVER known what its like to work your ass off physically for something this important. If you say you have, I say bullshit.
Go to a practice. I am sure you will be dissapointed that the "team" does not figuratively flip off all that Chan and his staff are trying to get done.
From January to June of this year, your posts were tolerable. Not now. We are going in with Chan and his staff, and they will be the coaching staff when everything is new again for us, and more importantly the football players that represent the greatest institute of learning in the world.

That place is Georgia Tech, dammit, and I want you to fully understand that unless you are a Jacket, you will never get it.

This is Southern college football. Not Pete Carroll and your New England Patriots.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes,...this is Southern College Football....and it is a very special institution. We shouldn't have flunked out those 10 kids,.....but hopefully we've corrected that situation. We should be recruiting better quality athletes,.....were showing some signs here,...but still have a LONG way to go.Regardless of your opinion of Gailey...the personnel decisions have been "curious" to say the least. That said,...CG is the coach and I hope our depleted squad rises to the huge challenge and we surprise a lot of folks. I'll gladly admit I was wrong if this happens. The flipside is,...it is all about the program....so if things do indeed turn bad, let's have that same esprit de corp and make the changes necessary for our team to be successful. Fair enough.

GATA JACKETS!!!

"8", I agree. I am not a forever Chan Man. He has this season to prove it or not.
The players deserve it on 8/12.

LLCoolJacket, don't waste your time on Ms Analysis, she's not listening.

I'm standing behind Gailey 100 percent, atleast until after next year (unless this year's team show NO spirirt and NO fight), then I'll look and see what Gailey has or has not done, then I'll mae my judgement about whether he should stay or go. Saying a coach should go after 1 year is ludicris.

As someone else said, I'm proud to be a FOC'er

Originally posted by gnats:
Right on, LLCoolJ! No quarter!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hell yea!

To der lumberyard

May I ask you this? If you do not support the President of the United States of America, does it mean that you want the country to fail?

If you are Democract and hope that George Bush is defeated, does it mean that you want the economy and foreign policy to spiral out of control so that a Democratic candidate can win?

And, if you are a Republican, was supporting Bill Clinton tantamount to hoping that bad things happened to America to prevent his re-election?

I think you can feel that the person running an organization is incompetent or bad and in need of replacing and yet not wish ill upon the organization itself.

A partiot can call for a change in leadership and still love their country and a Tech fan can do the same. People who love something can be distressed by what they perceive the direction of the organization to be. It says nothing about their love of the organization, only their perception of its state of affairs.

LL, me and you.... we could hang.

Unfortunately MSTA will never agree with you. She's boxed herself in on this issue to a point of no return. She will never admit her mistake now. Not from the limb she has climbed out on.

See Driver8, you see what happens when you make a good post. I'll give you credit. You are very right and more importantly FAIR in your criticism.

I actually agree with what you said. And for awhile I thought you just needed to take a break. Figured you'd been on that trip to long.

Originally posted by nathogt:
May I ask you this? If you do not support the President of the United States of America, does it mean that you want the country to fail?

If you are Democract and hope that George Bush is defeated, does it mean that you want the economy and foreign policy to spiral out of control so that a Democratic candidate can win?

And, if you are a Republican, was supporting Bill Clinton tantamount to hoping that bad things happened to America to prevent his re-election?

I think you can feel that the person running an organization is incompetent or bad and in need of replacing and yet not wish ill upon the organization itself.

A partiot can call for a change in leadership and still love their country and a Tech fan can do the same. People who love something can be distressed by what they perceive the direction of the organization to be. It says nothing about their love of the organization, only their perception of its state of affairs.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Unfortunately your analogy sucked and the reality of it is that if you want the coach to fail or not succeed because you don't support him, then you are indirectly causing the kids to fail. How can you want someone to fail? Especially the coach. That is beyond me.

And don't give me this BS that you never said you want him to fail. If you don't want to support him, then you want him to fail. It's that simple.

So have you ever wanted a coach fired? Are you saying that you were screaming for Bill Lewis to be retained in '94? And, if at the start of the '94 season someone said that a change needed to be made, would they have been a traitor who cost the program wins? (Your logic seems to indicate that they would have been even though their judgment would have been correct.) Can a person ever recognize that a program is heading in the wrong direction until rock bottom is hit?

Can a fan ever lose confidence in a coach and voice their opinion that change needs to take place? Can a fan ever even complain about a coaches' decision? By your logic, it seems to be disloyal and to destroy the team.

I'm saying that Gailey is going to do what Gailey is going to do. Tech will win or lose regardless of what I or other fans think. And different people are going to think what they think of the coach.

A person wanting a new coach is not synonomous with wanting the team to fail. People who want new coaches often are people who fear that the coach will drive the program into the ground. People who want a new coach often think that it is best in the long run.

Feel free to thrash a pessimists judgment. But there is no need to question their love of the team.

I, by the way, see no problem with my analogy between coaches and Presidents. But lead large organizations and inherit the talent that exists. Both make decisions most of whose effects will be felt later and both rely upon the support of the organizations base.

Driver, decent post. Still waiting for someone to clarify "we shouldn't have flunked those 10 kids" though. I understand they needed more support, but if they didn't show up for class why should we not have flunked them?

nathogt, no problem with your logic, but do think some have a damn quick trigger. One year can be a blip on the screen, great coaches have bad 1 or 2 year periods. I have no problem with those who want a coaching change. What I do have a problem with is those who hijack every thread about the football team to make their point and those who get almost hysterical in their insistence that they have some insight into everything withoug stepping foot on campus.

Originally posted by nathogt:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NOW, THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER ON THIS BOARD as support of an organization, entity but lack their of for a leader, coach, director! Excellent analogies and very profound!
shocked.gif
drinking.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FILLING IN THE VOID FOR THESE FOLKS!!!!

Let me CLARIFY for those who do not read my posts thoroughly....

Let's get this straight because of the hatred coming my way, you are all building assumptions into my dislike for Chan, and yes they are assumptions because no one here knows me personally but a choice few!

This is the last time I will get into this - my support of this team is first - if they do well, that means this coach is doing his job. If they don't and I believe it can be better and you the coach made mistakes - I'm going to say it.

A fan has and always will voice opinions good, bad or indifferent - that sports. I keep hearing I post with emotion - damn - EMOTION IS FOOTBALL for everyone involved. Does emotion send me over the top in my looking at the situation - only when the situation is faltering and moving in a direction not condusive to success!

Starting threads about me being a fan - is a waste of everyone's time - worry about GT and what's going on and yes always be supportive of this school and all its teams - that's what I have done for 29 years and Chan is not going to change that!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Driver, decent post. Still waiting for someone to clarify "we shouldn't have flunked those 10 kids" though. I understand they needed more support, but if they didn't show up for class why should we not have flunked them?

nathogt, no problem with your logic, but do think some have a damn quick trigger. One year can be a blip on the screen, great coaches have bad 1 or 2 year periods. I have no problem with those who want a coaching change. What I do have a problem with is those who hijack every thread about the football team to make their point and those who get almost hysterical in their insistence that they have some insight into everything withoug stepping foot on campus.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NCJ: What's bothersome for you is also bothersome for us - hysteria started because of posters with divergent opinions - you call it hysteria when we state what we feel? I call it hysteria when attacks occur on PEOPLE - fans that are expressing themselves.

I have never started a thread against Chan - AND YOU ALL NEED TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE ARCHIVES! I have posted my opinions in a debate - because my opinion is different from others - you don't want us here, that's the difference and it's an injustice.

As much as I am not a Chan fan - I have NEVER chosen to try to convert anyone here who was - this is almost getting cult like. Fortunately, I have enough in me to diffuse anything of the sort!
I have said I respected differing opinions but have been told many times over not to say mine - sounds like a dictatorial situation to me! And I for one am against anything of the sort and would hope anyone here would feel the same!

Cheering for a team I have cheered for for 29 years - through good and bad is not about to change and let's all stop what I consider worse for GT then Chan!

originally posted by nath
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not all, but some, and they are very vocal and illogical in their rantings against whoever the president is at the time.

Not to go into an off-topic vein, but there are many demos who are squirming as they watch the economy gain strength under a repub administration. I'm sure it works the other way to (repubs wanting demos to fail at the expense of our nation.) Also, our country would be considered as failing if the situation in Iraq is not stabilized as we intend. Believe it that there are many who would love to see just that.

Now back to GT football. I have mulled over in my head about the "support the team but not the coach" issue for many months now. Obviously a Tech fan will want Tech to succeed, thus they will want Coach Gailey to succeed. And if Coach Gailey succeeds, then a Tech fan would want to retain him as head coach.

Most are taking an attitude of "I'll make my decision after this year." Even some of the Anti-chan group says that, despite their fears, they are willing to let him have the year to see how it plays out and will gladly "eat crow" if Tech wins.

Then there are those very few whom I truly believe want him gone and would gladly "suffer" Tech's failure in order for that to happen. They have taken that road because A) they have true antipathy for Coach Gailey and B) they have backed themselves so far into the corner that they have to be right.

At this point, we should only be saying good things openly about CG and the team. Criticism and negativity at the entrance of our level of schedule is destructive. There is proper timing for everything. Criticism belongs AFTER the season.

As for me and my house, we will stand with the good guys (those who proudly fly the GT colors).

ms ta has not said anything positive in 6 months. Why should we expect her to do so now? I would just be happy for her to adopt that wise old saying: if you can't say something good, don't say anything at all.

However, she will will just keep on hammering her negativity because she has a "right." She will justify her hurtful actions at the drop of a hat. But what goes around comes around.
pat.gif

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by nathogt:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Unfortunately your analogy sucked and the reality of it is that if you want the coach to fail or not succeed because you don't support him, then you are indirectly causing the kids to fail. How can you want someone to fail? Especially the coach. That is beyond me.

And don't give me this BS that you never said you want him to fail. If you don't want to support him, then you want him to fail. It's that simple.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">For someone who calls me negative - I WOULD SUGGEST THAT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE HERE AGAINST ANOTHER FAN - IS JUST THAT!!!
mad.gif

Originally posted by mustard:
At this point, we should only be saying good things openly about CG and the team. Criticism and negativity at the entrance of our level of schedule is destructive. There is proper timing for everything. Criticism belongs AFTER the season.

As for me and my house, we will stand with the good guys (those who proudly fly the GT colors).

ms ta has not said anything positive in 6 months. Why should we expect her to do so now? I would just be happy for her to adopt that wise old saying: if you can't say something good, don't say anything at all.

However, she will will just keep on hammering her negativity because she has a "right." She will justify her hurtful actions at the drop of a hat. But what goes around comes around.
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This IS A FOOTBALL GAME - get real. What is this 'go around come around crap'?? That my personal life will suffer because of a damn football game and who the coach is - and you're a GT grad??? I question deeply your intelligence and your provocative statements.

Do you actually think I'm worried about someone rambling about junk like you spew? If I was worried about evil doers and what is being said I would have taken the high road.

THIS IS ABOUT FOOTBALL - NOT NUCLEAR WAR!!!!!!! My God - it's a game played on a field, that's all!
mad.gif

Back