Mutts burying the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum
Anyone associated with this mess better have an attorney. This isn't NCAA BS. Two people are dead.
I am not a lawyer but my guess would be that there will be very large amounts in damages paid without any of this going to civil court or even civil filings. I think the school and athletic program will do anything to avoid any more digging around all of this than is absolutely necessary.

The question will be what will the State of Georgia do about any of it. Will there be investigations into the school and athletic program for any of this? Again, my guess is that everything will be done quietly and handled quietly.

Otherwise this could be REALLY ugly for the school and the UGA athletic program. Which is why in the end, I don't think it will.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
dwag fans going crazy trying to brush this off as nothing on redditcfb
24 year old female with undergrad and masters from UGA and title of "recruting analyst" out with players at a strip club in itself tough to brush off. add in the fatalities. oy.

but no matter the circumstances or how bad this looks, these two young folks losing their lives is just terrible. i hate stories like this. its just awful.

bandman

Damn Good Rat
Come to think of it, wasn't there some school that got in NCAA trouble for roundball recruiting people getting involved with taking people to strip clubs?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I am not a lawyer but my guess would be that there will be very large amounts in damages paid without any of this going to civil court or even civil filings. I think the school and athletic program will do anything to avoid any more digging around all of this than is absolutely necessary.

The question will be what will the State of Georgia do about any of it. Will there be investigations into the school and athletic program for any of this? Again, my guess is that everything will be done quietly and handled quietly.

Otherwise this could be REALLY ugly for the school and the UGA athletic program. Which is why in the end, I don't think it will.
Regardless of all that, the NCAA should have a microscope up uga’s ass. If their mission is to protect the student athlete, a fair subject of investigation is why is are two female athletic department employees shuttling two student athletes from the strip club to a Waffle House at 3 am.

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum
Regardless of all that, the NCAA should have a microscope up uga’s ass. If their mission is to protect the student athlete, a fair subject of investigation is why is are two female athletic department employees shuttling two student athletes from the strip club to a Waffle House at 3 am.
The NCAA will do nothing.

Buzzkill1974

Varsity Lurker
The optics are bad, but a gentleman’s club means nothing legally…every school, including mama tech, would settle out of court. This won’t move the needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.