My 2 Cents....

All that rambling and I still can't figure your point. You keep trying to go back to O'Brien. Gailey is the head coach. If either he didnt want O'Brien or eventually saw he couldn't cut it, he should have canned him.

Why aren't you on to Dookie's butt for collapsing a good offensive line? The man is consistent though, we never got any better at snapping the ball to the quarterback from beginning to end - not one bit of improvement. We winged into the north stands vs. Duke, snapped it on AJ's ankle in a key drive vs. Wake, and threw two wild pitches against Georgia. But he's a Gailey hire, so who is to blame?

Father Wasp, every thing I said was relevant to last year's problems. If you can't see that BOB could have been a problem, then you are completely blind in this respect.

There is a 50/50 chance that the offensive problems were BOB's as well as Gailey's. There is no way of telling at this point. As stated earlier, we will get a better view of that situation after we see the offense of this coming year.

Why were there a lot of balls not hiked to the quarterback. If the morale was bad and some of the players were siding with BOB and wanted Gailey to look bad, it could have been on purpose by the center.

You have identified your agenda again by saying the offensive line coach let the offensive line destruct from the previous year. It is easy to see that is a statement by you that you are mad because Mac did not get the job.

You are so transparent in your agenda, why don't you just be honest and admit it.

Gailey did can BOB, he just chose to do it after recruiting instead of during the season. I would have canned BOB during the season, but, at least, Gailey did can him.

Who's to blame? I have already told you that it could have been either BOB or Gailey. I did not stutter one bit. It could have been BOB's fault that the team had morale problems.

It was obvious some of the players were upset after Mac was chosen as the head coach.

As I said many times, your agenda from the very time Gailey was hired was to get him fired.

I have now moved you ahead of BeeWare. I believe you have him beat in posting the same "Fire Gailey" articles.

It would be difficult to find a post that did not have that slant in it somewhere.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I didn't figure on this post becoming the proverbial p'ing contest between friends but it is interesting never the less...
I will respond to CATJACKET's attempt to contradict my claims...
- Yes the team did walk down Yellow Jacket Alley 5 of 6 games... HOWever the one they missed was Seniors day for crying out loud I followed Randy Rhino filming the walk that his son would never take Kelly watches his Senior Day walk down YJA on Video and there's no one cheering 'cause the team wasn't there to be cheered!!! AND they were never consistent in when they arrived... fans, band, and cheer team all biting nails and looking bored and at their watches trying to figure out what happened to the team this week...
- Yes the team followed the Ramblin' Reck onto the field... but several times if you were sitting in the east stands as I was you could see behind the scenes that it was totally disorganized and some of the team would be there and other members of the team weren't....... Reck would inch out to start and get called back several times... and the Clemson game rush onto the field was weak and disorganized...
- AND the letter from Braine about reseating oh yes whenever it concerns the flow of money from my pocket book to the AA's communication has been in excess... I've been more concerned with Gailey's weekly call in show... where he was IMO politely rude to most callers who would have any questions about football.... the total blackout of info following the UGA game and the blackhole of communication after the Silicon Valley debacle... Including the preemting of Wes' Monday morning recap on the 'Flagship' station immediately following 51-7!!!
- your finger pointing at all those other achievements in the Athletic Department is swell Catjacket...
BUT THEY DON'T PAY THE BILLS!!!!!!
let me be the first to explain this real slowly for you.... IF FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL FAIL THE OTHER SPORTS WILL FAIL ALSO... I will listen to you if you can prove this is not so but save your breathe.... Golf, Swimming, Diving, Volleyball, and even a Nat'l. Champion in Baseball do not earn enough to pay for themselves if the 2 big money earners fail how will any of the others survive...
- now for stadium expansion... this is a great idea... I've been in support of this and I think the Stadium looks great...
BUT...
I pay for seasons tickets... 6 MONTHS UP FRONT... then I see the AA cut ticket prices on game day to a mere $10 it kind've bugs me...
I tolerate reseating and change because I understand that we've installed all these fancy seats and this has caused some transition...
BUT I go to pick my new seats and lo and behold less than 25% of the new seats are going to have any butts in them come game day... It would be nice to sell those seats before we built them and forced a mass exodus of loyal fans who can't or won't afford $1,500 extra don't you think??? Now how will the AA fill those seats this FALL???? These seats are clearly in the view of the TV cameras are we going to paste cutouts in them or will the AA undercut us as prepaying fans and undersell those seats as they did seats last fall???
The fact that the AA has raised 75% of the funds speaks more about the loyalty of the fan base than any genius moneymaking schemes concocted by the AA... TECH fans have always showed their support monetarily... this has never been a problem nor will it be in the future as long as we feel we have reliable leadership...
As to your questions to the AA... were you 'in the know' about this change in policy regarding Head Coach participation in SA academics or did your AA phone rep answer this when you called??? Perhaps your AA phone rep can help this fall and let us know which game the team will chose to walk down YJA and which one they will choose to go directly by bus past the fans, band and cheerleaders... Does he know why if UPS is a major commercial sponsor why I recieve things in the mail from the AA in a Federal Express container??? Some of my TECH alumni friends who work for UPS were a little surprised at this...

Okay so I've reviewed and yes I do expect the SA's to accept the majority of blame for their academic lack of performance... BUT again SA"S are recruited to TECH with the promise of an exhorbitant amount of tutoring help and guidance... If TECH considers itself as a tough school academically and won't change it's scholastic orientation to liberal arts degrees then it has to assist these SA's in every aspect of off field life especially academics...
Finally... unless summer school goes very well for 10+ SA's we would have lost the equal of one recruiting class... There is no good way to spin this failure...
Excluding wins and losses that will eventually be posted what about the expense in dollars that it cost to recruit these athletes??? And now with us recruiting nationally what is the cost of recruiting say Al Pena and then losing him after 5 months??? Times 10... what's that cost??? I'll wager losing 10 Football players academically costs more than all the money that the female varsity sports earned in one year... Betcha it's real close ....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
pat.gif

casbah62 you might try asking catjacket where he/she is employed and "who" is their supervisor. I believe that you will understand the support then. General Wood in another post gave his identity and why he is so knowledgeable on AA student athlete affairs- maybe others should be so candid.

CATJACKET, and the club level footgall team might be operating out 55000 seat stadium!!

Back