My first post EVER on Stingtalk.

ahsoisee, you didn't exactly compare bdg to barbara streisand .. well here's the link .. you'll see what i'm talking about ..

LINK: bobby dodd ghost masquerading as a movie star

and ahso .. i didn't say that you coined the phrase "FOC'er" .. that is the ghost's claim to fame ...

here's the link about the whole bet to give it a historical perspective

LINK: the ghost's backbone melts thanks to ylojk8

ghostbuster of bobby dodd .. i LOVE your nick .. if you need help busting up the spooks around this joint .. i'm at your service.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
ahsoisee, you didn't exactly compare bdg to barbara streisand .. well here's the link .. you'll see what i'm talking about ..

LINK: bobby dodd ghost masquerading as a movie star

and ahso .. i didn't say that you coined the phrase "FOC'er" .. that is the ghost's claim to fame ...

here's the link about the whole bet to give it a historical perspective

LINK: the ghost's backbone melts thanks to ylojk8

ghostbuster of bobby dodd .. i LOVE your nick .. if you need help busting up the spooks around this joint .. i'm at your service.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ylo.. reading your signature, hopefully the sacrament of the FOCers this year isn't crow...

Originally posted by BeeBad:

ylo.. reading your signature, hopefully the sacrament of the FOCers this year isn't crow...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">beebad .. if it is indeed crow .. i will eat it and we'll change the head priest if that's what it takes.

eating crow would not change my religion or my place of worship.

head priest right now is chan gailey who has my full support and also my admiration (though him having my full support doesn't mean much .. but for what it's worth, it's there).

Ghostbuster...Your probably like me being a longtime reader of this board but just a recent poster...Dont hesitate to post...The FEW here that are ALWAYS negative must be getting nervous as more and more GT fans have decided to jump in and show the overall TRUE GT feeling on Chan..
Its like what Chuck Dowdle said Friday night..Chan truly is a class act and represents GT well...Now given time (Just like it has been documented and proven that it took 3 to 4 years for all of our past Head Coaches) i feel he will do very well here on the Flats.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

eating crow would not change my religion or my place of worship.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Excellent attitude Ylo. When it is all said and done, people like you and me will be at BDS every saturday cheering on the white and gold regardless of who the coach or AD is. Coaches, AD, and President will come and go... but we will always be the faithful in the stands.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Ghostbuster...Your probably like me being a longtime reader of this board but just a recent poster...Dont hesitate to post...The FEW here that are ALWAYS negative must be getting nervous as more and more GT fans have decided to jump in and show the overall TRUE GT feeling on Chan..
Its like what Chuck Dowdle said Friday night..Chan truly is a class act and represents GT well...Now given time (Just like it has been documented and proven that it took 3 to 4 years for all of our past Head Coaches) i feel he will do very well here on the Flats.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BlackPanties.. noone here has ever said that gailey doesn't represent GT well... The fence is sagging from all those taking a "wait & see" on his coaching abilities... Second chapter to start Thursday...

Your posts are more than welcome, Ghostbuster and Fuzzy. Please post often.

BeeBad, you are right on target. All this internet chatter that cranked up the afternoon of 51-7 and never let up can now be shut down. Chapter II starts in a couple of days!

My guess is "Ghostbuster" is David Braine.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nervous???? The only concern I have is for this program - nervous about stating my views????? You must be dreaming! And by the way, stop trying to turn fans away from supporting GT. Whoever the coach and whatever the records - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US IS NEEDED AND ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE BECAUSE OF YOU! So, get a grip because this season is about to start! Cheer for the Jackets and take less time coming here trying to divide the base!

Mstech...You ARE the ALL-TIME divider on This board with you Persistent tune on Bashing Chan..Well i guess it would be a toss up between Beepad and you......

welcome Ghostbuster,excellent post and keep um' coming. It is time now that we all should bee pulling together. There are 12 enemies that need out concentrated efforts to defeat.
drinking.gif

I'm just a dumb football writer, but Auburn with all their talent returning is still rpimarily a running team and if Tech can't stop that, then they need to change their defensive philosophy. Force Auburn to the air which is their weekness historically. In the meantime, a low scoring game is won in the trenches, is shortened by a strong running attack and you have a powerful line. Honestly, I think defeating BYU in Provo might actually be tougher for TECH than knocking off Auburn at home. Respect your opponents. BYU is not some Jr. College. They have in my estimation, one of the finest secondaries in the game and a solid nucleus at linebacker and on the d-line. Yes TECH has a big strong line, but no bigger or stronger than the one BYU faces everyday in practice, not the lines BYU faces when they line up to play their own conference foes or intersectional games with regional teams from the PAC-10 and BIG-12 which they doo pretty regularly. This is a program what is difficult to defeat playing closer to their own region. They are use to winning big games and they see GT as a big game. Their Head Coach was a TECH assistant and at LaTech for three years. He doesn't think GT has anything especially intimidating in it's cupboard and you can bet he believes his team will prepare to win on Thursday night. I like TECH's O-Line and think it is the real key to victory here. But if BYU's offense clicks (and sometimes they just get into a rythm that is unstoppable) it could be a long night. Win or lose honorably and whatever happens, beat Auburn.

Back