Nate Woody Hired at Ga State

^This. I don't understand some of the crying I see from some fans when coaching changes happen. Every one of these guys makes a ton of $$$ and will be just fine.
Money's not everything, especially if you've got enough not to be desperate. I'm sure he's disappointed by the unexpected direction his career has taken – a direction that seems at least a little undeserved. He didn't blow the doors off of us, but he didn't get much of a chance, either.

Money's not everything, especially if you've got enough not to be desperate. I'm sure he's disappointed by the unexpected direction his career has taken – a direction that seems at least a little undeserved. He didn't blow the doors off of us, but he didn't get much of a chance, either.

Do you wanna hold a candlelight vigil for him in front of Bobby Dodd?

um yeah sorry - still no sympathy for someone who got paid a half-mill last year and will be paid same this year. good luck to him and whatever.

Worst performance against Georgia that I’ve ever seen from a Georgia Tech team. Ever.

51-7 was the worst. That team quit. That is the only game I can remember a Tech team quiting mid game. The two transition bowls, we didn’t show up in the first place.

It was a calculated risk when he took the GT job. CPJ’s age, contract, and recent results made a coaching change within a few years likely.

Worst performance against Georgia that I’ve ever seen from a Georgia Tech team. Ever.
We gave up 45 points. Both of our previous regimes allowed more points to worse UGA teams in eras where offenses didn't score as many points anyways. It was pathetic and embarrassing, but let's not act like it's never happened before. We had a crappy defense and UGA had an elite offense, so we got whipped. I don't think it's fair at all to blame Woody, especially in the first year of a massive schematic shift.

We gave up 45 points. Both of our previous regimes allowed more points to worse UGA teams in eras where offenses didn't score as many points anyways. It was pathetic and embarrassing, but let's not act like it's never happened before. We had a crappy defense and UGA had an elite offense, so we got whipped. I don't think it's fair at all to blame Woody, especially in the first year of a massive schematic shift.
51-7 was in Tenuta’s first year as well.

Last year was the worst we’ve ever played against them. Their first team offense never punted and scored a TD every time they had the football. Stop kidding yourself...It literally couldn’t have been any worse.

51-7 was in Tenuta’s first year as well.

Last year was the worst we’ve ever played against them. Their first team offense never punted and scored a TD every time they had the football. Stop kidding yourself...It literally couldn’t have been any worse.
I'm not going to defend the performance, because it was embarrassing and unacceptable. It's not worth discussing whether there were equally ööööty games in the past. I'm just saying I don't view it as an indictment of Woody.

I'm not going to defend the performance, because it was embarrassing and unacceptable. It's not worth discussing whether there were equally ööööty games in the past. I'm just saying I don't view it as an indictment of Woody.
Might have helped if our offense had showed up early in the game.

It was a calculated risk when he took the GT job. CPJ’s age, contract, and recent results made a coaching change within a few years likely.
Agreed – but there's a big difference between "within a few years" and "after one year" in terms of coaching resume.

Agreed – but there's a big difference between "within a few years" and "after one year" in terms of coaching resume.

On the other hand, if CPJ saw more improvement on defense, maybe he sticks around. Who knows? I think Woody took a shot and it didn't work out.

Plus, he gets paid by GT next year, so he has the flexibility to take an easy gig for a year.

Back