National Championship Game Thread

OK, just so you realize, Herbstreit, an OSU grad, is paying for his two sons to go play for Dabo next year. And he called GT "a sleeping giant."
Yes, I knew all of that. Did you listen to any of the broadcast? Why are you so distraut about this? If he was paying for his twins to walk-on at GT, it still wouldn't change my opinion that he is annoying to listen to. It pisses me off that I have to turn off the sound to enjoy watching a football game.

fark_8XpADoeAAAk7YunYfp9LtEmU9Sk.jpg

Why do you love saban

Don’t love Saban. The remark about hiring him after the game was humor. I respect him as a coach, and I respect Swinney as a coach. I just wish Swinney would accept the accolades for being a good coach and a good leader without saying it is all God’s doing. Thanking God for the blessing of competing and winning is fine. Gratitude to God in all things is good theology. But, saying I won and you lost because it was God’s will and doing is in my opinion, bad theology. Most who say this lack the self awareness to recognize it really is a way to pour salt in the wounds of the defeated. Not only did I win, but it was a matter of God rewarding my faith and belief at your expense.

Dabo, thank God for the blessing of coaching great kids, having a great staff, and representing a fine university. But, when you say the story was all God’s doing you are a clown. In reality you are saying your faith, your piety, your belief was so much greater than anyone else’s God had to honor you. Saying this could happen to anyone if you just believe is offensive. Might as well tell everyone with cancer if they just have enough faith, God will definitely cure them.

It’s just a game dog.

Oh, ok. God is clearly evil if he let's Dabo the Clown win a stupid football game yet allows untold misery throughout the world. I guess you are right...
Why does it bother you this much? Shout out to the Devil for the win, everyone knows Satan loves sports.

Dabo, thank God for the blessing of coaching great kids, having a great staff, and representing a fine university. But, when you say the story was all God’s doing you are a clown. In reality you are saying your faith, your piety, your belief was so much greater than anyone else’s God had to honor you. Saying this could happen to anyone if you just believe is offensive. Might as well tell everyone with cancer if they just have enough faith, God will definitely cure them.

Saying God blessed him because his faith was better than everyone else's would mean that he is winning by leveraging God better than his opponents, as if God were merely a tool that the sufficiently pious can wield against others. That seems to be in stark contrast to him saying it's God's doing.

Back