Nebraska may go back to the triple-option

I think all three beat Uga during their tenure. Pepper probably shouldn’t have been pushed out.

Fulcher did not.

At least Pepper was not so stubborn that he would not change his O when he realized it was hurting our recruiting and, perhaps, GTs PR. Jeez, and Pepper had a huge ego! AND he only got 6 years and played a tougher schedule then. Pepper at least tried to adjust.

Next year will be year 11!

Really, really need to beat ugag this year.

Last edited:
There were three head coaches in my time at Tech, Carson, Fulcher and Rogers. I believe they all did a good job in a difficult period. We were not in a conference, the expectations were high based on Coach Dodd's accomplishments and Coach Dodd was a much better coach than AD.
Carson went on to be a very successful NFL assistant. Pepper was very successful at UCLA and made a sacrifice to return to Tech. We moved the ball very well with the wishbone but we fumbled too much to have consistent success. Fulcher seemed to be worn down by the Eddie McAshan saga.
Looking at our results from the mid 50's to now reminded me how tough it is to be Yellow Jacket. A lot of mediocre seasons with the occasional good to great season.

Soooooooo...Nebraska MIGHT decide to go back to running the triple option. And it only took 22 years after winning their last championship to figure this out?

Well done Huskers. Well done.

Would be a great move, both for their performance and brand, which means they won't do it.

Back