New commit: Travin Henry

He catches with his hands. That's a skillset we've been light on recently.

That's the first thing I noticed. If it is true that he can consistently run 4.5 with that kind of size, then he certainly has potential.

Don't understand something here. My updates this AM show Autry as a commit a while back and shows that Crawford to be a soft commit. So whats up with this post by Cypto?

Reminds me of Jeff Greene's film. Doesn't look blazing fast but has good hands. So... are we settling for a lesser player or was he just under the radar at some rural high school.

I saw this guy play against the high school I teach at near Albany. He did everything but hike the ball. Played offense, defense, ran the ball, ran some wildcat, and caught a half a dozen passes. Not tremendously fast but faster than you might think. He has "sleeper" written all over him.

I like the pickup. He looks like he's ready to block from the WR position day one. We are going to need a lot of help out there next season.
He may turn out like Anthony Lawston though. Just too big for WR and gets moved to OLB further into his career. But we just need some D 1 bodies at WR, so I think he gets his shot there first.

I like the pickup. He looks like he's ready to block from the WR position day one. We are going to need a lot of help out there next season.
He may turn out like Anthony Lawston though. Just too big for WR and gets moved to OLB further into his career. But we just need some D 1 bodies at WR, so I think he gets his shot there first.

Different qualities needed in CPJ's offense than in Fridges or Gaileys for a WR. In a pro-style offense the WR's have to be able to get separation with speed and/or route running abilities. Lawston probably lost that ability with his growth.
In CPJ's offense, long arms for blocking and being able to catch jump balls or just catch the ball period when running down the field wide open are whats important.
All of our WR recuits from here on out will probably be the 6'3"+ long arm guys unless its athlete guys that can play multiple positions like Summers and Autry.

Don't understand something here. My updates this AM show Autry as a commit a while back and shows that Crawford to be a soft commit. So whats up with this post by Cypto?

Forget Crawford, he is changing to Miami, should be confirmed shortly I would think.

Cook Co is 1-AA. One of the deepest regions. Fitzgerald won their region. Cook was a three seed. Cook ran the ball a bunch. QB didn't have the best arm. He stood out when we played them.

Different qualities needed in CPJ's offense than in Fridges or Gaileys for a WR. In a pro-style offense the WR's have to be able to get separation with speed and/or route running abilities. Lawston probably lost that ability with his growth.
In CPJ's offense, long arms for blocking and being able to catch jump balls or just catch the ball period when running down the field wide open are whats important.
All of our WR recuits from here on out will probably be the 6'3"+ long arm guys unless its athlete guys that can play multiple positions like Summers and Autry.

Exactly! Spot on, a WR who can block and go up and get the ball is what this offense needs. It's great to have burners at WR but if they don't block and can't seem to consistently hold on to the ball then all the speed in the world doesn't matter one bit. I'm so tired of seeing our WR's cough up balls that should be caught!

This is the type of player that I like in our offense: a big guy. We need to keep recruiting these undersized TEs/oversized WRs because blocking is more important than receiving on an overwhelming majority of our plays. I'm really excited about Travin.

Welcome to GT! I can't wait to see you put some defenders on their butts and make some 50+ yard receptions!!!

This is the type of player that I like in our offense: a big guy. We need to keep recruiting these undersized TEs/oversized WRs because blocking is more important than receiving on an overwhelming majority of our plays. I'm really excited about Travin.

Welcome to GT! I can't wait to see you put some defenders on their butts and make some 50+ yard receptions!!!

Don't mean to poopoo on your party but haven't we been complaining about the passing game for the past couple of years? Forget blocking, I'm ready to see progress in the offense w/ receivers who CATCH rather than just being a great blocker

Have we reached semi-factory status on Rivals? Dude went from no *'s to *** after committing. :cool:

In all seriousness, nice pickup for the good guys amidst all the turmoil.

Back