New Commit

Plus, you implied that Sewak is wasting 4* talent. How many 4* linemen has Sewak even had to work with? I count 3. Uzzi (All-American), Lanier (injuries), and Devine ( weight issues, jury is still out). If you want to retroactively say that Mason should have been 4* talent, then 2 out of 4 4 stars became all Americans under Sewak. Just another way of looking at things.

Does anybody know the level of competition?.That is only thing worrying me.

Strong, fast, big. Approve.

Mason was a 3* that was largely unrecruited by P5 schools. Not the same thing at all.

I think Sewak should probably be let go, but clearly its not like he's incapable of "coaching up" players, so to speak.

But the way he is coaching our O line to block is disgraceful.

But the way he is coaching our O line to block is disgraceful.

Perhaps. That seems to be the easiest explanation for what happened this year, anyway. OTOH, they blocked it pretty öööö well last year.

As fans, we often want the most direct fixes. For example, you think CPJ should be let go. I, along with most GT fans, thing CPJ's body of work says that would be a horrible move, so we move down the list to the next guy. Sewak is an easy target right now due to our awful OL play this year and in many years. I'm not gonna lie - I would probably be happy to see him go because it would signal that CPJ thinks that replacing him will improve OL play. But the best solution may not be that simple.

OTOH, they blocked it pretty öööö well last year.

Everyone keeps saying this. Everyone except CPJ. He has even said that the line didn't really execute all that well outside of Shaq. Better athletes allowed us to overcome things. So if CPJ says we weren't all that great, then I hope he realizes something needs to change.

I'll keep an eye on this kid. I like an offensive line recruit with 2 blocked kicks, 2 rushing TDs, and 2 screen passes in his highlight reel. Looks like he can block in space and get down field.

Everyone keeps saying this. Everyone except CPJ. He has even said that the line didn't really execute all that well outside of Shaq.

PJ has qualified that by saying the line played well the last couple of games. And if you watch the Georgia and Mississippi State games again, they just crushed those defenses.When you're getting 399 yards on the ground with mostly belly and zone, you're whipping somebody's a$$ on the line.

Back